• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

icon trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
ive read the tutorials on how to make your own icon but its not working. well heres what im doing. i take an icon thats already made and convert it to tga. i open the tga and paste my icon over it and save it as tga. i open it up in image extractor and save as a blp. i import it into the game using the normal filepath as the original i used didnt have a path either. for some reason my icon wont show up after i import. the original i pasted the new ones over works fine though. i can open the blp in image extractor and it works fine. all of them are 64x64 so that isnt the problem. any advice? well i imported the tga and it works, but i wanna save space and convert to blp.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Open the blp in Wc3Viewer, save as jpg, and then re-convert to blp, it gives the icon an alpha channel and it works in-game.

A little trick Wolverabid showed me.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The blp? And you don't mean Magos, correct?

Level 6
i dont remember which ones i have. i have the image extractor, the model viewer, and the model editor. it opens in the editor and the extractor but not in the model viewer.

Level 6
i already did. it opens but you dont see anything in the window. the blp i mean. everything else works fine. heres one of the files. im doing this for a request and i have a few more i have to do. if you figure it out let me know how you did it so i can finish the rest. these are not ripped from wow, i copied and pasted from allakhazam.com.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Try it now. If it doesn't work in-game, I'm at a loss here.

Attachments

• BloodfangHood.blp
    10.2 KB · Views: 65
Level 32
Chriz. probably followed (more or less) the same procedure that I did.
  1. Saved the .tga file that you posted.

2. Converted the file into a .jpg (I used Paint Shop Pro).
    • Here I also copied the file and added the DISBTN layer using Icon Layer for Photoshop.

3. Used Warcraft III Viewer to Convert Files > JPG -> BLP

From a "Mini-Tutorial" I once wrote:
...You'll need these tools:...

Level 6
ok thanks i got it now. i had to open the tga with the viewer and covert to blp and add an opaque alpha channel. when i converted to jpg first it made the icon a blueish tint. rep to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.