• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lite Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Make a lite edition. Just like ROTG has.

The download takes pretty long, and not much ppl had this game when i hosted it so. Also this was actually i first had the chance to play the game online because it isn't hosted that much apparently (Hooray to my brothers he made it so i can host again =D)

So. Would a lite version without custom, models, skins and other imports be a good idea? (Only like the bat from the DK's bat ability should stay, or else the spell will be fucked up)

Level 18
A little over a year ago I talked about creating a Lite edition, but it seems rather implausible now. The DL takes no more than a minute for people with decent connections. Furthermore, 70% of the icons in the game are custom imported. I can't think of substitution icons for many of the custom items that have corresponding custom icons. The skins and models (spare the Vampire Bat like you said) could be taken out with easy substitutions though, but wouldn't reduce the map's size by much.

As much as I wish that it would be a quicker DL, most people when I host will wait the normally about 45 second DL time to play. I don't see any major reasons to redo much of the games content in order to make it a lighter kb weight. Thank you for the suggestion, and I'm always open to more.

Level 27
Uhm. You even have custom icons for mana potions. So i think you could spare up alot of icons but ok.

And well, i didn't ask because im annoyed by it myself but people who enter are annoyed by everyone downloading everytime.

So like 8 x 1 min = 8 min. And they don't have patience!! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.