• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life of a Video Game Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Life of a Video Game Character By Zerox

done.JPG

======================
Concept:
======================

Okay so I guess you guys want to know more about what my map is all about right? I'm assuming thats why your here. :xxd: Well... Where to start hmm... I know I'll just start typing and see what comes out. I'm making a map where players choose 1 character from a video game to be out of the available characters and then begin their life as that character in the city of Charatopia. From that point on characters(players) may go and get a job out of many choices. Should a character(player) decide they want to get married then they may begin courting a opposite gender character. This is done by giving her roses and other gifts, actually convincing the character(player) to marry you and proposing to them. Once enganged the characters may get married in the chapel. Getting married has its bonuses though. Despite just being fun to try to get married you also get things such as various items, children you can raise and then later if you so choose they can accompany you on your adventuring and fighting evil, along with other assets to help you do better in the game. After you earn enough money whether its from working at a job or rewards from defeating evil villians you can buy yourself one of several houses along with cars. The map has many dungeons/planets/areas you may go explore and find new things and enemies. But you can just live your life in the city with peace if you want.

======================
Loading Screen Description:
======================

Explore the city of Charatopia as a video game character. You choose the life you want to live. You can get a job and work for money. You could get married or stay single. You could live your life fighting and defeating villians. Or even buy a house. Its all up to you. Do what ever you want its your life!

======================
Change Log:
======================

Alright Here is the Change Log for you so you can see updates:

======================
V0.0.3
======================
- Shadow Added
- Samus Aran Added
- Change Log Added
- Map Preview Image Added
- Loading Screen Added

======================
V0.0.3
======================

Terrain: 80%
Playable Characters: 15%
Models: 100% Unless someone suggest a new character and has a model for it.

----------------------------------------------------------

So? What do you guys think? Does it sound any fun at all? Any ideas for how I can improve it? Please comment and tell me what you think. :cute:

Also I do need ideas for abilities to give heroes and such so if you have any it'd be much appriciated. :grin: Also how can I attach an image in my post and put it up top?

Edit:

Okay here is the current official character list.

Okay here is the official list of current characters:

========================
Male Characters:
========================

1. Zero (From MegaMan)
2. Mario
3. Shadow the Hedgehog
4. Ryu
5. Kirby
*. Bomberman
*. Ken
*. Vivi
*. Link
*. Master Chief

========================
Female Characters:
========================

1. Samus Aran
2. Princess Peach
3. Chun-Li
4. Amy Rose (finished the model so she'll be here.)
5. Morrigan

ChunLi.JPG

This is Chun-Li made by me from the game Street Fighter.

Ryu.PNG

This is Ryu from Street Fighter made by me but its only a somewhat simple edit of the Ken model.
Ken.JPG

This is Ken also from Street Fighter. Him and Ryu are best friends. I actually found the model on a Korean site. I made Ryu from him. Just because it was a simple edit to do. There are differences and no its no I'm not releasing either on the hive.

Okay now *'s mean that they will be implemented soon into the map. The ones with #'s by them are already playable characters.

Last edited:
Level 20
Okay just to let you guys know this WILL NOT be a LoaP rip. There will be no police, no mafia, no drug lords. The main stuff the city part will have happen in it are being able to get a house that you can live in with stuff inside to benefit you. Get a job to earn money. And getting married. Other than that there will be a few shops there but not much else. The majority of the map will have dungeons/other worlds you can go to and fight characters from other games there to get money so if you just do this a lot you don't even have to worry about getting a job. There will be boss monsters etc.

Note: Its been 2 days without a reply. If I recall correctly at this point I'm allowed to bump post my thread. If I'm wrong on that please let me know so I don't do it again in the future.

Please comment for me I want to know if you guys like how it sounds so far. What I've said is already done. Just doing some more work on it though.

Level 20
Lara Croft? (from tomb raider if u didnt already know^^)

Yeah but that would mean I would have to make a model/skin for her unless you know of one already? If you do could you point me in the right direction?

Pokemon ?
Digimon ?
Zoids ?
Gundam Wing ?
Dragonball Z ?
Mario ?
Gears Of War ?
etc

Yeah but I'm trying to stick to characters who are more strictly video game characters only. Mario works. But the others are hmmm.... But thank you for posting.

Edit: Character List added.

Last edited:
Level 6
Yeah but that would mean I would have to make a model/skin for her unless you know of one already? If you do could you point me in the right direction?

Sry no, I guess you would have to make it yourself.
Anyway I think you should only add the gaming icon characters, not the new ones. Maybe some comics? Superman?

Level 6
I don't think there should be more than 1 character from each game. However if you really want both those from Street Fighter, maybe you should have one of them in a spell. For an instance, if Ryu makes his lvl 10 spell, Ken/Chun-Li comes to aid him.
PS: I still misses Sonic, screw Shadow!!

Level 20
I don't think there should be more than 1 character from each game. However if you really want both those from Street Fighter, maybe you should have one of them in a spell. For an instance, if Ryu makes his lvl 10 spell, Ken/Chun-Li comes to aid him.
PS: I still misses Sonic, screw Shadow!!

Hmm that may be a good idea. My biggest thing was with having Chun-Li along with Ryu was to make it so I had another female character. XD Video Games are so dominated by boy characters. XD Ken is someone who I may or may not implement. Haven't really decided. Okay Sonic huh? I guess I could maybe add him. Thanks for giving me lots of thoughts on this. Oh and I found out who made Ken. Ken was made by J0J0.

Level 2
Ok you might of already had this thought
but I thought you should make a spell
for zelda that turns her into shiek or is it sheik? eh whatever...
Sounds cool!

Level 4
What about... (I know most of you don't know the game)
Bards Tale? Theres a story about a bard, wich has to save a princess. But then later, everyone sees that the princess at the end is actually a freaking scary demon. Could be fun to add :p The model doesn't care, princess model isn't hard to find, isn't it? And then the ultimate will be transformation to that scary demon :p

Level 7
Midna from Zelda o_O. (Older form would be nice but Young form resemble people who like lolicon or people who like small and/or flat breasts your choice :hohum:)

Midna model is made = "LoZ, Midna, Zero-suit samus and ****-perverted fans raving all about it lol. Can use interesting anims possibly and its really something a mapmaker would really want." (Most especially LoZ fans and mapmakers :cute:)

Level 20
Midna from Zelda o_O. (Older form would be nice but Young form resemble people who like lolicon or people who like small and/or flat breasts your choice :hohum:)

Midna model is made = "LoZ, Midna, Zero-suit samus and ****-perverted fans raving all about it lol. Can use interesting anims possibly and its really something a mapmaker would really want." (Most especially LoZ fans and mapmakers :cute:)

Yea but that means making another Custom model. XD I may eventually do it just not yet sorry Ember Naga. XD

Level 7
Hahahaha ...
Haha ...
NOOOOOooooo ...
:xxd:

At the least I could say I tried ... :grin:. Anyways great ideas and stuff, really like that Ryu model :eekani:.

So this game is like a character goes through like a short mission in their video game world and then when its finished you go to the next?

Cause thats what it sounds like to me when I've been told its not an Loap rip and it really sounds like one really. (I hate LoaP btw :bored: I did like it b 4 but excessive, random, unreasonable versions were released and hosted and I hated it.)

Level 20
Hmm is this something people are actually interested in or should I drop the project? I've only about 50% done with it. I still need to make the jobs I've only got 20% of the character's worlds set up. But the terrain is all done. And the playable hero units are about 90% done. And about 20% of triggers done. Is it worth continuing?

Status
Not open for further replies.