• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make Bosses immune to Stun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi

Does anybody know a good possibility to make units more or less immune to stun?
So that if a hero casts a spell like stormbolt (deals damage and stuns) on the boss that he takes the damage but resists the stun?

I've got two "half-solutions" by my own, but they don't 100% satisfy me... :)

Level 3
You can make them magic immune or add them that spell countering ability DotA's Linken Sphere has (I don't remember the name, it is something like "spell shield")

EDIT: Another idea - make them classificated as Ancient and check non-ancient in bash's targets enabled list. It might work (for bash only, of course)

Level 3
You might have a trigger that fires off every second that removes negative buffs from the boss? Though this would make him immune to a lot of stuff, not just stuns.

Same as this just make trigger that will remove specific buff. It would look something like this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Stunned buff from <Ure Unit here>

Level 7
Yeah, that was what I was thinking of, but it's not 100% good...
1. The boss gets interrupted, so he couldn't really use channeling spells...
2. It's a bit unbalanced because hero spells which would stun longer then others, stun the same time... (0.1 sec)

You can make them magic immune or add them that spell countering ability DotA's Linken Sphere has (I don't remember the name, it is something like "spell shield")

EDIT: Another idea - make them classificated as Ancient and check non-ancient in bash's targets enabled list. It might work (for bash only, of course)

Can't use anything of this. (You must be able to cast on the boss, otherwise the caster heroes are useless...)

With
spell countering ability DotA's Linken Sphere
you mean the item ability which absorbs a spell all X seconds?

Actually why I'm asking this is because I'm making a new dungeon map, and in this map you can play with 9 heroes. (before it was mostly 3)
But with 9 heroes, if just 5 of them have an ability that stuns for 2 seconds, then the boss is nearly all the time in the stun...

Level 21
An addition to the "ancient" idea:

- Create 2 spells: 1 based off fireball and give it some damage. Targets allowed: any
The other one should be stun, and should have no damage but a stun duration. Targets allowed: any but Ancient

- Rename "fireball" to "Yourspellname" and change some other stats as you wish.
- Add the fireballspell to the units that should be able to cast it.
- create a dummy unit and give it the stunspell.
- Whenever someone starts casting the fireball spell, make the dummyunit cast the stunspell on the target of the fireball spell.

This way, the one who casts fireball will always do damage, but the ancients (Thus your boss) won't receive the stun casted by the dummy unit

Level 7
Hm yeah, good idea... except that there isn't any ability to deal damage without stun and with the effect that it shoots something. (except death coil but it can also be used to heal undeads...) I know you could trigger that part too...
Hm and it needs a bit of effort to change this for all stun spells... But good idea :D

PS: It's a bit offtopic but does anybody know how to make that the map is always undiscovered. Means that everything you don't see anymore turns compleatly dark again, like in rulerofiron's orpg?
It should also work against the singleplayer cheat iseedeadpeople...

Level 3
Hm yeah, good idea... except that there isn't any ability to deal damage without stun and with the effect that it shoots something. (except death coil but it can also be used to heal undeads...) I know you could trigger that part too...
Hm and it needs a bit of effort to change this for all stun spells... But good idea :D
U could use Acid Bomb (Alchemist's spell). This is one of most custumizable spell in warcraft.

PS: It's a bit offtopic but does anybody know how to make that the map is always undiscovered. Means that everything you don't see anymore turns compleatly dark again, like in rulerofiron's orpg?
It should also work against the singleplayer cheat iseedeadpeople...

I think this should do the job:
  • FOG
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Enable fog of war
      • Visibility - Enable black mask

Level 3
Another idea: Make the boss a Hero (all bosses would have to be heroes) and set Duration - Hero of your stun spells to 0. It is very simple and not very limiting.

Level 24
i believe duration of 0 stun still interrupts spells.
btw @ spell immune bosses, spell immunity definitely doesn't get around bash, and strangely not even war stomp; i messed around with a war stomp ability to do 0 damage but stun everything in a large area for 60 seconds. it managed to hit a dragon, so spell immunity is definitely out of the question for anti-stun.

Level 21

is it just me or does fireball effectivelly hurl a ball of fire to the target?? I thought so, so I don't think you'll have problems with projectiles.

Basically, war stomp sorts of area stuns can work the same

Anyway, I fear that you'll have to choose this option :)

Level 7
Another idea: Make the boss a Hero (all bosses would have to be heroes) and set Duration - Hero of your stun spells to 0. It is very simple and not very limiting.

If you set the duration to 0 it will last for ever... ^^

is it just me or does fireball effectivelly hurl a ball of fire to the target?? I thought so, so I don't think you'll have problems with projectiles.

Yes but it stuns too...

Level 24
lol i never tested the duration 0 on a stun. i know it works like that for summons, 0 duration means they last forever, but it didn't occur to me that it would carry over for stuns.

Level 24
actually, you could set the decay power (or whichever one has the same time as casting time) and set it to whatever the highest it will let you, set the spell duration to 0.1 or something unobtrusive like that. take away any buffs, and you have a spell that does damage without stun. i don't remember if it goes around spell immunity or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.