• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Iceborn

Which of the following options would be the most enjoyable for you?

• Long gameplay.

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • Complex ability interaction with each other.

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Abundance of ability special effects.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Astonishing feel and atmosphere, also a great storyline to follow.

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • More events where mind is put to the test and less of hack'n'slash.

Votes: 25 14.7%
  • Something else. (I would be thankful to be informed about it)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Checked AP's album and saw that its set to private album. Looks like only us on his friend list can see it.

12.jpg

Level 31
Thanks. :)

Was working whole day to develop the thread for the map section and it is finally completed, so I will just have to paste the code and it is ready to be uploaded on monday.

EDIT: 11 WIP pictures added to the first post. I removed almost all information from there, story, half of description, previous videos, screenshots as I planned to do.

Last edited:
Level 31
I don't want you guys to expect too much in case of disappointment, and I can not predict that. But of course I appreciate it. :)

And finally some illustrations of the storyline below. I strongly recommend reading the storyline which will be written in the thread of map so that player would have a firm grip to what is going on. Probably last update here. :)
162746-albums7255-picture82999.png

162746-albums7255-picture83000.png

162746-albums7255-picture83001.png

162746-albums7255-picture83002.png

162746-albums7255-picture83003.png

162746-albums7255-picture83004.png

Level 31
Thanks! :) No, they will not. These illustrations will only represent the storyline written in the map thread which will be made tomorrow. It illustrate the events BEFORE now, it shows past and so the story continues on the game. Of course it is hard to catch what's going on in each, but it represent a certain paragraph of text.

Level 31
Yes, these are made by me, of course the background environment art is taken from other art found around the internet. As for the robe, I wanted it to look more painting-like. :)

It is not something like if you didn't read the description, you would not get anything what's going on. Loading screen contains the short version of what is going to be told on the thread. Of course reading it expanded is a plus in terms of following the story and the information on thread contains no spoilers at all. :)

Level 31
Yeah, for people with lower internet speed going to be painful. Probably the most important thing is to make it worth downloading. I tried making the thread as much appealing as I could so now I just hope the game itself will prove to be as much appealing as the thread.

Level 7
Few minutes downloading this is pretty fast for me :p Probably I'll have to take 4-6 hours to download with my poor internet T^T

I really like the 2D art and just wonder how you did it.. :)

Level 31
You can calculate it right away since I suppose Hive doesn't restrict any download speed. Just divide the size of map by your KBs/sec download speed turned into MBs/sec. It would take me two minutes to download at home and 16 seconds at university. Yet uploading is a different subject, that is why I picked monday to upload, I'll be at university by then enabling me to upload in a minute or two.

It's pretty easy with GIMP, I just had to watch few several-minutes tutorials about certain subjects and the rest flew fluently. :)

Level 5
Will there be a new game + option?

Just discovered it on the day its supposed to be released... lucky me.

Level 1
Wow.... this is by far the most stunning map i have seen in recent years!

You have a few grammar mistakes in there but they are easy to ignore :) I havn't played it very far but what i saw from the landscape, the setting, the unitskins and the soundtrack is amazing!

Level 31
Thanks. :)

@FaLLeN
I believe it is mostly the amount of coding that takes it long to load and not much can be done here, but your main concern should be making sure people would want to download this kind of huge file. Even being 180 MBs people complain a lot and yours may be nearly 300 MBs, you must make it worth downloading.

Level 4
Yeah I know people have lost thier interest in WC3 sob... i wish Blizzard could have done something about it... A new patch or something... I tried beating the loading problem by importing all model to WarLocal.mpq ... it works great... thnx any new project you are part of.... and plz tell me varios tool you have used like i mainly use magos War3model, mdlvis, jassgen, blplab... auadcity ( plz tell me if you have any thing better )

just started using iceborn great... only map worth downloading after The Epic map: the chosen one... ..
you should write a jurnal on project development so others like me can read and understand tips and tricks of wc3

Long Live WC3 and hive....

Level 31
Hehe, thank you, FaLLeN. :) Yeah, this is sadly a dying game and the number of community is decreasing within every year. Not really something new with my tools, to addition to those you mentioned, I also used Wave Pad Sound Editor and Autodesk 3d Max. And I don't really know much tips are tricks. :)

Level 11
I voted "Something else."

Well, I know they don't really help that much statistically for your hero, but I like non-quest NPCs with realistic dialogs and they should react if you're powerful or something like that. You know like when they see you, they will be like "Woah he looks awesome" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.