• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Legacy of the Damned: reworked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I am planning to rework the official Blizzard campaign, Legacy of the Damned, with many custom changes while still retaining Blizzard's campaign style.
I already have campaign on this campaign, making it Brutal difficulty (like in Starcraft II, since Warcraft 3 campaigns are fairly easy, even on HARD).

In this project I will be making unique distinction between Sylvanas' Forces and Arthas' Scourge. The plan is to:
  • Change and at least give 1 custom ability of every playable hero, and some unique enemy commanders like Balnazzar, Detheroc, Kael, Vashj, Illidan...
  • Make custom units for each separate playable faction: Arthas, Sylvanas, Garithos being the main focus.
  • Making some missions more difficult than the vanilla campaign (*not every mission, like King Arthas or dungeon type missions)
  • Most likely will change some terrain, doodads etc...

NOTE: I might need help with saving hero items between missions, so when I finish making this, if someone wishes to help fix the problem (if it's there), then they're more than welcome to.
Update 1: I fixed the item saving in between missions :thumbs_up:.

Update 2: Change of plans, decided to do Path of the Damned first, then I will do Legacy of the Damned.

It will be an upgraded version of the original campaign. I still want it to feel like the real Blizzard campaign because it's so epic but also because a lot of custom campaigns I've played did not feel like Warcraft 3 at all (not implying it's a bad thing).

Completion of Path of the Damned:
Chapter One, Trudging through the Ashes: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:
Chapter Two, Digging up the Dead: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:
Chapter Three, Into the Realm Eternal: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:
Chapter Four, Key of the Three Moons: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:
Chapter Five, The Fall of Silvermoon: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:
Chapter Six, Blackrock & Roll, Too!: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:
Chapter Seven, The Siege of Dalaran: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:
Chapter Eight, Under the Burning Sky: ---> Status: completed. :thumbs_up:

*Mini review without much spoilers:

:fp: Chapter One: not too many changed, little surprise with Arthas though. :mwahaha:

Chapter Two: try to get lots of ghouls and if you explore map there's a surprise for you. :cool:2

Chapter Three: The High Elves will protect their precious land at all costs, expect no mercy. Also expect a super slight surprise. :smile:

Chapter Four: build up a defense quickly. Mini surprise waiting for you. :peasant-cheers-back:

Chapter Five: try to kill the Runner every time as usual and explore map a bit :peasant-wink:. The north-western defense has been slightly increased and adder another Archmage there so it's not super easy like original.

Chapter Six: my favorite map! Be careful, the Blackrock Warlocks will launch their first attack very quickly! They will not wait for you to destroy the Blackrock Slavers, Blackrock Warriors or Blackrock Raiders!

Chapter Seven: wizard capital city :grin:.

Chapter Eight: not much changed from original except for a very cool surprise at the bottom right side of the map :mwahaha:.

:fp::fp::fp: IMPORTANT NOTES:
A lot of hero abilities have been nerfed for the Player to make the missions a bit more even. Examples: Unholy Aura speed being none or very low (hp still same). Death Coil, Frost Nova having slightly higher cooldown etc... Also Animate Dead has been changed a lot, you will see. :peasant-wink:

Orc mission: some scouts have been placed around the map and Teal attack force is larger.

Dalaran Missions: more wizards :nw:.

Secondary notes:
Reign of Chaos campaigns will use RoC balancing like original campaigns, because having them on TFT balancing makes them even easier.

:fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp: RELEASE FOR: Path of the Damned: released:thumbs_up:

:grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
Level 21
i can help you with testing the maps if you want
Okey, I will be notifying you soon.
Only have 1 question: do you know if the campaign AI can produce units even if it's reached its food limit?
For example, it has troops worth 60 food and I want it to send troops that are worth 50 food; will it work?
Will the AI send the attacks capped at 100 food or will it break, never attacking?

Level 11
Okey, I will be notifying you soon.
Only have 1 question: do you know if the campaign AI can produce units even if it's reached its food limit?
For example, it has troops worth 60 food and I want it to send troops that are worth 50 food; will it work?
Will the AI send the attacks capped at 100 food or will it break, never attacking?
well i have no experience in that but i think you will be capable of doing that because in the lonely nightstar campaign the AI was attacking with a full army and also you can see the tutorial about making campaigns

Level 21
i can help you with testing the maps if you want
Wanted to let you know that I decided to do the Reign of Chaos undead campaign, I will do the Frozen Throne one aftet it.
I decided that I should do story of evil Arthas in one. So far it's looking great. Going to finish the high elven maps this week most likely and the rest next 1-2 weeks.
I accesed the AI files and I'm changing them, I won't make much spoilers so you see for yourself when done :grin:.

Level 11
Wanted to let you know that I decided to do the Reign of Chaos undead campaign, I will do the Frozen Throne one aftet it.
I decided that I should do story of evil Arthas in one. So far it's looking great. Going to finish the high elven maps this week most likely and the rest next 1-2 weeks.
I accesed the AI files and I'm changing them, I won't make much spoilers so you see for yourself when done :grin:.
i think that will be even better however i forget to ask you that what version required to play your campaign because i have 1.31 and i don't intend to buy reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.