• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Marketing Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
It seems that Hivers are not interested in MOBA games. I received no comments from [Hero Arena] - Revenants of Ruins. Sadly. Or maybe it is just me.

The main topic is, How To Market Our Map?

I find this topic is very relevant to a development of map. I am very sure that every modder want his/her map to go to the further level (e.g. become indie game, has its competition, increasing fan and community and etc.). In order to go to the further level, the map requires its fan base. Starting from having a small fan base. How to achieve that?

This is definitely the sector of marketing.
Marketing strategies for game that I have researched so far are video trailer, video gameplay, and work arts. Basically most of the strategies are multimedia content. But, as Warcraft 3 current phenomenon. It is very challenging for the strategies to perform. So, the question is, how can we implement a good performing strategy? or maybe there are other strategies that can we do? what are they?

Let's share among ourselves so that we could successfully pull people back to playing Warcraft 3 like the days before. Warcraft 3 is reviving, I could notice few people getting back to it. But very slow. It is like a hero who revived but with 10% life and we have to wait him to regenerate himself. Damn, the hero needs some pots.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Make a reddit thread about it. And not only one, several subs.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

You shouldn't be that worried when posting stuff online. Remember anonymity is your friend, you don't have to make those posts under then name of "Heaven Editor", you could be "anon" just as well.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Well that's the risk when you're independent and doing "marketing" yourself.

Also about the content, at least what I'm interested in is screenshots and gameplay videos. Also if it's commercial product it better have livestreamers (paid promotion) for couple of day or free-to-play demo.

Level 10
Looks like I have to recruit people. But no one seem interested in MOBA or AOS. Yet, I have not yet deliver the multimedia content (video, picture, stream, etc.). So, I will try to learn making video first. Then, if people are interested, I will ask to join so that they can help me with my map.

Btw, what do you think about my map, Revenants of Ruins v3.0b AI+. Is it decent enough to pull people interests? Who should I market my map first (upon your experience)?

Level 10
Woot! The Quilnez!!! Your maps are one of the most advance mods I have ever seen. They are always keeping me motivated.

But the download count is not totally showing people interest. The more you update, the more people download it. People do not rate map so often right? Or is it just me?

Currently, my motivation is very low which made me quite pessimistic. How you keep on going?

Level 10
Yes, expectation is very high. Especially MOBA. To get a map being awesome is hard when alone... I really should learn making video.

The one thing that motivates me the most is that Warcraft 3 is still not dead. Haha. So, I am trying to see if I got the chance to deliver Hero Arena as successful as AOS. Really need support in marketing as I am not good in making video and learning would take time.

Hopefully viewer would pardon my video...
This is one of my resources that I will probably use
Replay : RoR1
Map : RoR v3.0b AI+ PT1 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Watch the replay and tell me is it okey or not okey. Thanks man.

Attachments

• RoR1.w3g
    225.5 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.