• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am having a H**l of a time trying to make a simple icon...

The icon began as a screenshot of a pixelated game (outpost2) and i took out the ground so i just had the unit left. (Im giving full credit to the game in my map, but i need the icon for the unit badly)

Then I saved it as a .TGA (24 bit compression) and used WCIR to make a btn and disbtn version of my icon.

Importing this tga into WE would render the icon split or invisible.

So i tryed renaming the icons i bordered, and the same thing happened when importing them, even causing WE to crash just by trying to use them as icons for units.

Next i tryed using WCIR to a btn and a disbtn again. Then i decided to convert the file to a .blp using Wc3 image extractor, but i was getting an error that the file was an unsupported compression type.

To solve this i took the bordered TGA files and saved them overthemselves to flatten them, only then would Wc3 image extractor allow me to convert them to .blps

Yet when i imported them into the editor I still couldn't see them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :infl_thumbs_up:

For now i will try using BMPs and using wc3 viewer to convert to blps instead.
EDIT: Figured it out, with no help from WCIR i used the photoshop icon layer to imbed the icon filters into a bmp, then converted using wc3 viewer and renamed by hand, but the other route is too buggy, atleast i got it working :)

Last edited:
Level 8
Just a few tips to handle with WCIR:

- Be sure you made a 64x64 bmp icon

- After you bordered it with WCIR, use Wc3 Viewer to convert bmp to blp

- Rename them to "BTNYourIconName" and "DISBTNblabla"

- import them in your map and enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.