• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I like the chestplates, but I think the shoulders on the 3rd should be sticking to the body.
Also, the gold looks a little green... You should change it to the color of the Gold Round Shield.

Level 21
It IS golden!
Remember, they are .JPG !!
Of course they have such a low quallity!
Mhm...
I could give you the PDN if you want. >.>

And, honestly, if the shoulder pads were actualy attached to the armor, how could they move? They couldn't. They are (actualy, were) attached to the shoulder with leather belts (in the middle ages).

Level 9
And, honestly, if the shoulder pads were actualy attached to the armor, how could they move? They couldn't. They are (actualy, were) attached to the shoulder with leather belts (in the middle ages).

In that case...
Leather Belt is Equal to Missing
Or something like that.

Level 17
My first thought: Shading needs to be improved, with highlights and a more irregular shading.

Second is the shape, especially around the arms. Look at this picture for both these points.

Lastly, tose lines that define some of the shpae, like the belt, needs to be darker and more visible.

But it's a good start :D

Last edited:
Level 15
actually i find these icons rather nice, 'cos they are of some different style, than the majority on hive. more cartoonish, w/o borders, etc. If only they were more, they would be really useful, though. They don't fit with WC3 icons at all and they are too few to replace WC3 icons completely

Level 3
I like, I like. The new anime style icons are pretty neat, nothing that I would use (too lazy to make new icons for everything to fit the style) but still cool.

As a note, if you want to "fix" the old runes, it's actually not hard, so long as you have Adobe photoshop or paintshop pro or something, you can transform the layer so that the rune image itself is at an angle, then add an layer effect (I forget what it's called, but it's the opposite of emboss) so it looks like it's actually imprinted.

Good Work and Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.