• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make this Explosion Mark bigger?

Level 3
Example in attachment. This is the Neutral Building Explosion from Spawned Effects. I want to make this explosion mark bigger. Increasing the size of special effect or attaching to a dummy and increasing its model size didn't work. Also if possible, I would only like this part by itself, without the explosion effect showing in the beginning. Thank you ahead of time if someone can point me the way or have a model already made similar to this!

Attachments

• explo.png
    explo.png
    510 KB · Views: 5
Level 41
as far as i know there is no way to scale the "splats"
they let you create them through triggers but not scale them
here is a 512x512 (twice as big as the one in your picture) plane with that crater texture, it quickly appears and then fades out over a minute
it should only be used over a completely flat terrain because it's not projected on it like splats
(you can rename the file to anything else)

Attachments

• bigcrater.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 4
Level 3
as far as i know there is no way to scale the "splats"
they let you create them through triggers but not scale them
here is a 512x512 (twice as big as the one in your picture) plane with that crater texture, it quickly appears and then fades out over a minute
it should only be used over a completely flat terrain because it's not projected on it like splats
(you can rename the file to anything else)
Been busy so I apologize for my late reply. Big thanks on lending me this file as I'm sure I can find a use for it on some of my custom spells. In addition to that, how would I go about increasing the size of this splat? Because I need a missive massive one. I'm talking around like 3,000 AOE haha :D

Level 41
Been busy so I apologize for my late reply. Big thanks on lending me this file as I'm sure I can find a use for it on some of my custom spells. In addition to that, how would I go about increasing the size of this splat? Because I need a missive massive one. I'm talking around like 3,000 AOE haha :D
get this thing
open the model
in the "inner window" there's little tabs View/Edit/Tracks/Model/Text, select Edit
there's three view windows Front/Bottom/Side, click into any of them and press Ctrl+A to select all
right-click (without moving your mouse) and pick Scale Type-in, and type 2 or 3 or however much you want in Scale X and Scale Y fields (Z is irrelevant here), it's 512x512 now so you'll need like 6 to get to 3000 and press OK
(it's gonna look like shit btw because the texture is small)
afterwards in the "outer window" there's File/Edit/Tools/View etc tabs, go to Edit, there's a Recalculate Extents option (or just press Ctrl+Shift+E), there's only one geoset so it doesn't matter what you pick there, just press Yes
save and you're done
i think that's it

Level 3
get this thing
open the model
in the "inner window" there's little tabs View/Edit/Tracks/Model/Text, select Edit
there's three view windows Front/Bottom/Side, click into any of them and press Ctrl+A to select all
right-click (without moving your mouse) and pick Scale Type-in, and type 2 or 3 or however much you want in Scale X and Scale Y fields (Z is irrelevant here), it's 512x512 now so you'll need like 6 to get to 3000 and press OK
(it's gonna look like shit btw because the texture is small)
afterwards in the "outer window" there's File/Edit/Tools/View etc tabs, go to Edit, there's a Recalculate Extents option (or just press Ctrl+Shift+E), there's only one geoset so it doesn't matter what you pick there, just press Yes
save and you're done
i think that's it
Ah alright. Thank you guiding my through the process so quick. Appreciate it a lot good sir!