• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

We're back here again..
[..] this thread quickly degenerated into "define the word above" rather than "justify the idea, concept or act above" - as was expected. [..]

Level 27
shiiK is right. Again.

I'm adding a new rule and leaving the last few pages undeleted because I'm lazy as an example of how not to post.

You must use at least three sentences in your justification.
Conspiracy nuts.
Argument is the basis of thought. If you fail to argue, you fail to think. If you cease arguing then the neurons that you once used to make qualitative decisions will atrophy and decay. If we don't have crazy people to argue with and give us perspective, we run the risk of thinking we're not as rational as we really are. If we attempt to improve from a state of perfection, the only way to change is to become less perfect.

Actually that was the moral of Tron: Legacy. >.>

Justify:
Being a shitty game thread instead of a thought provoking one.

Level 35
laziness is the craze of the century, people have reached a utopia in creation that allows programs to do thinking for us. while there are thinking people developing such technology, the majority of users will enjoy the comfort of no longer needing to think for themselves. as technology improves to serve us, we ourselves will degrade into slobbery unless we make it a point for ourselves to improve on such flaws in our nature.

Justify:
Obsessive fandom of anime

Level 12
The lack of social interaction with others and the constant demand and supply leads to one's obsessiveness to anime. To emulate in both physical outlook and mentality. If this is not the case then probably the pressure and urge of those surrounding one to watch anime as well which will, if not controlled properly, will lead to anime obsessiveness and possibly develop social ineptitude. (Just trying my best!)

Justify:
Greed over morality

Level 27
Everyone sucks at everything. The common man has never been competent. As time goes on, leader after leader will fail. We cannot keep making this mistake. We must have one leader. They will make the decision that common man cannot make. They will make the decisions that perpetuate civilization because only they know how. The world is a complex place and it takes many years to be able to run it all. The leader will not be elected, they will be chosen, from the best and brightest, most successful part of the most successful areas. There is no more effective method of governance than global command under a leader born and raised to do so.

Justify:
All food as pills.

Level 12
We're back here again..

shiik is right. And this mis-course of "define the word above" thing really had been getting my nerves lately. Because it's annoying. Because it's wrong. Because it's stupid. So, please learn the difference between justification and definition noobs. Or please don't post here anymore.

Anyways;

-Globalisation-

With the conclusion of the past developments of motor vehicles and internet, international relationships have inevitably come to strenghten in the present-day world. Whereat, every country around the world should be in need of each other in the means of trade, tourism, etc.
Because of that, globalisation is inevitable, and essential.

Justify:
- Nuclear Power Stations -

Level 9
- Nuclear Power Stations -

Nuclear power *is* the safest and cheapest power, and is actually practical unlike solar/wind. Disposal can be a little tricky but is doable. Putting them in obviously dangerous locations, however...

All food as pills.

Lots and lots of saved space. No more fridges! And you get to pretend you're an astronaut (or is that tube food only?)

Justify:

- GMO foods -

Damn it, you people hijacked my thread :c

Internet Trolls

Theoretically speaking, the more time you spend trolling online, the less time you spend trolling in real life. The greater the number of internet trolls, the less the number of real-life trolls. And thus, the rise of internet trolls is good for humanity. At least this way, we get less people who can cause real damage. Plus, what's the worst thing internet trolls can do? Call you fag and use CAPS LOCK WHILE DOING IT!? Once you acknowledge them, they don't tend to annoy you as much.

Justify:
Hijacking a Thread and adding new rules without editing the first post so people posting on a page other than the one in which the new rule was declared would know what to do.

Level 12
Theoretically speaking, the more time you spend trolling online, the less time you spend trolling in real life. The greater the number of internet trolls, the less the number of real-life trolls. And thus, the rise of internet trolls is good for humanity. At least this way, we get less people who can cause real damage. Plus, what's the worst thing internet trolls can do? Call you fag and use CAPS LOCK WHILE DOING IT!? Once you acknowledge them, they don't tend to annoy you as much.

/OFFTOPIC: Real life trolls are not completely bound to cause real damage though. A real damage only might be caused through physical means. And when it's physical, it's not trolling, it's bullying.

/MOAR OFFTOPIC: "Real damage" could mean anything (from physical damage, to all those technical-damages in the US like "Disturbing the Peace" and "Speeding" and all that stuff no one cares about)

Ok, I realized you can't justify what I posted unless you say "Magtheridon96 is a twat", so here's a new one:

-Speeding-

edit
Updated the first post and added lots of useless rules that aren't going to change anything because I felt like it.

Last edited:
Level 12
The thrill and excitement of speed. Or maybe just the urgency to rush to possibly a wife in labor or a father on his deathbed. I don't think it's right for the cops to stop a speeding ambulance on the basis of going too fast if there's a patient inside. On the other hand it could lead to being taken for granted, where inconsiderate people would use this excuse to satisfy their own worldly desires and cravings, in this case to speed.

Justify it:
Stupid people

Level 12
/MOAR OFFTOPIC: "Real damage" could mean anything (from physical damage, to all those technical-damages in the US like "Disturbing the Peace" and "Speeding" and all that stuff no one cares about)

So, here's my counter-idea again; neither disturbing the peace nor speeding are actually damaging. Even if disturbing the peace or speeding damaged someone, they don't have to damage everybody. Both disturbing the peace and speeding are subjective and relative matters, right?

Ok, I realized you can't justify what I posted unless you say "Magtheridon96 is a twat", so here's a new one:

No, I would have easily answered that if I cared to, but I simply wanted to keep the discussion on this previous matter, for the sake of discussion. (just like how I'm doing right now) It looks way more fun this way, and staff kinda made an encouragement on this though, I think.

Level 27
I hope I did. It's very hard to be off-topic in this thread because the topic keeps changing. Though if you want to have a more in-depth discussion we can always split the thread for a more dedicated debate.
Stupid people
I think I already justified this one before... <.<

People are not, in fact, rational. They are very emotional and very corporeal. Rarely is it the case that they do things because it is logical to do them. They do them primarily out of emotional reasons, when they feel motivated to do so. Often their words are logical, and you should expect that to be the case, because that is the purpose of language; to convey logic. But their actions are an entirely different section of the brain. Often their words will betray their actions or their actions betray their words. There is what they say, and there is what they do, and there is no need for the two to be linked.

Stupid people motivate us to be smarter.

Can't come up with a subject right now.

Segregation is part of human nature. Even in multicultural countries such as America and Australia, you will find chinatowns, ghettos, little italies, and the like. I wouldn't call segregation avoiding others based on different characteristics, but forming communities based on common characteristics. This applies to any population, including the users of the Hive. However, I must note that like mr Wazzz stated, this social segregation is only evident to a tiny extent.

Justify:
Contrarianists

Status
Not open for further replies.