• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Legacy of Legends RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Kryn, after entering his room, taking care of some private business, and then sleeping, felt good enough to leave his room. Anyone who cared to notice would see that his scales were much lighter than before, and if anyone were to touch him they would find his scales not much harder then leather. Kryn had just finished a long-overdue molt, and his stomach cried out for food to replace the nutrients lost. He headed off to the room that dinner had been in the night before, looking for something to eat.

Level 20
Alyssia stirred slightly as wind the caressed her now exposed body, muttering a small indiscernible word before curling up tightly against the cold, still very much asleep.

OOC: No rudeness intended there... she is dressed... but Urak is no longer between her and the draft :D

1001 replies! :) RP Anniversary event? hehe

Level 10
Crazy Cow takes a deep breath

OOC:
Alright, everyone. World is Flat has given control of the roleplay to me until he is ready to take the reins again. He will be playing Urak, Myria, and the other elemental royalties, but the rest will fall under me for a while.
I am not clear on how strong everyone is right now. As the DM, I need to know, so...

IC:
For several days, the fortress of Redwall remains uneventful. The entire place has an air of peace about it, and there isn't even any bad news to mar the peace.
The daily routine, however, is interrupted one day right after lunch. Each of you is confronted by a soldier of the fortress, each with the same message.
"Lord Erran wishes you to come to the military barracks," the soldiers each say. "He wishes to know the extent of all of your power, and so asks you to bear the company of Sergent Phillips for a few hours."

Level 10
You arrive in a small courtyard in one corner of the fortress. It is obviously for military training; training dummies, practice weapons and racks of armor litter the scene. Several soldiers are standing in one corner, watching two others duel with practice weapons. Kryn is already there, but nobody else has arrived yet.
"About time!" a familiar booming voice yells. Sergent Phillips comes over, along with two aides loaded down with wooden practice gear.
"Where are the others?" he shouts. "It's been a half-hour since I sent by messages!"

Level 10
OOC:
Never mind, then. Let's get some action going.

Before any more words can be spoken, the small group is interrupted by an out-of-breath soldier.
"Sir?" he says. "I have urgent news for you."
"Very well, but make it quick," Phillips growls. He shoots a glare at you as he walks away.
"Stay put," he says to you. The two then walk a bit away and start talking. The Sergent, apparently unable to talk normally, is audible despite the distance.
"Only one?" he says. A response from the soldier apparently annoys the Sergent.
"Why didn't we know about this sooner? They're right on top of us? Are those damn scouts so worthless?" The soldier's response doesn't satisfy him, as he grunted and changed the subject.
"How far away are they?" the soldier replied, and the Sergent cursed.
"Damn!" he shouted. "I guarantee you they will be here tomorrow morning, then. Does Lord Erran know?" the soldier said an affirmative.
"Then we have a lot of work to do," Phillips said. "Get every soldier out of his bed and begin the preparations for a siege. Get a company of thirty soldiers down here, as well." The soldier ran off, and the Sergent turned around to face the group, grim-faced.

Level 10
"An army has been seen, two day's march from here," the Sergent said. "They have siege weapons, hundreds of soldiers, a dragon... and several 'shadow people' were seen by the sole surviving scout," he continued. "I think we all know what that means. I am going to assign four soldiers to every one of you, and I want you to follow the instructions I gave you last time to the letter."

Level 20
Alyssia's forehead wrinkled up in concern as Urak translated the message. She wasn't much of a fighter... She'd never reached that age, she'd only hunted and even that had been against her people's strict laws. She relaxed somewhat, shrugged and nodded to Urak her white blonde hair - in a bang & pony tail style - bouncing and glowing in the morning light.

Level 10
At this point, a group of thirty soldiers, marching in formation, enters the training courtyard. There is plenty of activity all over the fortress, with soldiers building temporary fortifications at the two large gates, filling pots with oil, and making other preparations.
"Most of you are here, now," the Sergent says. "We still need the wizard and dragon warrior, but they can be dealt with later."
"An army is headed this way, hidden by some kind of magic. While they are two day's march away for a normal army, you can never tell with these things, and my bet is that they will be here tomorrow. I am going to assign four soldiers to each of you, and ask that you avoid the battlements while the siege is in progress. I know it's hard for you adventurous types to stay away from the fight, but it would sure be great if a stray arrow took out one of the most powerful people on our side, no?"

Level 10
The Sergent glares at Urak.
"Fine, but keep Alyssia off the battlements. Arrows can hurt her with no trouble at all."

OOC:
Feel free to wander the battlements at your will, guys. You won't need to fear random arrows and such hitting you; this is just the Sergent being the Sergent.

Level 10
OOC:
I believe that Alyssia needs a boost in confidence. I just might do something about that...

"I need to go organize our defenses," the Segent says. With a wave of his hand, the group of thirty soldiers breaks off; two come up behind him, others spread out to meet each of you, and two groups move off into the chaos of the defensive preperations, hunting down Elvor and Exo.
"Try to staty out of trouble," Phillips says as he moves off to the battlements.

Status
Not open for further replies.