• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Legion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic literally makes me cringe in the battlefield as they wipe out regiments in a few matter of seconds.
And apparently strategy and order of battle in the WoW universe of lore is simplicity at it's worst.
First of all, WHAT?
Afaik magic is the central focus of the Warcraft franchise. It kinda makes sense since there are great magic wielders around to deal with grave dangers like Scourge and/or Burning Legion problems.

Lore may not be the best but it's still there.

Just imagine if there was no Medivh or Illidan. That would've been an entirely new game.
Certainly NOT Warcraft. I mean, it's MAGIC :D

I won't try to understand the rest of your post since it's utter non-sense that has no facts and veritable proof.
Get your lore checked up mister :p

Level 2
I doubt that island will become its own expansion but then again I doubted that Broken Isles would get its own expansion too. However while the Broken Isles are out on the open ocean Kul'Tiras is locked inside the Eastern Kingdoms so Blizzards ability to expand that island is somewhat limited. It might be a minor part of another expansion though.

Tandred is a character from the RPG that alone makes the odds of him appearing in WoW doubtful at best. Furthermore he has been confirmed to not be a canon character.

That's WoW not every zone makes it trolls have requested to see Zandalar forever and everyone and their mother wants to see the Emerald Dream expansion.

Who?

The entire reason why we have to form class-houses is because Varian and Vol'Jin are too busy with their pissing contest. That's Horde vs Alliance for you. I agree that WoD didn't focus on it but that expansion existed simply to sell tickets to the WoW film.

Why do you play WoW or participate in any WoW related argument again? None I've talked to see the game as perfect but you seem to hate everything about it you seem pre-determined on hating any idea Blizzard comes up with.

Yep because that will happen in this lifetime. :D

Valkyrs and Sylvanas Windrunner. I would also imagine that no race finds it easy to strike down their fallen brothers so there's the obvious morale bonus on their side. In addition we have no official number on any race so we don't know how many forsaken there is per every human, dwarf and gnome.

I don't know if that's the highest priority on everyone's agenda. Seems like bringing back Alleria, exploring the nature of the Old Gods and finally putting an end to all these trolls attacking everywhere takes priority. Besides what do you propose to ther Horde you only seem to speak what'd be great for the Alliance? I too think that Kul'Tiras should be brought back but it's not on my top ten.

You seem to vastly underestimate the Forsaken, Sylvanas is no push-over remember she got Garrosh to run with his tail between his legs. :D

You need stop seeing the humans as some unbeatable force, maybe you don't like it but Blizzard likes to play fair and hasn't made Sylvanas into a drooling, incompetent buffoon.

Nope the Horde has left Ashenvale that region is now Night Elf controlled.

We've spent such a long time fighting one another like seven year old girls fighting over the last Justin Bieber CD. I for one would say fuck the conflict the Old Gods pose a bigger threat than anything Azeroth has ever faced lets deal with N'Zoth and Azshara once and for all.

You talked about future expansions and what you'd like to see in the future so I'd say you were somewhat on topic.

Where the f-ck do you get these numbers from?

Where do you get this lore from?

If you don't like magic why do you play a fantasy game I'm sorry but you have to blame yourself if you didn't expect magic in WarCraft.

Imaginary points taken.

Level 9
Razosh i get these numbers from WoWWiki:
Alliance: 800000 approx (church of the light)
Horde: 292210 approx
Old Gods Forces: Number in millions (claimed)
Burning Legion: Estimated to number in the millions
And not even surprised that these are actual numbers. Horde so low pop, because of SoO and MoP events overall. Alliance so high cause they are just growing and growing. They basically got Dark Iron dwarves on their side. Old Gods Forces, because they have shit ton of races on their side, they lost alot of their minions in Cataclysm, but the fifth Old God army and Nagas are at their full strength and remember Queen Azshara? When she was a Night Elf she was almsot as powerful as Archimonde so now that she is powered by the Old Gods she is insanely powerful. She could probably easily kick Archimondes ass now and also god knows whats behind Azeroth maybe some insanely huge Old God army and i guess thats how it is since alot of boats and ships have gone lost behind Azeroth so yeah im guessing the Fifth Old God is behind all that. And Burning Legion well they are just infinite basically.

Level 24
Imaginary?

It's probably easier not to engage the trolls.

On another topic lord Xavius as you might know is back and regardless of my opinion of that this is what it says. "Now, Xavius leads the conquest of Val'sharah, where the tainted World Tree Shaladrassil spreads the Emerald Nightmare's corruption. With an army of vile satyrs at his command, Xavius will stop at nothing to vanquish all who oppose the Burning Legion." First things first Xavius has a corruption similar to that seen in Mists of Pandaria done by Y'shaarj as seen here. His model is also an obvious reskin of the General Vezax model.

CLw2weAWcAAI36k.png

Second of all the world tree is called SHAladrassil, we have have the obvious rassil which comes from the world tree Yggdrasil in Norse mythology. Then we have the Sha which seems to indicate that Y'shaarj might have a role to play in this expansion. I for one would love it to make a return, most people would probably say, "you're a fool it is dead!" But let me remind you of an official Blizzard post stating. "“They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.”"

Razosh i get these numbers from WoWWiki:
Alliance: 800000 approx (church of the light)
Horde: 292210 approx
Old Gods Forces: Number in millions (claimed)
Burning Legion: Estimated to number in the millions
And not even surprised that these are actual numbers. Horde so low pop, because of SoO and MoP events overall. Alliance so high cause they are just growing and growing. They basically got Dark Iron dwarves on their side. Old Gods Forces, because they have shit ton of races on their side, they lost alot of their minions in Cataclysm, but the fifth Old God army and Nagas are at their full strength and remember Queen Azshara? When she was a Night Elf she was almsot as powerful as Archimonde so now that she is powered by the Old Gods she is insanely powerful. She could probably easily kick Archimondes ass now and also god knows whats behind Azeroth maybe some insanely huge Old God army and i guess thats how it is since alot of boats and ships have gone lost behind Azeroth so yeah im guessing the Fifth Old God is behind all that. And Burning Legion well they are just infinite basically.

And they're not from the RPG?

Level 24
I dont think they are. Otherwise it would say that.

I am more that a little certain that it is, I myself has never found any source that references to the quantity of individuals in each race. Could you please post the source for this?

Level 2
It's probably easier not to engage the trolls.

I think that the principle of think before you (post) is half-baked in my mind.
What I would mean properly would be
'Point taken'
Reference to all your lore goodness.
Expression in the internet.
Its like a sound but no mouth to smile or frown.
I should really start putting words straight and clear.

T_T

Sorry for misunderstanding.
Also that post that I talked about Napoleon, order of battle, etc may of been typed too quickly.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last time I saw Xavius, he wasn't a hunkering Satyr. Is this the real disfigurement of him?

Level 24
BlizzCon in two days, anyone have any thoughts on what we might hear of the Legion expansion?

I must say that I am a bit concerned about BlizzCon this year since they've already announced Legion and Overwatch has already started its beta phase so I'm concerned what major news they could bring to the table. This might be one more time where we have to listen to Chris Metzen talk for the entire intro about what a geek is. As far as major announcements goes the only huge thing I think they could really bring to the table is the next expansion for Diablo III. We've also obviously seen the advertisement for the WarCraft film trailer that's going to be shown at BlizzCon which I think a lot of people will be excited about.

As for WoW we'll probably get a detailed list of all the bosses in all the new raids like we got for Blackrock Foundry in 2014. The thing I think Blizzard will be most proud to show of is their collection of artifact weapons and show of all their stories. We already know we'll get to wield the bow that Sylvanas used as ranger general, the Doomhammer, the Ashbringer and the shards of Frostmourne. As for the characters I'm hoping for more details on Sylvanas and her story that has been promised to us. Also since we're going to see the blue dragonflight I'm hoping for some Haleh action (haven't seen her in a while...) And since we got to see her in Heroes of the Storm I'm hoping Brightwing will make an appearance in WoW, it would be fun to finally know something about the Faire Dragons and since the Emerald Dream is going to be featured there's a possibility.

I'm looking forward to more information on artifacts and perhaps the opening quest chains! (i.e. context of the weapons--but hopefully there won't be too many spoilers for the actual quest itself).

And Blizzard tends to discuss their philosophies going into each game. I'm quite interested in what they're focusing on in Legion considering how WoD turned out (there are great things to keep--but I'm curious what they decided was problematic and what was good for the game).

Level 24
Yep their ethics panels are really common. I just hope that they give Sylvanas a good redemption story. I also want to say that not all they promise is going to come true, that has never been the case before.

Level 24
This is what is said about Sylvanas on the Legion website:

Blizzard Entertainment said:
"The Forsaken's ruthless leader is a formidable champion of her people. But with the Burning Legion's invasion, the stakes for the Dark Lady have never been higher. Should Sylvanas perish, her demise will be the beginning of her eternal damnation. All that stand between her and this doom are her Val'kyr, yet few of these spirit guardians remain. As her fate edges closer to the abyss, Sylvanas must decide how far she'll go to protect her people… and whether they're more precious to her than her soul. "

It sounds like she might get a redemption story, plus Alleria is in it and I believe that Alleria will be the turning point for Sylvanas. But lets be real though, Blizzard is never going to kill Sylvanas since there simply is no one that can replace her.

ALLERIA WILL REPLACE HER!

jk

That is true--replacing her would ruin the Forsaken. I love that Sylvanas is at least getting attention again, and I cannot wait for the Vry'kul/Val'kyr stuff! I don't have any leads at the moment as to how they're all connected (any ideas?) since I'm horribly under-informed (I didn't even see the Naga the first time I looked at the Legion page!), but I suppose that'll make the stream all the more enjoyable.

Any thoughts on the class quests? Some people have rumored that weapons like Ashbringer or Doomhammer would only under crazy circumstances--and Blizzard has said that the invasion was supposed to be insane. So now I've seen rumors of Tirion dying or even Thrall dying. It'd definitely turn some heads if either of them died.

Level 21
Blizzard has said that the invasion was supposed to be insane. So now I've seen rumors of Tirion dying or even Thrall dying. It'd definitely turn some heads if either of them died.
I wonder what exactly they are going to change about the invasion to make it feel different and insane.I mean come on,we have dealt with the legion so much I'm actually bored of them.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I've seen rumors of Tirion dying or even Thrall dying. It'd definitely turn some heads if either of them died.

I wouldn't give a flying fuck.
I am GLAD if Thrall dies. Fucking green jesus.
He used to be OK before, but even then I disliked him due being a peace lover.

I would care a bit about Tirion due his part in the WotLK story, but just a little.

Level 24
I've seen rumors of Tirion dying or even Thrall dying. It'd definitely turn some heads if either of them died.

I agree that we've seen too much of Thrall lately I wish he could just go away, I really liked him up until Cataclysm but now he's all ruined for me.

and I cannot wait for the Vry'kul/Val'kyr stuff! I don't have any leads at the moment as to how they're all connected (any ideas?)

Well the Val'kyr were created from female Vrykul by the Lich King using his unholy powers. The only thing is Val'kyrs predates the Lich King as holy warriors rather than unholy. There are several ways I see these could have been created, either the Vrykul had an understanding of the light that no other race has mastered and through his paladin training Arthas was able to mimic the spell that created the Val'kyrs. Another possibility is that since we're now hearing about a rift that was created 12 000 years ago that almost tore Azeroth apart and was healed by the temple of Elune it is possible that these original Val'kyrs were infact a product of Elune.

Any thoughts on the class quests? Some people have rumored that weapons like Ashbringer or Doomhammer would only under crazy circumstances--and Blizzard has said that the invasion was supposed to be insane. So now I've seen rumors of Tirion dying or even Thrall dying. It'd definitely turn some heads if either of them died.

I think that really we're going to wield them pretty casually, I wouldn't mind but one fun thing that Blizzard could experiment with is to not allow any two people with the same artifact weapon to enter the same raid. (Probably not going to happen though.)

The hype is real, so it seems that the invasion will be led by Varian and Sylvanas.

Last edited:
Level 29
I wonder what exactly they are going to change about the invasion to make it feel different and insane.I mean come on,we have dealt with the legion so much I'm actually bored of them.

I will be severely disappoint if Legion gets no new creatures/units at all in this expansion.
And by new i dont mean resized, slightly modified and tinted in a color, or even "fel-..." version of the already existing.
There should be some heavyweight of their forces that didnt show up before, some gigantic creepy scary creatures.

Level 24
It's official said by Blizzard at the Q&A, Alleria and Turalyion will not side with either Horde or Alliance. It was also said that they would change our view on WarCraft.

Level 21
It's official said by Blizzard at the Q&A, Alleria and Turalyion will not side with either Horde or Alliance. It was also said that they would change our view on WarCraft.
Well,now I'm intrigued.I wonder what exactly they mean by "change our view"

Level 9
They got gargyole demons, those weird alienic demons! and.. what are those things again? Madurke or something'!! While we only get Demon Hunters!And it might end with Varian dying or disappearing..

Level 24
If you need to watch any panel I'd suggest you watch the Q&A since it's full of new information so here you have it.

Level 25
They got gargyole demons, those weird alienic demons! and.. what are those things again? Madurke or something'!! While we only get Demon Hunters!And it might end with Varian dying or disappearing..

You're kidding. Of course we haven't seen everything yet. Well, we get some Nightborne, Illidari, Highmountian Tauren, and we are getting ARTIFACTS so yeah we don't really need much allies.

Level 5
I couldn't get myself to read through all sixteen pages so I don't know if this as been asked already. Who do you think the end boss will be? In my opinion it will either be Sargeras (or his Avatar at least because I think he would be something we would fight on Argus), some unknown Legion Commander. Or some very twisted plot twist by Blizzard.

Level 24
I couldn't get myself to read through all sixteen pages so I don't know if this as been asked already. Who do you think the end boss will be?

Aye, that has been asked though I'm hardly the one who turns away from this type of discussion. ;)

In my opinion it will either be Sargeras (or his Avatar at least because I think he would be something we would fight on Argus), some unknown Legion Commander. Or some very twisted plot twist by Blizzard.

Considering that we just killed Archimonde and Mannoroth I highly doubt it's any of those. Gul'dan and Xavius has been promised to be killed at the end of the expansion. Of the high ranked Legion commanders that only leaves us with Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras. I don't think we should dismiss Kil'Jaeden that quickly though as Metzen said at one of the Q&A a few years back (I can't remember which.) He said that next time Kil'Jaeden appeared it would be personal. I however hope we're going to defeat Sargeras once and for all. Otherwise this expansion would really only be building up to Burning Crusade III since this is the second. I really do hope this expansion will symbol the end of that threat just as I hope Warlords of Draenor is the last time we ever have to deal with Dreanor/Outland.

I don't know if I fancy having the avatar of Sargeras as the end boss though since that would essentially send the message that the 25 of us even with all legendary weapons combined are still only as strong as Aegwynn, aren't we useless. But to be fair Azshara was more powerful than Mannoroth who it took 25 of us to slay, we aren't really the peak of mortal achievement. -.-

Level 24
Are the Heros (Players) mentioned in the lore anywhere when kill big leaders or bosses?

The term "heroes" was used in Dawn of the Aspects when reffering to the battle against Deathwing. (Best book ever since Malygos was the main character that the story revolved around. ^^)

Level 5
The term "heroes" was used in Dawn of the Aspects when reffering to the battle against Deathwing. (Best book ever since Malygos was the main character that the story revolved around. ^^)

So in the lore when we killed Arthas what exactly does is say? Something like the champions of the Alliance and the Horde or Argent Crusaders under Tirion?

Also what would the chances be for a later patch or the finaly patch for Legion to take us to Argus were we kill Sargeras with all the surviving heros of Azeroth, or any part of what I just wrote happening.

Level 24
So in the lore when we killed Arthas what exactly does is say? Something like the champions of the Alliance and the Horde or Argent Crusaders under Tirion?

They never go into specifics though from a lore standpoint I'd guess it'd be the guys who got the world first achievement so for the Lich King that would be Paragon.

Also what would the chances be for a later patch or the finaly patch for Legion to take us to Argus were we kill Sargeras with all the surviving heros of Azeroth, or any part of what I just wrote happening.

I'm not certain, in War of the Aspects Korialstrasz said that if all demons but Sargeras came through we still stood a chance but if all demons but him laid dead and he came through we'd be doomed. How epic would it be though to fight a huge battle against Sargeras with, Ysera, Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, Kalecgos, Malorne, Cenarius, Sylvanas, Soridormi, Anachronos, Tyr, Freja, Mimiron, Hodir, Eluna, A'dal, Tyrande, Illidan, Malfurion and everyone else we've met through the years. ^^

Level 21
How epic would it be though to fight a huge battle against Sargeras with, Ysera, Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, Kalecgos, Malorne, Cenarius, Sylvanas, Soridormi, Anachronos, Tyr, Freja, Mimiron, Hodir, Eluna, A'dal, Tyrande, Illidan, Malfurion and everyone else we've met through the years. ^^
I have a feeling this may be how WoW ends

Level 24
This is what was said at BlizzCon, regarding what bosses we would face.

1. Nightmare Dragon
2. Cenarius
3. Xavius

We also have some new images from MMOChampion
4. Undisputedly probably the end boss of Emerald Nightmare. (If someone tells me Xavius is more powerful than Ysera that person is a madman.)
YseraDragon_Nightmare.jpg

Also as a little treat for me here we have a blue dragon named Senegos.

Senegos.jpg

We also have new models for Sylvanas, wardens, catform, moonkin, Malfurion, the Lich King, Illidan, Gul'dan, Cenarius and Anduin.

Sylvanas.jpg

Warden.jpg

OwlCat.jpg

moonkinAlliance.jpg

Malfurion.jpg

Lavaman2.jpg

Illidan2v2.jpg

hulkedguldanLowQualityEffect.jpg

Cenarius2.jpg

Cenarius2_Nightmare3.jpg

Anduin2.jpg

And then the most overpowered enemy of them all, we finally have an updated model for the rabbit!

Rabbit2.jpg

Level 21
That broken hidden tags doe xD

Why Cenarius?Is his spirit corrupted or something?

My opinion on the models
Sylvanas:7/10(looks better than I thought,but it makes her look too blond IMO)
Warden:8/10(looks better than the original but it feels too heavy for me)
Owl Cat:6/10(No opinion)
Moonkin Alliance:7/10(meh)
Malfurion:9/10(nice quality)
Lavaman:9/10(looks badass,but ain't that the bloody lich king?)
Illidan:10/10(ILLIDAN!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3)
Guldan:10/10(looks bloody badass.High-quality plz.)
Cenarius:8/10(meh)
Nightmare Cenarius:10/10(Blizzard is making me love them more.Some of these look really badass)
Anduin:5/10(meh)

Level 24
That broken hidden tags doe xD

You know I fixed that tiny problem far prior to you publishing your post, a little update now and then doesn't hurt. But yes it looked really bad. :D

Why Cenarius?Is his spirit corrupted or something?

At BlizzCon they said that his conection to the Emerald Dream also made him more vulnerable to its corruption. It seems bizarre at best though that Ysera has gotten so far into her corruption seeing as she was fine when we saw her in 2013.

My opinion on the models
Sylvanas:7/10(looks better than I thought,but it makes her look too blond IMO)[/QUOTE]

She is blond... Hair is dead skin cells, in other words death would not change their pigment as hair is already as to speak dead.

Warden:8/10(looks better than the original but it feels too heavy for me)

I think it looks amazing though I would have loved to see the weapons as well.

Lavaman:9/10(looks badass,but ain't that the bloody lich king?)

Yes.

Illidan:10/10(ILLIDAN!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3)

Illidan is overrated. :D Now Malygos, that is a real badass.

Anduin:5/10(meh)

If I didn't know better I'd say that your personal feelings guide your rating of the visual apeal of the models. Really Anduin's model in my opinion looks about as good as Illidans visually speaking.

I admit he doesn't look as cool but he has what he needs and I like it.

Level 21
She is blond... Hair is dead skin cells, in other words death would not change their pigment as hair is already as to speak dead.
I know she is blond but I said it made her look too blond.I always thought she had whitish blond hair

Now Malygos, that is a real badass.
Pfffft.Dragons are boring and overused xD

If I didn't know better I'd say that your personal feelings guide your rating of the visual apeal of the models.
True.I originally wrote "0/10 both humans and the alliances suck" but I edited it to avoid suspicion xD

It seems bizarre at best though that Ysera has gotten so far into her corruption seeing as she was fine when we saw her in 2013.
Wait....Is that dragon Ysera?!

Level 24
I know she is blond but I said it made her look too blond.I always thought she had whitish blond hair

sylvanas-ranger-general.png

Pfffft.Dragons are boring and overused xD

Really, Ysera was only in the game in Cata, and even then she by no means played a leading role, by that standard Illidan and Malfurion are far more overused.

True.I originally wrote "0/10 both humans and the alliances suck"

Truer words were never spoken. :D

Wait....Is that dragon Ysera?!

Yes, yes it sadly is. If she does not survive this I'm going to punch a moose.

Level 21
Really, Ysera was only in the game in Cata, and even then she by no means played a leading role, by that standard Illidan and Malfurion are far more overused.
I wasn't only speaking of WoW,I meant in general dragons are overused.Illidan isn't nearly as overused as Malfurion,but Malfurion isn't as overused as Thrall.NOBODY is as overused as Thrall

Yes, yes it sadly is. If she does not survive this I'm going to punch a moose.
Hopefully not Ralle xD
We need all the help we can get so I agree,we can't loose her

Level 24
I wasn't only speaking of WoW,I meant in general dragons are overused.

Ah so because dragons are overused in Game of Thrones, Bilbo and Eragon that makes the aspects overused simply by existing even though outside of the books they are mentioned very rarely? That makes no sense. :D

Illidan isn't nearly as overused as Malfurion,but Malfurion isn't as overused as Thrall.NOBODY is as overused as Thrall

True, why can't we just kill him and be done with him.

Hopefully not Ralle xD
We need all the help we can get so I agree,we can't loose her

I live in Sweden so I can always find someone else, don't worry, and I'll make sure to hit a male one if that makes you sleep at night. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.