• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making an ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys, i want to create an ability.
Blinks the caster towards the target, hitting it with a 100% cleave attack for one attack. Also, i setted a bool variable to true

now, what would actually work:
i do the casting ability trigger and blink the unit towards the target and add the cleave ability.
then i did a second trigger that works like that:

A unit gets attacked
Unit type equal to YourUnit
IF Bool == true then
set Bool = false
else
remove cleave ability

i also added a certain timer just in case that the enemy dies while jumping so that the ability will disappear after 1 sec.

i dont think thats a good solution, does anyone have suggestions? can be in GUI/vJass

ty

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
What about a modified Wind Walk (no invisibility, no critical strike damage) that (with triggers) you add this "100% Cleaving Attack" ability onto the caster upon cast. Then when they attack (trigger: unit is attacked; attacking unit = your_unit;), remove it.

Level 17
I would create a dummy unit and add the cleave ability to it. Then when the caster has teleported I would create the dummy unit and make it use the cleave ability.
cleave is a passive ability that splits a certain percentage of the damage dealt to nearby units

How about a DDS, when DDS says the unit attacked remove the splash ability. You can still use your idea of removing after a time to make it full proof, but yeah.
any suggestions of good DDS?

What about a modified Wind Walk (no invisibility, no critical strike damage) that (with triggers) you add this "100% Cleaving Attack" ability onto the caster upon cast. Then when they attack (trigger: unit is attacked; attacking unit = your_unit;), remove it.
i dont get it, what does the windwalk do then? :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
i dont get it, what does the windwalk do then? :)
Oh sorry, I misread your post; you want a Blink with that Cleave. I was just using Wind Walk as a base to allow you to (trigger) catch the Event and manipulate the caster; essentially replacing the "crit strike" of Wind Walk with "cleave strike". Never mind.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.. >:p

Level 17
Please test this map and tell me if it helps: Tutorial 12 (Cleave blink).w3x
it actually works, however a strange solution in some cases^^ if you did it yourself, then i have a tip for you

• Cleave blink spell 1
    • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
    • Set CleaveBlinkUnit[1] = (Triggering unit)
    • Set CleaveBlinkUnit[2] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing ... degrees
you use target of ability being cast and afterwards you declare a variable for that. also, there is no need to use arrays. Also, use eiter owner of CleaveBlinkCaster or better Triggering Player

• Cleave blink spell 1
    • Set CleaveBlinkCaster = (Triggering unit)
    • Set CleaveBlinkTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Set TempPoint = (Position of (CleaveBlinkTarget))
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering Player) at TempPoint facing ... degrees
nevertheless, thanks for your help, it could help me +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.