• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Huorn (LOTR)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
"They still have voices, and can speak with the Ents – that is why they are called Huorns, Treebeard says – but they have become queer and wild. Dangerous. I should be terrified of meeting them, if there were no true Ents about to look after them."
- Peregrin Took

I thought I uploaded this model years ago, my bad!

This model uses all in-game textures.
(You'd be astonished how hard it is to find a good leaf texture)

Keywords:
LOTR, Lord, of, the, rings, War, Ring, Tolkien, Ent, Huorn, Walking, Tree, Treant, Elf, Elves, Elven, Fangorn, Mirkwood, Eryn, Lasgalen, Yavanna, Nature, Warrior, Monster

Changes:
- v1.0 (none)
Previews
Contents

Huorn (LOTR) (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Very well-made ent model. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 13
Very, very impressive (just looking at it in RMS), but honestly I'm a tiny bit saddened by the lack of a Portrait Talk, the camera might also be a tiny bit too close to the face but it might just be me. Props for making such a nice model.
This model uses all in-game textures.
What if... let's say some friend of mine wanted to turn this into a corrupted version and maybe tinker with the particles and some other minor things a bit, is that okay with you?

Is there a corrupted version of "ElwynnShrub01.blp" btw? Probably not 😅

Level 65
Very, very impressive (just looking at it in RMS), but honestly I'm a tiny bit saddened by the lack of a Portrait Talk, the camera might also be a tiny bit too close to the face but it might just be me. Props for making such a nice model.

What if... let's say some friend of mine wanted to turn this into a corrupted version and maybe tinker with the particles and some other minor things a bit, is that okay with you?

Is there a corrupted version of "ElwynnShrub01.blp" btw? Probably not 😅
I agree about the camera -- I'll probably zoom it out a bit.
Animation-wise I'm not really sure what a talking animation would look like for his mouth rig, I sort of lifted the idea that, like Night Elf ancients, it just makes plant noises.

I'm all for edits and new variants of models!
You and your friend have my permission to go nuts with any of the models; the community needs more stuff :)

I don't think there is a corrupted ElwynnShrub01.BLP, but you can tint it and pull some clever tricks with Geoset Animations and material types
(ghostly greenish purple for example)

Level 65
Love this great little Entish guy. Not sure I entirely get the glowing ring & faerie lights around him, but I appreciate the TC. Incredible what you are doing with in-game textures.
The original model it was based on had a team-coloured smoke with leaves blowing around the Huorn, but WC3's TC doesn't work like that :c

I tried a ring of billboarded TC Glow panels, but I could never get them spaced right and it ended up looking like a patchy dotted oval of glows

This (kinda clumsy) TC ring glow was my last hurrah at recreating the effect xD