• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Double Ability Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi!
If a unit has two custom abilities with the same ability as base, (Wind Walk 1 and Wind Walk 2, for example) is it possible to prevent both abilities from activating upon activating one of them?

What I'm searching for here is abilities that starts its effect and cooldown immidieatly after cast (berserk, wind walk, divine shield etc.), so channel is not an option, unless, of course, it is possible to make channel instant-cast.

For Clarity:
I have a unit that uses a custom movement system.
Not instant abilites activate as it moves, but does not starts an effect or cooldown.
Effect is not important since that can be handled with triggers, but the cooldown is.

Thanks in advance! :)

Level 26
I don't want to use spellbooks as that requires an extra click for each ability cast. Abilities like speed boost is a good idea, but the problem is that I will reach perhaps a total of 10 or 11 spells like that when I need to access an unlimited number of abilities if needed.

Thanks anyway, man! :)

Level 12
You can use the item abilities that do similar things. I haven't tested them all, but these might not share cooldowns:
health potion
mana potion
mana shield
penguin squeak
charge (gold and lumber) - though not sure if it will display 0 gold cost and stuff and don't know if it can have mana cost.
tome abilities (might only be able to use 1)
manual of health ability
tome of experience ability
aoe healing glyph things / scroll items that give aoe buffs

I don't know how many you need, but I think you can use a lot of those.

Probebly the best solution is to just use channel. I have no experience with it, myself, but I heard you can change the order text string to whatever you want (so they won't overlap and cast more than one).

Level 26
Unfortunately I have already tested all of these and the casting time still remains. They work in the same way as abilities like for example thunderclap; they have a minimum of a ~0.35 cast time.

They cast on an instant when they are used via an item, but that does not help me.

Thanks anyway, Saus! :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

To remove this cast time, set the Casting Point of the casting unit to 0 or -1, I cannot recall which of both it was.

The abilities are instant casted then.

Level 12
To remove this cast time, set the Casting Point of the casting unit to 0 or -1, I cannot recall which of both it was.

The abilities are instant casted then.

0 should work for that, but it would make ALL of that unit's abilities instant. It depends on the needs of the OP. I think it may still interrupt orders though.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Depends, I use this for my systems, ordering a unit to cast a spell on multiple units 'at once'.

Status
Not open for further replies.