• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan vs Arthas (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Tharisfal does make alot of good points. (Thanks for supporting the idea that the Lich King was feeding Arthas Power). I belive Illidan was in WoW terms a Warrior mixed with some sort of magic being possibly a Warlock since his abilitys were more around the dark arts. I say this because although agility was his main stat his strength was quite high for someone of his class.

But in Lore terms I think he was a Warrior as well, he was never sneaking around killing enemies from behind. Illidan gets his hands dirty and hes ok with that. Illidan uses his magics because he can and it makes him more powerful and easier too defeat or control others, one thing he desires almost above everything.

Level 36
I disagree, Illidan uses primarily DEMON based magic... he is no warrior.... more of a roguish kinda dude. And no, the Lich King was not feeding him power.... he couldn't have been as he would need as much of it for himself as possible so as to keep himself alive. Arthas would have defeated Illidan much faster had the power feeding really been the case. And no frostmourne does not link the Lich King and Arthas. Frostmourne stole Arthas' soul and then drove him insane. Whilst on the brink of insanity, the Lich King contacted him and Arthas went all crazy and such then became a deathknight. But yes, they are bound. A good amount of Arthas' power (at the time) came from the Lich King, while still more from Frostmourne and then of course from his own.

Level 4
So Arthas without Frostmourne and all his other epic gear makes him pretty much a chump I assume?

Level 18
Ner'zhuls faithful orc warlocks became mangled and twisted and became the Liches you see in wc3. They were given the power of ice etc blah blah.

Actually, I beleive it was his Death Knights that became liches. Hences the similar abilities.

hahaha realistically speaking, they did make the twin blades of azzinoth and the staff of medivh...im guessing it is a possiblity that they make frostmourne....

The Twin Blades of Azzinoth are not obtainable in-game, at least so far. Also, if you can defeat him in the Black Temple, he is unlikely to drop them, as you don't actually kill him.

I think illidan just has magical abilties because hes not a mage,i mean a paladin has also magic the tauren chieftain has also magic.. every hero has a magic ability... magic wouldnt be that hard to learn in the world of warcraft otherwise not anyone could have magic abilities..right?

...Seriously, do some research, Illidan was one of the original Highborne's most powerful spellcasters, and even assumed leadership of the Moon Guard at one point.

And as for what Iliidan is, he started off as a Night Elf with massive druidic potential (Signified by his golden eyes), then became one of the Highborne's most powerful sorcerers, then had his eyes burnt out and replaced by magical vision and tattoos filled with potent fel energy engraved upon his skin by Sargeras, then consumed the Skull of Gul'dan, and now has undoubtedly grown stronger on the exotic magics of Outland.

I'm not sure who would win between the Lich King and Illidan, but it would likely be the Lich King. However, Illidan's army is superior to the Lich King's for two reasons:
1. Illidan has been steadily strengthening himself and his army in Outland, and has even created new Fel Orcs.
2. The Lich King's forces have been weakened as the Lich King did, and alot of his forces have now become the Forsaken, whom he must also contend with.

Level 36
I disagree on 2 points there, Shados.
One: The Twin Blades of Azinnoth ARE obtainable in game, just as long as you play on a Private Server or you are a GM, but the actual item is there, in the game.

Two: Size of army. I think that the Lich KIng's army is far, far greater. The Foresaken only represents a tiny faction, so I don't think he is worried. Plus, it's the same story, for every enemy he kills, a new soldier pops up on his end.

Level 36
I can confirm that the Twin Blades of Azinnoth have been in game since AT LEAST patch 1.02, because that's the version that the emu is, so all the private servers run patch 1.02, and I have obtained the blades on a private server. In terms of live servers they are only obtainable by Gm's. They are orange class in rareness BTW. I'd get screen shots for you all, but the server is down ATM.

Level 1
Hmm, personally i didn't read all 4 pages but i'd like to point out a few things.

1. Illidan isn't actually blind.

2. Illidan was a mage before his imprisonment, this was retconned.

3. Arthas was restored to full power before he began to assault the obelisk's to open the path to the frozen throne.

4. The dread lords were killed off by Sylvanas, Arthas only killed Mal'ganis.

5. Also, I'm pretty sure that the frozen throne was cracked when the Lich King thrust Frostmourne out of the throne so Arthas would find it, thus his power seeping from him, not because of Illidan trying to destroy the Lich King with the eye of Sargeras, however the eye of Sargeras may have increased the rate which the Lich King lost power.

6. Frostmourne does not allow the Lich King to communicate to Arthas, the Lich King can communicate to anyone he wishes via telepathy that's how he contacted Kel'Thuzad before he went evil.

7. Tharisfal, has some points however some are wrong Arthas is not a swordsman, he is a paladin turned death knight, paladins use holy magic.

8. Malfurion stopped Illidan from destroying the Lich King with the eye of Sargeras because the eye was doing a LOT more then just destroying the Lich King.

Status
Not open for further replies.