• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to speed up a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How do I speed up a spell (the casting time already at 0) I need it to be fast since I use a unit that uses kaboom the spell that expodes the unit but I made the unit 1 hit death but I need to speed up the spell because i tested it and people can atk my unit before it reaches them.

Level 7
Umm I don't think so because for some reason my kaboom spell take 1-2 seconds when they reach there to explode

Level 7
I think that's hardcoded into the spell?
you might want to make a new dummy spell based on something else and trigger the damage yourself, for a more instant effect.

Level 7
Base the spell on a spell that targets a point, make the range like 25, then the rest should be pretty simple?

• Kaboomboom
  • Events
    • Unit - starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast = your kaboom
  • Actions
    • Unit - damage area dealing xxx damage over xxx distance
    • Unit - damage unit dealing 999999 damage-- you want this to be him hitting himself.
keep in mind this will damage nearby allies also. if you want to do it so it only hits enemies you'll need to use a unit group action.

OHH and you'll probably wanna add some big fancy shmancy explosions in there too.

Level 7
  • Unit Grouop - pick all units within 400 of triggering unit matching owner of matching unit owned by enemy of owner of triggering unit.
    • Actions
      • triggering unit damage picked unit for xxx damage

Level 7
unit group pick all units in group is an action.
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - pick all units within 400 of triggering unit matching owner of matching unit owned by enemy of owner of triggering unit.
      • Actions
        • Unit - Triggering unit damage picked unit for xxx damage
there cleaned it up for ye.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure the casting unit of the kaboom spell has a spell casting animation backwards swing/point of 0. Especially if it was based on the bloodmage or archmage this may be the problem as it acts as a direct delay for spells from casting order until effect so that a casting animation can reach a certain point.

If this does not help, try basing it on the other available suicide moves EG the goblin sapper's or the clockwork goblins one.

Status
Not open for further replies.