• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{ask} how to enable magic to hit immune ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How to make any magic skill (example phoenix fire ability ) to hit immune magic unit ( a unit that has immune magic ability or skill ) ???

Level 33
You can however affect unit with Immunity, but of course with a special ability called as "Channel"
A trigger-rely ability, you can find it in Object Editor

Now, to make the spell to be able to target/hit Immune Unit, you can edit the field:
"Data - Options" tick the "Visible" (this is a-must) and the "Universal Spell" and this spell can target immune unit and let the trigger does Action.

Note: This spell is once again, trigger-rely spell. It does nothing, just a dummy targeting spell.

Level 4
You can however affect unit with Immunity, but of course with a special ability called as "Channel"
A trigger-rely ability, you can find it in Object Editor

Now, to make the spell to be able to target/hit Immune Unit, you can edit the field:
"Data - Options" tick the "Visible" (this is a-must) and the "Universal Spell" and this spell can target immune unit and let the trigger does Action.

Note: This spell is once again, trigger-rely spell. It does nothing, just a dummy targeting spell.

i have did as what you said but nothing happened its cant hit immune.

and what does this mean : This spell is once again, trigger-rely spell. It does nothing, just a dummy targeting spell ???? sorry iam newbie

Last edited:
And as for an ultimate spell, if I remember correctly you have
to base them off of an existing ultimate, so your spell options
are pretty limited if you choose that route.

If you want good spells I think it's worth noting that good spells
should be coded manually. Channel as a base ability is the best
option because it allows you to configure everything about how
it's targetted.

Do you want your spell to hit a magically immune unit? Just make the spell targets invulnerable and vulnerable. The spell will however still not deal damage, you can however use triggers to remove the "spell immunity" ability for a second to allow this, or use the triggers to deal damage whenever a unit with this ability is hit.

Level 4
Do you want your spell to hit a magically immune unit? Just make the spell targets invulnerable and vulnerable. The spell will however still not deal damage, you can however use triggers to remove the "spell immunity" ability for a second to allow this, or use the triggers to deal damage whenever a unit with this ability is hit.

hmm i have ever tried to make the spell to hit invul or vulnerable but it doesnt work.

or use the triggers to deal damage whenever a unit with this ability is hit. <<<< Can you tell or make and post example trigger that make a ability dealt damage when it get hit by using trigger ??? but i want that ability is able to hit immune because it will be useless make the ability dealt damage using trigger if the ability cant hit immune

Level 4
The solution defskull posted should work. Unless I'm missunderstanding something.

For sure a unit with spell immunity ability such as Spell breaker can be targeted with a channel based ability that has the flag Universal spell set to true.

hmm i tried it but it didnt work. So can you tell me the steps ???

actually iam creating an item that has an ability like phoenix fire ( magic type ) that if you get the item the phoenix fire will automatically attack nearby enemy, But it cant hit immune type enemy so.. i want that phoenix fire to hit magic immune type monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.