1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice

Relaxing Point of View (Remake)

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Aidyn, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Aidyn

Aidyn
    Ok, here ya go. I completely remade this terrain because my last try and making an island terrain mega sucked.
    Here it is! My new and way better attempt!

Mid-day on The Islands
    [​IMG]

2. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating
    hmmm.. i dont know but its missing something...

3. Aidyn

Aidyn
    Missing something?

Please don't hold it to yourself!

4. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

In the background, try another fog, black dont really fit into the barrens terrain, if its not night, which it is not.

5. Aidyn

Aidyn
    I didnt use black fog... I didnt use any fog at all lol

6. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror
    He means the black fog of war thingy. You can put it off and on in WE, put it off.

7. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion
    The water colour doesnt fit at all. I dont know why, it seems MUCH too blue considering the dark brownish islands surronding it. Its cracked earth near the shore, where the shore is a bright blue clean colour.

And put some detail into the water, as in some doodads or something else that doesnt make the water seem too blank. Although i guess thats how its supposed to be. (But still)

Kinda nice though.

8. Aidyn

Aidyn
    i think it looks quite awesome. +rep to myself xD

9. Huurka

Huurka
    Confindent.

Good.

10. Dakho

Dakho
    Change the fog to something more relaxing (light blue or light gray), and maybe a dark tint to the water.

11. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating
    hmm i got it!

Make the water shallow and then residing into deep water. ur water goes too deep kinda instantly..

12. VampireHeart

VampireHeart
    Yea the fog is missing.

Id try a orange.