• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
To make the wand not drop, did you try putting charges to 1? That way the dummy will use it and it will disappear.

You don't need to give the item to him.
Make a spell based on wand's spell.

Yes you do. There is no action that can order a unit to use an item-based spell. Therefore you need to give the dummy the item and order it to use the given item.

Level 7
Well cr8 1 dummy and add wand of illusion spell to him. Then order the dummy to cast the wand on your hero with this custom script(call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_Dummy_Variable, 852274, udg_Target_Variable). If u want other way, cr8 1 item with 999999 charges add it to the dummy(first ofcource add the item to the dummy) order the dummy to use the item with this Hero - Order to use item on bla bla bla unit... And there u go

Level 24
To make the wand not drop, did you try putting charges to 1? That way the dummy will use it and it will disappear.

Yes you do. There is no action that can order a unit to use an item-based spell. Therefore you need to give the dummy the item and order it to use the given item.

it should be possible

you just have to change the order string of the ability to one of a hero and order the unit to cast that? maybe i am wrong but that should be possible at least if u change the item ability and let the dummy have it

Level 9
make ability based on wand of illusion and ad it to a dummy unit (must be already placed in the map) and when ability is being cast the order the dummy to cast copy to that unit. the other way is to add item to already placed dummy unit and the item to have 99999 charges or so on and when a unit cast the ability order the dummy to cast the wand of illusion to the casting unit this is the most easy thing to do

Level 23
You are all saying kind of the same thing... But I am backuping Igor_Z at this point.

Not all abilities have an orderstring, but all of them has an orderId. What is the difference? The id is an integer value instead of a string and is actually faster if we should talk about efficiency.

So yes, if Igor has looked up the id right it should be, like he says,
  • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_Dummy_Variable, 852274, udg_Target_Variable)
The way of using the item does work, yes, you all seem to say that. But it is basically just a complex way of solving the problem.

Level 24
hm, i think if u dont want to use the wand adding thing mine is the most simple way because you dont have to know jass at all.... i hope you understood what i meant with the post?

if not, let me explain

we make the item ability a unit ability and add it to the dummy via trigger

since there is no 'order issue targeting a unit' for the wand ability, we have to change the order string id

we'll do that in object editor

change it to something like entangling roots

after that go to the trigger editor again and order the unit to cast

order issue targeting a unit -> keeper of the grove - entangling roots

that should work in my opinion, sry if i am wrong

Level 16
I did that, but sometimes, the dummy unit drops the wand for no reason.

Use this trigger, its very simple:
  • Item Drop Fix
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to YourDummy
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))

Level 7
Omg guys why do you just make 1000 combinations of the same thing. We showed him how to do it. He can use the item or he can use my idea to order via custom script. The problem is solved

Level 23
hm, i think if u dont want to use the wand adding thing mine is the most simple way because you dont have to know jass at all.... i hope you understood what i meant with the post?

if not, let me explain

we make the item ability a unit ability and add it to the dummy via trigger

since there is no 'order issue targeting a unit' for the wand ability, we have to change the order string id

we'll do that in object editor

change it to something like entangling roots

after that go to the trigger editor again and order the unit to cast

order issue targeting a unit -> keeper of the grove - entangling roots

that should work in my opinion, sry if i am wrong

Its not that easy I am afraid. It doesnt matter if you try to edit the orderstring in the ability editor data field. Since the string is linked to an orderId, and the orderId can not be changed for the unit, the string id will not be allowed to be changed as well.
The only spell which can do this is "Channel", but since you need the item illusions ability, pewpew.

Level 3
Another way of creating an image is by using a rune of image and giving it to the unit.

Level 7
Why rune of image? When u got a dummy with wand of illusions and use the script to order it to cast. Whats the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.