• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is DotA overhyped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
DoTA is seriously gay. It is way overrated, I can think of so many games off of the top of my head that are better than it. And when it comes to AoSes, ToB and AoM are the best.

Level 3
so you say, that they play only dota? lol, i meet such people almost in each kind of game, td, melee, aos, w/e they always ust be kid flaming everyone, and whats your problem with dota hosted so often? you dont like it? dont play it! find someone to host for you your favourite map, put good game name and game will be filled -.-

Level 1
ow so that the reason why you all hate dota, but not all the people who play dota are arrogant.There are still many good people on dota, and i think dota is fun game. :infl_thumbs_up:

i'm sorry if my english is bad:sad:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, let us state some negative facts about DotA then. I'm listing the ones outside gameplay:

1. Kids with Banlists who ban people who might have just disconnected;
2. Nerd Idiots, Flamers and stupid people, who do nothing else than playing that crap all day;
3. Hosted too often. A guy wants to find a game and he can't because in the middle of that list, 8/10 games are DotAs. And we don't see these people who play it on the forums because of the reason I mentioned above; they don't have time for forums, they must play DotA! Hunger for DotA!

What else could we say?

Level 27
Well, let us state some negative facts about DotA then. I'm listing the ones outside gameplay:

1. Kids with Banlists who ban people who might have just disconnected;
2. Nerd Idiots, Flamers and stupid people, who do nothing else than playing that crap all day;
3. Hosted too often. A guy wants to find a game and he can't because in the middle of that list, 8/10 games are DotAs. And we don't see these people who play it on the forums because of the reason I mentioned above; they don't have time for forums, they must play DotA! Hunger for DotA!

What else could we say?

we could say dota is overhyped :p

Level 1
Yea but nearly 1/2 of the players are arrogant,they get a better score then you they say you shut up low score noob,i usually kick those people from the game,they piss me off.

so you just say DotA is teamwork play not individual play so the people skill not just individual skill but also teamwork. Or you just ignore them (usually ignore them)! :thumbs_up: And I think teamwork skill is more important than individual skill!:coolgrunt:

peace:smile: SaPiMeTaL The Curse Cow

Level 45
saying dota sucks..like...every time doesn't really make our side of the view intelligent sir. =/

Dota, not the most grandets of maps, very average, far too overhyped, FAR to many zealotic dota fans and plenty of sexist,racism and selfish bastards on dota.

I think they host dota becuase they "want" to be in control, they want to say who has what and where and they want to have the power to kick and ban etc. Thus, Being host, they can boss people around without them being banned/kicked or yelled at.

Level 27
saying dota sucks..like...every time doesn't really make our side of the view intelligent sir. =/

Dota, not the most grandets of maps, very average, far too overhyped, FAR to many zealotic dota fans and plenty of sexist,racism and selfish bastards on dota.

I think they host dota becuase they "want" to be in control, they want to say who has what and where and they want to have the power to kick and ban etc. Thus, Being host, they can boss people around without them being banned/kicked or yelled at.

Im just dont getting why i still respond in this thread because it grows larger and larger ( which i like :) ). But .. eh .. there isnt rly any gossip to talk about anymore is there xD .. otherwise than DOTA =/

Level 2
Well i used to play Dota only because i liked annoying people with Pudge's Hook ability but nowadays every game i join there is some retard or leaver and the game just fucks up. Dota can't be played properly unless you are with friends.

Level 1
Another thing that just pisses me off, I don't know about you guys.... but it's that people actually get paid for playing it, there are tournaments hosted, huge LAN battles and whatnot. Do you know how many years they have been in the process of making DoTA for? They could just put an end to it already, we don't need 83502 heroes and 143561 different game modes.

Level 1
I have story is abot me when I playing dota:
(i use vengeful spirit)

The story was begin when I play in LAN games, I play dota with my friends and other people cos the connection was in trouble so I play LAN. Then when the game start the condition is fine until somebody shout in all and say a bad word ( in my language ), he say that cos he often get gangbanged. "So I say watch your tongue dude" but he still talking (mocking my parents) and it make me so angry. So when the midle game, I targeting him,when my team rushing the midle line I opened the war , I swap him and my team gangbang him I dont die because I using lothar edge, so I say "mati cok cupu raimu bangsat"( I can't translate into english), and he didn't say anything. When the game was over he looking me where I sit and he come to me and chalange me duel (real duel offcourse) and I say "ok!" before the we punching to other face he talk a lot but I dont get the point, and when he start to punching me I just dodge him without a counter because I think if I hit him back the problem is become big and bigger, after 3 minute he try hit me sudenly he stoped and fleeing away. Until now he never go to to my cyber cafe again.

So if tou meet the people around dota and he talk a lot about you like noob or rasism you can reciprocate him with mocking him back or with your skill. And usually the people who talk a lot is don't have skill and he just have a very big mouth!

Level 6
I have story is abot me when I playing dota:
(i use vengeful spirit)

The story was begin when I play in LAN games, I play dota with my friends and other people cos the connection was in trouble so I play LAN. Then when the game start the condition is fine until somebody shout in all and say a bad word ( in my language ), he say that cos he often get gangbanged. "So I say watch your tongue dude" but he still talking (mocking my parents) and it make me so angry. So when the midle game, I targeting him,when my team rushing the midle line I opened the war , I swap him and my team gangbang him I dont die because I using lothar edge, so I say "mati cok cupu raimu bangsat"( I can't translate into english), and he didn't say anything. When the game was over he looking me where I sit and he come to me and chalange me duel (real duel offcourse) and I say "ok!" before the we punching to other face he talk a lot but I dont get the point, and when he start to punching me I just dodge him without a counter because I think if I hit him back the problem is become big and bigger, after 3 minute he try hit me sudenly he stoped and fleeing away. Until now he never go to to my cyber cafe again.

So if tou meet the people around dota and he talk a lot about you like noob or rasism you can reciprocate him with mocking him back or with your skill. And usually the people who talk a lot is don't have skill and he just have a very big mouth!

I did not understand anything in that post...and it was hard to read...

Level 6
DotA is:

1. Dota is a Cult
  2. Dota makes me cry at night
  3. Dota stands for: Dorks on Teams Arguing
  4. Dota is another excuse for kids to stay in there houses to play and become racist fucks in the real world and then say the wrong word at the wrong time and get beaten up :\
If you can find anything i missed, post it here :\

Status
Not open for further replies.