• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How to make blizzard/rof without channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

What is the standard way to make spells like Blizzard or Rain of Fire without channel, e.g.

if a hero casts channeless Blizzard, it acts as a single cast AOE spell that does blizzard for the max number of waves (so the hero can move, cast other spells, etc., and stunning does not stop it unless they r stunned right as they cast it).

I don't think so.
The essence of a channeled ability is that a unit channels it, and thus must be occupied by that action.
I can only think of aura based abilities that are kind of channeled without actually being occupied by it.

So I don't think it's possible to make a Blizzard-like ability that keeps casting waves at a point while the caster moves away.

Status
Not open for further replies.