• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] Lordaeron: the Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Wow ... it sounds amazing, another strategic option in the LTA. I like you Marshmalo :)

But I think you should increase the time for making units. With this (lumber sell) it will be much easier to overwhelm enemies with gigantic amounts of troops from many barracks.

Level 7
Thanks Spinel, hope this game change works in next version :)

Well I don't think the issue will be to do with training times, but yes this could potentialy create too much gold in the game making it too easy to create massive armies. It may need some tweaking of numbers but we will ahve to see.

Level 23
Hi,

I was wondering, instead of having lumber used to trade for gold, could you possibly just increase the lumber required for upgrading troops through the warmill/graveyard/blacksmith? One of the reasons this map is nice is because there is not so much lag, but this will change when armies become bigger too fast with this new idea.

I am glad you are experimenting, but could you just make the lumber requirement for upgrades higher instead? And at the same time raise the limit of upgrades to 10? I think it is 6 at the moment. But really, there will be serious lag with this new idea, especially cause this map is including more and more content as time goes on (which is a good thing).

And while i am here, can i ask for 2 things? First, can horde and trolls have more events? Such as Green killing frozen throne and getting something special, or dark green a reward for actually taking the sunwell, and some other stuff :)

Also, can new felhorde not be allied with twilight, cause then with 2 of them south they can easily stomp south and go north :)

Level 2

PATCH NOTES V1.16

Hi guys, Patch notes for V1.16 are up! All the details can be found here on the official Gamerisle forums:

http://www.gamerisle.org/showthread.php?1183-Patch-Notes-V1-16&p=22119#post22119

tulee, all we can do now is see how the changes have turned out, if the economy change really is game breaking I can edit or remove it but give it a chance please. :)

Reducing the dreadlord elite limit from 6 to 4 is really dumb. You've already nerfed teal so much, don't give in to the whiny complaints of noobs crying about teal's dreadlords. He SHOULD have 6, because 4 is not enough. And who ever uses the pitlords? They're worthless and useless. What you've done with teal is the equivalent of reducing blue's death knights from 4 to 2, or LB's paladins from 4 to 2.

I've tested legion dozens and dozens of times, and fought against skilled legion players who used their dreadlords well. They can be countered EASILY. And Twilight can easily destroy the portal that makes more of them. Come on now, if you're not going to nerf Kalecgos' dragon summon ability, then don't nerf the already-nerfed Legion's dreadlords. This map is turning into another shitty Lordaeron Tactics or Azeroth Wars or Daow

Level 7
:) Looks really good marshmalo. I'm happy to see this came out, also I'm glad to see you fixed some of the dreadlord abuse as it was getting kind of intolerably annoying at certain points.

This is from Panfuricus, another map maker who has made alot of popular strategy maps and owner of Gamerisle site. When you have people like this asking for a dread nerf it's pretty hard to ignore.

Infact EVERYONE who plays LTA seems to hate fighting against the Legions Dreadlords, why should he have 6 elite units when every other faction has 4? And with Mirror Images dealing damage that's potentially 12 Dreadlords.

I've seen replays where Legion can sneak up and surround a hero, killing him in seconds with barely any hope of him escaping.

With permanent invisibility, mirror image and teleport these elites are extremely hard to kill, not to mention carrion swarm can kill certain types of units with one volley.

I haven't seen you play any other race than Legion, so maybe you haven't experienced how frustrating it is to battle a skilled Dreadlord user but I never intended 6 Dreadlords plus heroes to be able to destroy entire armies and evade death like this.

Dreadlords needed a nerf, but your forgetting the extra stuff that has been added to legion, Balnazar and Mephistroth can summon an Eradar Sorcer that can create portals for you to summon demons. This encourages Legion to build a demon army and use other strategies rather than just wondering around the map with their hero squad and assassinating every hero they come across. This better for the game.

LBs Paladins from 4 to 2 is a 50% decrease in power, this is a 33% decrease in power. Dreadlord elites are still the most powerful elite unit in game. Infact, of all the changes to Legion this version, this is the only nerf, everything else has actually IMPROVED Legion.

Level 7
Hey Spinel, as High Elves they have access to elf casters, the High Elf Sorceress is just like a regular one but their Priests are quite powerful and have new abilities.

High Elves also have a heavy Mellee unit: Highborn. Basically players can choose now to play their faction as solely high elf as they have a variety of elf units to make up a proper army including elites, Balistras, elven archers and Dragonhawk Riders.

By the way the new version v1.16 has now been uploaded to epic war and MMH.

http://www.gamerisle.org/showthread.php?766-LORDAERON-The-Aftermath-Link-to-Lastest-Version

Remember if your trying to find it, its shortened to Lordaeron TA now! For reasons explained in the patch notes.

Level 4
Just curious, but how does one restore Old Dalaran? I have Rhonin and Khadgar and neither of them seem able to do so.

Level 7
As usual there are some bugs: the known bugs list can be found here:

http://www.gamerisle.org/showthread.php?1183-Patch-Notes-V1-16

If you have found a bug that isn't already on the list please let me know!

How does one restore Old Dalaran? I have Rhonin and Khadgar and neither of them seem able to do so.

You can't restore "old" Dalaran, but you can "move" it to Northrend like in the lore. At that point Dalaran ruins should just be a crater in the ground but unfortunately the World editor won't let me trigger something that complex. Bring Rhonin to Storm peaks in Northrend to trigger that event.

Hey guys. Any good site with LTA replays ?

There are loads on Youtube! Just search for Lordaeron the aftermath and you'l see all the ones by Azothan and PokemanHarald.

Hacked versions.

Huh? Can you elaborate?

By the way, does anyone have any feed back relating to the economy changes? Have you tried it and what are you thoughts?

Level 2
Economy change is brilliant you are able to everything without any problems, you could only maybe give +50 hp to trees.
I noticed a bug regarding fel elves if you apsorb sunwell at the same time you start summoning burning legion you could do both.

Oh yes if i my ask you what will be Furions part i this game because i saw you put him in?

Level 4
You can't restore "old" Dalaran, but you can "move" it to Northrend like in the lore. At that point Dalaran ruins should just be a crater in the ground but unfortunately the World editor won't let me trigger something that complex. Bring Rhonin to Storm peaks in Northrend to trigger that event.
It says so in the missions. I recall something about that. It stated as a personal quest to do something involving the ruins of lordaeron to preserve their knowledge. (It could be I am completely wrong, but I recall such.)

Level 1
Maybe i asked question in wrong way ;) I mean where i can download that replays. I saw youtube and i don't like it. I'd like to watch it myself via game.

Level 11
I can do the trigger for Dalaran crater, it's easy for me.

EDIT: I was playing Legion and I got the book and lvl 10 Balnazar and suddenly I saw 4 BOOKS with Kel'Thuzad when I was wandering around, and another game I was playing Silverhand, I got the book with Garithos, and I loaded him into a boat and the book didn't leave the inventory. (With book I mean the Book of Medivh)

Last edited:
Level 10
To fix the tree problems, because in one game I played there were no trees left as both sides had towered defensed and built walls (yeah don't ask me why, I was playing legion and I got roflstomped by an LB and purple)

And the scourge and gray literally towered northrend and the alliance towered northern lordaeron and all the coastlines. While I ran around with my dreadlords trying to kill and snipe control points. It was a fun game, until no one had access to lumber, and no one could send ships out because there was no lumber and no reason to attack. It was a very sad moment when no one had the resources to build bases anywhere. except gold. maybe you could implement something like Azeroth did where you can regrow the trees with bag of seeds?

That might fix that problem quite easily.

Level 1
I noticed a bug too. Was playing Dwarves and in Dun Modr (that dwarven bunker next to thandol span in wetlands) you can train fel orc peons, which gives you access to entire fel horde teh tree ;)

Level 7
I played a lot of 1.16 version games and i have to say this: Silverhand dont have a chance against Cult. And without Silverhands resistance Cult always attack Quel'thalas and Blood elves are in most of cases overan. I think this canot continue this way... please make it more balanced in next version Marchmalo.

Level 23
I played a lot of 1.16 version games and i have to say this: Silverhand dont have a chance against Cult. And without Silverhands resistance Cult always attack Quel'thalas and Blood elves are in most of cases overan. I think this canot continue this way... please make it more balanced in next version Marchmalo.

As long as you keep your paladins alive LB has an good chance of winning. Make sure to send all your men from Marenholde to Tyr's hand asap or else you will die with your forces divided.

Level 2
hey i have a suggestion. For purple's worgen path can u make it so that the knights and footment auto spawn as worgen version. its a pain have to constantly manuelly change them into worgen as they spawn.

also why is darius crowley not a worgen unit. when he has lycanthopic reflex aura.

Level 2
I have a suggestion for Dwarves. As you said in later versions there will be added Searing Gorge and Badlands. I propose like every other race has two choices for dwarves in early/late game.
1. choice If Magni dies in eary game you have no option but to go Dark dwarf path ( somethin' like going scaret crusade ). In that choice you will get Dagran Thaurissan and his dark dwarfs and also later you can maybe even summon Ragnaros. And after hes destroyed you can again join the alliance by some trigger i cant think off.
2. choice If Magni survives let say first ten - fifteen minutes you can take him and brann in northrend to go and "find" frostborns with Yorg Stormheart ( presuming that then you will maybe have even fife heroes with Baelgun ), Yorg would be unrevivable. Then later if Magni + Yorg die you can either go Dark dwarf path or you can choose brann as succesor to dwarven throne. If you choose to take Brann as king i also propose an event if he reaches lvl 10 and goes to stormpeaks that he will be able to find his brother Muradin lost, wandering with amnesia in the snow.

Level 11
Hey Marshmalo, a bug "list":

-When I choose the Naga path (playing as BE, of course), after I have founded the Sunreaver Sanctuary, the portal between the Sanctuary and the Command Post disappeared.
-I can't train Naga workers, they simply die after be trained.

EDIT:

-When I was playing as Dwarves, I could train Fel Orcs Peon on Dun Modr, and have access to their entire tech-tree.

Last edited:
Level 1
Bugs:
-Cult can't upgrade ziggurat into Nerubian Tower even after scourge already took Azjol-Nerub.
-Can't Find 3rd Tartek limbs, the description says it's in azjol-nerub but i can't find it
-The Frozen Throne can charm Storm Giant and Val'kyr
Edit 1:
-Silverhand can build 2 types of Steam Tank (and no limit)
-Dalaran can build steam tank via Gilneas workshop (and again.. no limit)
-Silverfang Keep become neutral passive after "New Dalaran" Event.
-Nerf Dreadlords... (seriously, Far Sight+Global Blink = Perfect CP Snipe)
-Naga worker cost Food
-No Limit for Couatl.
-Nerf Red Dragon and Val'kyr Resurrection skill.
Red Dragon: 6, Val'kyr: 3 it should be Red D: 2, Val'kyr: 1, and Change Val'kyr Limits to 5-6.
@Warchief-Thrall Below:
-Storm Giant should have resistant skin or spell immunity, just like other AW maps and Storm Giant has 2,5k hp, ok it's not OP but whatever.
-Val'kyrs is Neutral Passive, they should be invulnerable until Sylvanas make pact with the Val'kyr

Last edited:
Level 4
Also I feel that the knights of the Scarlet Crusade are absolutely broken. A resurrection on a (as far as I've checked) limitless knight? Can you smell that? it's double the units. It's massively strong for a unit. Remove that please.

Level 4
I hate to double post, but I discovered this one thing that just has to be mentioned...

2. choice Yorg would be unrevivable. Then later if Magni + Yorg die you can either go Dark dwarf path or you can choose brann as succesor to dwarven throne. If you choose to take Brann as king i also propose an event if he reaches lvl 10 and goes to stormpeaks that he will be able to find his brother Muradin lost, wandering with amnesia in the snow.
I don't mean to be a bother to you... But Yorg and Muradin? They're kinda the same guy... I mean... Seriously. If you know about Yorg, how could you not know who he is... :ogre_icwydt:

Level 7
Hi Guys, thanks again for all the feedback, there's a reason why I haven't been around for a few weeks... I've been working on an entirely new map. More details will be announced later but it's a strategy map but with some new and unique features and with very high quality terrain. Much better looking than LTA.

However this does mean that development on LTA is currently on hold while I focus on this new project.

Anyway let me answer a few issues raised with regards to LTA:

Also I feel that the knights of the Scarlet Crusade are absolutely broken. A resurrection on a (as far as I've checked) limitless knight? .

On paper it sounds over powered but Scarlet Knights cost more than regular knights. When they go Scarlet Crusade that player is basically on their own, Scarlet needs to be strong. Its not broken.

I played a lot of 1.16 version games and i have to say this: Silverhand dont have a chance against Cult.

Next version Tyrs hand gets some better defenses and is expanded/reworked slightly, making it harder for grey to base target the main building.

hey i have a suggestion. For purple's worgen path can u make it so that the knights and footment auto spawn as worgen version. its a pain have to constantly manuelly change them into worgen as they spawn.

I can make it so that these units automaticaly activate worgen form when attacked next version.
Darius dosnt have a worgen form simply because I dont have a model for him to use as worgen as all the other worgen models are in use so dont want to make him look exactly the same etc.

Hey Marshmalo, a bug "list":

-When I choose the Naga path (playing as BE, of course), after I have founded the Sunreaver Sanctuary, the portal between the Sanctuary and the Command Post disappeared.
-I can't train...

Yes you loose sunreaver sancuuary and acess to it if you go Naga path, the portal is supposed to disapear.

The naga workers is another stupid bug, it seems like the preists death bug has now passed onto this unit instead... very odd. Fel Orc tech problems is known bug but thanks.

Bugs:
-Cult can't upgrade ziggurat into Nerubian Tower even after scourge already took Azjol-Nerub.
-Can't Find...

Thanks for the bug report it is very useful but some of those are not bugs. Silverfang keep is lost when dal goes new dalaran path as its compatable with lore and stops them also going down the worgen path at same time.

I don;t agree with alot of your calls for things to be nerfed, dreadlords have already been nerfed so hard every patch. Remember this isnt supposed to be exactly like azz wars.

Im not sure why you cant find the third limb as it is definitly there, that bug was fixed in v1.16.

Argent crusade can make infinite covenant archers(elite).... This map is unplayable....

There are bugs yes but calling it unplayable is alittle OTT.

I have a suggestion for Dwarf events...

They are nice ideas and I like them but there is so much else that needs to be fixed/added to the game before I can even think about adding detailed events like this. With every new event comes more bugs and issues, and development needs to focus on adding certain crucial events like Dwarves dark iron path and LBs restore lordaeron event as well as some events for Horde as they have so few.

There are also all the events that need doing for the 12th player aswel. So as you can see, the event schedule is pretty backlogged right now...

Level 10
Well often people target the limbs of the abomination so gray cannot spawn it. In order to prevent people from destroying it you could make all rare item drops invulnerable/unkillable to disencourage foul play.

I have done this often, when I am a retreating back to stromguarde, I go into dalaran and aim down the limb.

Level 2
why not use this worgen model for darius?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...knight-189412/?prev=search=worgen&d=list&r=20

and is there really a reason why the footmen and knights should spawn as a human anyway? if their better version is a worgen form.

and perhaps this model can be used for darius's daughter, if u make her obtainable as a hero.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...bandit-188857/?prev=search=worgen&d=list&r=20

and also as endgame event that i had suggested earlier with arugal obtaining the scythe of elune to resurrect Goldrin "Father of The Worgen Cusrse" u can use this model.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/armoredwolf-169168/?prev=search=wolf&r=20&d=list

Level 7
Hi Marshmalo its nice to see you again... anyway what is that your new project? Its somethink like LTA or completely diferent?

It is similar to LTA in that its a strategy map where you build armies but the gameplay is very different, it has some unique techtrees and styles that make it different from other maps (I hope).

It has improved graphics, the best graphics you have ever seen in a multiplayer, Bnet WC3 map and features custom sound/music.

Its not Skyrim, that project was at most only 20% complete, this is around 70% complete so I should have it finished within a month hopefully. (Permitting I have the free time.) However this map does use the same graphics as displayed in my Skyrim thread.

I will release a development thread later.

why not use this worgen model for darius?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...knight-189412/?prev=search=worgen&d=list&r=20

and is there really a reason why the footmen and knights should spawn as a human anyway? if their better version is a worgen form.

Acadian those are great models but the problem is the stupid Bnet map size limit blizzard have in place. I only have a limited amount of space left and I need that for costum imports relating to outland and the 12th faction I can't use any more imports on Worgen path though I do intent to have The wolf god being summoned as an end event for Worgens. He will just have to use one of models I already have in place.

Level 5

It is similar to LTA in that its a strategy map where you build armies but the gameplay is very different, it has some unique techtrees and styles that make it different from other maps (I hope).

It has improved graphics, the best graphics you have ever seen in a multiplayer, Bnet WC3 map and features custom sound/music.

Its not Skyrim, that project was at most only 20% complete, this is around 70% complete so I should have it finished within a month hopefully. (Permitting I have the free time.) However this map does use the same graphics as displayed in my Skyrim thread.

I will release a development thread later.

Acadian those are great models but the problem is the stupid Bnet map size limit blizzard have in place. I only have a limited amount of space left and I need that for costum imports relating to outland and the 12th faction I can't use any more imports on Worgen path though I do intent to have The wolf god being summoned as an end event for Worgens. He will just have to use one of models I already have in place.

You can break the limit by putting a new game.dll file in your war3 folder. That way everyone can host maps greater than 8mb

Level 2
"You can break the limit by putting a new game.dll file in your war3 folder. That way everyone can host maps greater than 8mb"

holy snap? is this a new discovery, does this have any repercussions?
cause if not then i gotta inform other map makers about this miracle.

Level 7
You can break the limit by putting a new game.dll file in your war3 folder. That way everyone can host maps greater than 8mb

Yes please tell us more, I have some questions:

Does this mean that everyone who wants to play the map on bnet will need to make this change to their DLL file?

Won't Bnet detect this and cause players to go out of sync?

You say "everyone can host maps greater than 8mb" but no one actually hosts maps on bnet anymore its all done through bots?

Level 4
I have a suggestion mainly because I like to experiment with this game in single-player to find bugs. When Scarlet becomes Argent, could be automatically ally all members of the Alliance (Except Red depending on what's going on with him)? edit: Also if he's left, maybe share control and vice/versa? I figure it's good for playing in single-player or where all your allies left. :/

Last edited:
Level 11
Damn no, this is (was supposed to be) about Lordaeron's continent, but now there's Khaz Modan(?), Northrend and future versions will have Outland. Not even Kalimdor will appear on LTA.
I didn't mean LTA with my question, I meant the new map that Marshmalo is doing.

Level 2
Yes please tell us more, I have some questions:

Does this mean that everyone who wants to play the map on bnet will need to make this change to their DLL file?

Won't Bnet detect this and cause players to go out of sync?

You say "everyone can host maps greater than 8mb" but no one actually hosts maps on bnet anymore its all done through bots?

Well yes. There is a way to remove 8mb map size limit, but there is a catch. Everyone, who wants to play a map with more than 8 mb, must have this game.dll.

Here is the link, if you haven't found this yet:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/8-mb-map-size-limit-remover-250058/

Status
Not open for further replies.