• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
hi turnro friend time no see. and have you been? indeed only 3 days left :) wiiiiiiiiiiiiii lol

oh I almost forgot to ask you something turnno.

In this alternate history created by you.
Why they have not done their archimonde and mannroth appearance?
* I wonder who happened to those two demons of the abyss?
* thanks for reading ... and have a nice day.

Hi Darkness.Sansoyat,

I have been well thank you :)

In answer to your question, both Archimonde and Mannroth make a short appearance in the Prologue to Malfurion's Quest. What happened to them will be revealed latter in the campaign.

Level 23
Really good Sentinel version, i just found one bug, in the final cine, Illidan and the other mage, begin to attack the player until kill them.

But anyway, good work!

2mcv8yp.jpg

Level 31
Really good Sentinel version, i just found one bug, in the final cine, Illidan and the other mage, begin to attack the player until kill them.

Really? Thanks for letting me know :)

Well, I'm not sure about that sky choice Turno. You could have put a fogged one to blend in a bit with the fog. As for the scene, well it emanates a bit of tension:)

You are referring to the cave, aren't you?

Level 2
Compare two versions,I think the night elf unit is better than the high elves.And the sentinel version at the end of the animation have some problems.

Level 3
who can tell them what has happened to him?

I played the campaign Resurrection of the scourge! Tichondrius says in the last part, the apocalypse spell is unable to eliminate all humans. this is due to the location where the spell was undertaken. them here is my question. I spend with humans, elves, logan, rowan and others of the first campaign?

* thanks for reading :)

Level 5
who can tell them what has happened to him?

I played the campaign Resurrection of the scourge! Tichondrius says in the last part, the apocalypse spell is unable to eliminate all humans. this is due to the location where the spell was undertaken. them here is my question. I spend with humans, elves, logan, rowan and others of the first campaign?

* thanks for reading :)
Logan might still be alive... He didn't get the "Mysterious" in his name for nothing... and Turnro likes to make us curious about what happens to his campaigns lol

Level 31
Compare two versions,I think the night elf unit is better than the high elves.And the sentinel version at the end of the animation have some problems.

This animation issue will be fixed within the next few days.

Yep Night Elf units are better.... tnx to Furbolg Shamans Healing Wave... well for me that is lol

Healing Wave? But Furbolg Shaman can't use that ability yet ;)

Level 31
You got a point.... wait what do u mean by yet? Just by seeing that word makes me worried

As in Furbolg Shaman are unable to use Healing Wave in that particular mission because their Master Training upgrade is unavailable.

The third mission of the sentinel campaign went to almost finished loading before it quit.

As for the Highbourne mission 3, the nature armour icon caused it to crash.

Hmm. Another Mac crashing problem! Very good, I'll fix the icon crash :)

As for the loading crash, did it only happen to you once?

Level 5
@Turnro

But they're still gonna use it right? I mean this is by far the hardest campaign I've played so Healing Wave is the only thing that could turn the tables for me :)
and Turnro Good Luck:)

Hmm. Another Mac crashing problem! Very good, I'll fix the icon crash :)

As for the loading crash, did it only happen to you once?

It crashes everytime I try to load it.

Also Malfurion's second spell (Highbourne) icon causes it to crash. I'm glad your making the effort for mac players like me though so I appreciate the consideration.

Last edited:
Level 31
Hey guys!

The next Interlude for the Highbourne storyline is completed and included in the campaign file. I have also updated the Sentinel version of Chapter 3. I cannot remember all the changes I made, but some of them include:

- Fixed a major bug in the final cinematic. In addition, the entire final cinematic has been remade
- Slightly changed the Furbolg Shaman in terms of order of abilities and training cost
- Fixed a bug which allowed the Timbermaw Furbolgs to continuously train Furbolgs
- Slightly modified the boss fight with the Insane Wizard
- Checked all dialogue for spelling and grammar errors

In addition, I have updated the Forum to include the exact details of the development progress of Malfurion's Quest. I will be updating this forum once I have clear dates when individual maps will be ready for testing.

Finally, some screenshots of Chapter 3 Sentinel version (which I did not add initially) are now included in the Forum. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey guys!

The next Interlude for the Highbourne storyline is completed and included in the campaign file. I have also updated the Sentinel version of Chapter 3. I cannot remember all the changes I made, but some of them include:

- Fixed a major bug in the final cinematic. In addition, the entire final cinematic has been remade
- Slightly changed the Furbolg Shaman in terms of order of abilities and training cost
- Fixed a bug which allowed the Timbermaw Furbolgs to continuously train Furbolgs
- Slightly modified the boss fight with the Insane Wizard
- Checked all dialogue for spelling and grammar errors

In addition, I have updated the Forum to include the exact details of the development progress of Malfurion's Quest. I will be updating this forum once I have clear dates when individual maps will be ready for testing.

Finally, some screenshots of Chapter 3 Sentinel version (which I did not add initially) are now included in the Forum. Enjoy :)
that is a good news.turnro.

Level 31
Level 31
Hello Turnro,

I have test the Demo and it was fun (albeit harder [far harder] than the rest of your campaigns). I would like to contribute as a Tester, if you allow me to do so :)

Hi Daffa,

Yes, that will be fine. You are welcome to test the maps for Malfurion's Quest so far and give me your review :)

I can also let you know when I have finish each map to allow you to test and give me your feedback.

Level 31
Hi guys!

After receiving feedback on the forum and Malfurion's Quest in general, there are a few decisions I have made.

Firstly, I will no longer be uploading each individual map when they are made. This is because Malfurion's Quest is supposed to be a great campaign, but can only give this feeling when all the chapters are complete.

This does not mean that no news will be made available, though. I will be uploading screenshots of each new map onto the forum once they are ready. I am even considering videos at some point later on in development.

As such, Chapter 3 for both Sentinel and Highbourne are no longer available to download from the map forum. Instead, these maps have been added to the Demo version of Malfurion's Quest, which has been updated.

At the moment, I am working on Chapter 4. More news will be made available once this map is ready :)

Level 31
Hey guys!

It has been a while since I've posted any news, so let's get to it.

Firstly, some screenshots have been uploaded for the current chapter I am working on: Chapter 4 Part 1 of the Highbourne storyline. I'll be uploading even more screenshots once I have made more progress. While I am not a fan of spoiling stories, I'll give you all a brief to what you can expect in Chapter 4 once I am done with both the Sentinel and Highbourne version of the chapter.

On a side note, here are a couple of small features that you can expect over the next couple of chapters:

183891-albums7057-picture84751.jpg

New Ability: FIRE SHIELD

Highbourne Malfurion's Ignite ability has been replaced with this new better ability. When the shield is casted on a friendly unit, all nearby enemy ground units will take damage overtime. Each level of Fire Shield increases the damage it deals per second.

183891-albums7057-picture84752.jpg

Malfurion's Model Transformation

As you progress throughout the campaign, the model for Malfurion will change. Some of you may have already noticed that he receives a new skin in the Highbourne storyline. However, Malfurion's skin will also change when you play the Sentinel storyline (to the more arch-druid skin he has in the Frozen Throne campaigns).

More news on Malfurion's Quest will be released soon :)