• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi guys, is it possible to make a passive ability with a cooldown and its effect is to negate an ability?
Passive abilities can have cooldown, however, i don't know how. I have never been interested in this but i know it's possible. To negate an ability, you want to set it's value in the object editor to negative, right? To do this you have to hold Shift and then double right-click on the value you want. Then you write a minus and then the value.
For example, you can make the Paladin's Devotion Aura to decrease armor, instead of increasing it.

Level 4
Personally, I think even passive abilities has cooldowns, but when the passive effects is discrete, not continuous... Ever heard of an in-game ability that removes buffs every x seconds?

(The discrete is like Evasion, removing buffs, anti-spell, etc. The continuous is like auras...)

As for negating an ability, I think there's an in-game item that negates an ability casted on her, and wait for x second to be ready to negate next ability cast on her...

(Or, something like removing effects and buff on her each x second, just as above...)

Status
Not open for further replies.