• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The GameMaker

Do you suggest the GameMaker to others?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Have you ever stared at an awesome flash game and thought, "Wow! I wish I could make that!" Well, I did, too. But there was no way I could make the games I thought of, even with the amazing custimizability of W3. But, about a month ago, I found a blessing in YoYo Games, and thier program: the GameMaker.

As the name suggests, this program allows you to create your own games. Platforming, adventure, RPG, scrolling shooter... you name it, the GameMaker allows you to create it. It features easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interface to create events and actions much like W3's Graphic User Interface, as well as code for those that are into more programming-like creation. Easy to use once you get the hang of it, with an endless supply of resources for use in your games, you can create your own games FOR FREE! While the Pro Edition needs to be bought and adds a few more features (such as the ability to make 3D games), the normal (Lite) edition can be used to create your own epic adventure. Finally, the website has numerous games made with thier tool available for play and download at thier website, http://www.yoyogames.com/. What are you waiting for? Go start making games NOW!
Look out for me, Crazy Cow, on the site. I have only recently joined, but plan to become active and make my own games for the site.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

if you wana do somthing with game making i would prever using 3d studio max ok i agree it takes alot of time to learn this but the results are killing.

There's a difference in contributing to making a game by making part of it, and actually making the whole game. You don't make games in a modelling-tool, you make models that can be used in the making of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.