• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Introductions and Inquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I'm 14 (15 soon) and I've been here for a time.I'm too late to realized that Jass and vJass are important but anyway, I will start to learn it from now.

EDIT :
What should I do after I joined Jass Class ?Solved
Hmm, I can't submit the answer now cuz I don't have a JNGP and I'm waiting for the next version of JNGP :fp: JNGP 2.0.
8 mb is just a mega filesize for me T_T

Downloaded JNGP 2.0 (the one which recuriting for test) :D

Last edited:
Level 1
Howdy.

21 year old from the US here, pretty boring and bland, yeah.
I know absolutely nothing about Jass, vJass, and even GUI gives me a hard time because it just simply makes my head hurt.

Level 29
Hi Im mike from philippines 25 yrs old and currently working abroad I didnt finish my studies and my job now is far from any programming language,
still I managed to learn vJass from example of others but have difficult time following rules of programming like naming conventions, coz Im thinking,
this is only a game for fun :D...

Level 20
Oh Mag I've always wanted to know (if this question has been or will be answered in future lessons since I'm still on week 1 figuring out Binary codes, pardon me if I am to ask this question) why binary codes and their conversions are included in the first week's assignment? Because based on some vJASS and JASS codes I have read in my coding/triggering's entirety, I have yet to encounter their use...
I would really appreciate some feedback!

P.S. If anyone would answer my question above, would you mind if you PMed or VMed it to me instead because I;m having a hard time tracking thread activity because of school.

P.P.S. Nice to see you join the class FRENGERS!

Oh, never knew mckill was older than me and is out of the country... haha... I'm 21, chemical engineering graduate... currently employed as IT management trainee for a certain company... and reviewing for the board exam...

@master - I think most intro classes start with conversions between different number systems... it seems to be a norm in the world...

Level 31
hi all, I'm nestharus, 24, computer science person

I know c++, c#, c, java, Lua, perl, javascript, jass, galaxy, vjass, cjass, zinc, visual basic, SQL, DragonSpeak, xhtml/html, css, php, and a few other languages that I can't think of atm. I've worked on eqemulator (AI scripting, MySQL, and c++), wc3, sc2, Furcadia, and a few projects including a physics engine in c++. I've also been coding since I was 13, making it 11 years now.

i help with the JASS Class lessons/grading

wrote week 1/2 and a lesson + project in week 3. Did a lot of the grading too ; ).

let's all have fun, given that mag writes more lessons somehow from his mac

hello, I'm Daffa [the Mage is a title by me]

I know GUI and a minor amount of JASS, My First Interest in JASS first comes when I was found out Ralle's things that leaks tutorial of using custom scrpts, after that, browsing Hive's Spells I get more interested with it, next, I met Doomlord who wants me to test his JASS spells [which most of it I haven't test, sorry], testing some of it, I found that JASS has more utilities than GUI, then today, after several times thinking, I decide to join JASS class to get some JASS knowledge for my future Spell and Mapping jobs.

Level 1
Hi, I'm Marius known as miki1998, I'm 15 years old, I'm from Romania...Until recently i was putting cheats on the maps but one of my friends said me instead of hacking maps, why dont you make a map...so i got here :D. I'm glad to join this class

Level 31
Status
Not open for further replies.