• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make a Unit bash Immune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, is there any way to make a unit bash immune/war stomp immune, because even though my unit has magic immunity, bash can still stun it, (not sure about war stomp) and im wondering if there is a way to make it immune to bash/stun as well thanks!

Level 7
No, that would be awfully sloppy and won't work properly.

Instead - give all units you want 'Bash-immune' the Suicidal classification. Check the 'Non-Suicidal' box in the 'targets allowed' field for the bash ability. Add a dummy ability based off of Flying Machine Bombs (which does nothing) to the units which are 'Bash-immune' if you so desire. Easy-peasy.

Also - no; War Stomp will not damage or stun spell-immune units.

Level 13
when you unit casts the stun
pick every unit within (range of stun) and do actions,remove buff from picked unit

dunno what bash is but if it has target unit of ability being cast

unit begins casting a ability
ability being cast equal to bash
level of immunity for target unit of ability being cast not equal to 0
-order casting unit to stop

Level 7
when you unit casts the stun
pick every unit within (range of stun) and do actions,remove buff from picked unit

dunno what bash is but if it has target unit of ability being cast

unit begins casting a ability
ability being cast equal to bash
level of immunity for target unit of ability being cast not equal to 0
-order casting unit to stop
The first method is inefficient - channeling spells would be interrupted. The second will not work at all. Read my post above yours.

Level 7
You could trigger the batch but then you would have to go through the complicated process of setting it to 'on attack' instead of when the unit begins attacking. If this isn't a problem for you, the option is viable. Otherwise; my method is simpler.

I said 'dummy ability' not 'dummy unit'. It is not needed but if you want to tell the player the units is bash-immune you can add the ability. Only there for cosmetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.