• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to play a game. Let's cut to the chase.

I'm going to state a certain idea, concept or act and the person below me has to justify it.
Then he must give a different idea, concept or act for the next poster to justify. Simple?

Rules
  • You must use at least three sentences in your justification. (New Rule)
  • No walls of text. Seriously, if you know that a few people are going to take the time to read it, then don't write it, because the point of writing it is for people to read it, not for it to just be there.
  • You must abide by the site rules and I will report troublesome or unwanted posts. (Ex: No profanity, no spam, no flaming, etc...)
  • No posting stupid answers just so you can get someone to justify your idea/concept/act. (Ex: "Justification for Adultery: For the lols. Justify: Waffles.")
  • No encouraging people to post stupid answers. (Ex: By writing a stupid answer; By posting a stupid idea; etc...)
  • Don't post stupid ideas. (Ex: Justify eggs; Justify Chuck Norris; Justify HAKEEM; etc...)
  • No trolling. Trolling is not even mentioned in the Site Rules, so I decided to post it here. (Ex: "wAT an jistufiCASHONRU!? pANCKAES, no!?"; "I wish to justify <Some random topic>"; "I can post stuff from Wikipedia right?"; "<Break every single rule within your post>"; etc...)

Note: The first 7 pages of this thread were exempted from all of these rules.

Enough technicalities, justify: Rape

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Let me just..
I'm going to state a certain idea, concept or act and the person below me has to justify it in under 100 words.
So, by providing boobs as an idea, concept or act to be justified are you implying there's an idea from whoever or whatever created humans, and thus the female body, that needs justification beyond the simple fact they are mammary glands? Well, what else would we, as manly men, look at while the table efficiently keeps everything else of interest from us? Does that qualify as justification enough? I'm quite happy with whoever decided boobs should be part of the female concept.

Also wanted to say that this thread quickly degenerated into "define the word above" rather than "justify the idea, concept or act above" - as was expected. So I will petition for closure. Matter of fact, I'd do that anyway because this is not only a forum game (which we do not endorse here), but a game where outrageous acts of cruelty are attempted justified (however in a laughable, sarcastic way).

Anyway, chew on this while we wait for its inevitable execution:

Thread Closure

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Racism? Humans are bound to families, acquaintances, cultures and so forth. We grow up in a set environment. A human race, though incorrectly so, can be viewed as the group of families, acquaintances and cultures that you understand. Alas, we're talking about fear of the unknown. I don't know where these supposed races border, where they meet, but the most common form of racism is based on appearance - so I'd assume you have a grid of races that is divided into the columns west, central and east, and the rows north, central and south. Because I'm an egotistical bastard Europe is the horizontal central column. North and south are already pre-defined, so the countries around the Mediterranean Sea are the central-central race. If you put boxes between the nine already mentioned boxes, call them in-betweens, you get the buffer zones. Between central-central and central-north, you have central Europe. People of the central Europe will be tolerant towards central-central as well as central-north - not to mention the boxes to the east and west of the central Europe box - but central-north people will be doubtful of the central-central people. As soon as you jump two boxes, the culture and appearance has changed so much you're alienated. But why, now that people from all around the world live, well, together in the same boxes, is there still racism? I suppose the justification here is that humans are reluctant to accept social change, and that in order to prevent that from happening, we attack what we consider to be the intruder.

Piracy.

Level 27
Piracy? Oh, that's an easy one. You see, our mastery of electricity bears the inevitable result that we develop a method with which to transmit information at the speed of light, or close to it. Trying to control such a network of devices is logically reprehensible. Trying to maintain ownership in such a world is as ridiculous as owning the light from the sun. You don't, you can't. After that, the only reason left is to respect the wishes of the author(s). There are 7 BILLION of us. Your work is not unique or original. Ego is no longer an option.

Using an iron fist when moderating this thread. (No staff member is allowed to justify this one.)

-Online Addiction-
Yeah, shiik was right, lots of people are actually defining the topic rather than justifying it >.<

But anyways, online addiction. Nowadays the internet is integral to society, and alot of people lead second lives or existences online. So in a way to say one is addicted to the internet is similar to saying one is addicted to existing. It may not be so much of an addiction as just another way of living (hope that made sense?)

Ponies.

EDIT: HAKEEM you stuffed up the topics.

Level 27
Okay let's lay some ground rules:

You can reply to any post you wish to justify, but if it isn't the previous post, you must make it clear what you are justifying.

Only the first to reply to a topic is allowed to set the topic.

You may of course post a placeholder post to lock your position in time and immediately edit it, but be quick about it.

HFR

HFR

Level 22

If you mean the "new" ponies, then it's a-ok.

People outside the target demography of the show are immersing themselves in such ways unimaginable for a child, perhaps due to lack of infancy, or maybe a big desire for attention ("hey, look, I'm 35 and I like colorful ponies!"), or just as a way to express their hidden desires. We may never know.

What we know is that they must be stopped. At all costs, else we share the same fate.

-Drug Addiction-

Level 6
Using an iron fist when moderating this thread.
This thread? It was meant to be serious, but took a turn to a mindless game. It should've been designed differently. It's an interesting concept to think of something cruel and hear how people interpret its justifiability. Because it was put forth as a "game", people started using it as a chance to write a crude but witty response to something horrible. This happened in the first post.
She asked for it, though.

So, maybe not the actual ruthlessness of the moderation of it is justifiable, as it should've rather been attempted to change the thread like you did, but the actions themselves are.

The show?
It distincts those uneducated and without good taste from the rest.
Look at the avatar (two posts; fuck you HFR) above mine.

Reactions: HFR
This is a tough one for Hakeem personally, because te actually has to step outside turself and play Devil's advocate.

Dammit. They're all psychological justifications.

Screw it. You can have your post back.

The revengee just might learn to leave you alone next time.

Industrial grade pollution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
Failure to state a new topic when the responsibility is yours may or may not result in post deletion.

In any case, anypony has permission to pick a topic regardless of whether or not they reply to anything at all.

Level 27
For the first time in history, we've reached a stage of automation such that most of us have no need for manual labor. Through games and television we can explore vast, foreign worlds of mystery and adventure. Slower metabolisms result in longer lifespans, so there's no reason to need to move, or do anything, really, besides eat, play, and watch, and every reason to do just that.

Wetware digital pets.

Wetware digit pets

Real pets require much more work to manage, they can die and you will are mostly likely going to end up crying and weeping about it, and they require much more resources.

PS: I don't know what the hell those are so I just guessed the meaning :eek: (Also, Google images gave me really bad results)

-Caps Lock-

Status
Not open for further replies.