• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Island + Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ok I always wanted try to make an island , So here you go.
picture.php

Level 14
What the hell man_!_! If these are your first terrains I cant wait to see what your terrains will look like when you get better...

This is so cool looking, I cant believe its warcraft(kind of reminds me of a map from Worms 3D).

Level 36
Ok, let me give you a little review:

Good thing: The sky in the background is nice, and the lighting is good. Sorry to say, but thats the only things that is good, or decent.
Bad things: End of world is viewable, the iseland looks pointy, should've smoothed it a bit out, and to not mention, the water looks boring. The rain is just out of place, and last but not least, can plants grow on pure stone? Also, many of the trees is placed on hillsides, and is not lowered into the ground, making them look, unreal.

Overall a bad one. Your first was better.
oh and P.S: theres no fog.

The sky looks good, but everything else looks pretty bad. The moon isn't on earth. Just about no tile variation, hills are too pointy, the vegetation seems pretty random from autumn to tropical islands. New water model looks better too. The 'Made by Firelord213' is completely unneeded and distracting - it's your thread and your terrain, we don't need to know that more. If you do add them in, do it discreetly, like in my oldest terrains.
People, the end of the world is NOT bad. It's a horizon - 25km of sight, I believe. Get over it. Firelord, you should turn up your computer graphics settings, go to NVidia Control Panel then choose Quality as the preference. It's making it look really bad with no AA etc.
And the thing looks square because you can see the horizon on two parts, that is unrealistic.

Pretty good. Maybe add some fog but the sky looks really nice. I think you could probably smooth out some of the lands there and use iNfraNe's water doodad model because it looks much better.

Also, I think you overused the rock tile. :p It doesn't look too awesome unless used in small quantities. Huge quantities makes it look a little odd.

Level 34
The sky looks good, but everything else looks pretty bad. The moon isn't on earth. Just about no tile variation, hills are too pointy, the vegetation seems pretty random from autumn to tropical islands. New water model looks better too. The 'Made by Firelord213' is completely unneeded and distracting - it's your thread and your terrain, we don't need to know that more. If you do add them in, do it discreetly, like in my oldest terrains.
People, the end of the world is NOT bad. It's a horizon - 25km of sight, I believe. Get over it. Firelord, you should turn up your computer graphics settings, go to NVidia Control Panel then choose Quality as the preference. It's making it look really bad with no AA etc.
And the thing looks square because you can see the horizon on two parts, that is unrealistic.
Ditto.

Except the end of the world thing. It looks bad. It look like you've made the whole terrain in a little box, or in a small area, which is what you did. Now make peoples eyes deceive them. Even a simply making the water stretch for a long distance and moving the moon back should be sufficient.

Level 3
I think its pretty ugly.. Bad camera angle the moon doesn't look like a moon and looks weird with trees on stones

Status
Not open for further replies.