• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Local problem with standard icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm having a persisting problem with some standard (not custom) icons in Warcraft 3 or maybe even general texture issues. Please take a look at the attached screenshot to understand what I mean. As you can see, standard icons like idle workers, armor or standard unit icons (the ones on the right should be Forest Troll and Troll Headhunter) aren't displayed properly in around 80% of my matches (there are rare cases of everything working as intended). Also the faulty icons switch up every time I start the game (though they seem to alternate between 3-4 iterations for every standard icon). In the beginning I thought it would be because I messed something up in the custom map I'm building, but there are also texture issues in other places like in the ingame Battle.net user interface.
Maybe this problem happened to someone of you as well or somebody might have a solution for this? Repairing WC3 didn't help, I will now try to reinstall it.

Edit: Reinstalling didn't help, though the issue only appears with the 64 version of Warcraft 3, not with the normal one. So I will just use the normal version for now, however it would be interesting to know the root for this problem.

Attachments

• WC3 Bugs.png
    WC3 Bugs.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I assume you play with the highest video options?
You on the latest patch by the way, 1.31.1?

Did you try these?
Command Line Changes
  • The ‘/’ command line argument flag is no longer supported (use ‘-’ instead)
  • Removed: -nativefullscr (Replacement: -windowmode fullscreen)
  • Removed: -fullscreen (Replacement: -windowmode windowedfullscreen)
  • Removed: -window (Replacement: -windowmode windowed)
  • Removed: -swtnl (Replacement: nothing, Warcraft uses hardware texture and lighting)
  • Removed: -d3d (Replacement: -graphicsapi Direct3D9 [May be removed in the future])
  • Remvoed: -opengl (Replacement: -graphicsapi OpenGL [May be removed in the future])

Registry Changes
  • Removed: “Gfx Fullscreen” (Replacement: the window mode is now stored in the preferences)
  • Removed: “Gfx OpenGL” (Replacement: -graphicsapi OpenGL on the command line)
  • Removed: “Gfx SwTNL” (Replacement: nothing, Warcraft uses hardware texture and lighting)

Level 2
I assume you play with the highest video options?
You on the latest patch by the way, 1.31.1?

Did you try these?

Yes, all options at highest, 1920x1080x144hz resolution and latest patch.

I didn't use any special commands, do I need to? Or might there be something turned on per default I need to deactivate? As I've just reinstalled, I don't think there's any other artifact remaining from years ago or something.
Thanks!

Level 2
Try those one by one on a Warcraft III x64 shortcut version. If it doesn't work. It might be related to the x64 part on your system.
Will do, thanks! By the way, is there any downside with playing with the "normal" (I guess it's 32-bit?) version of the game, even though my system is x64?

Status
Not open for further replies.