• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard problem (channel - not channel) 0,o?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, have a question :
i'm working on my map and i'm working on spells like : blizzard, rain of fire, earthquaqe and same... but i need this:
hero casts a spell like blizzard, and it stands while blizzard falls in waves... how to make a hero moving and casting other spells while blizzard falls and deals the same dmg and effect??? and how to make a effect on blizzard - to freeze (slows units in its aoe) like rain of fire - burns....? Ty 4 reporting :)

Level 3
To make Blizzard non-channeling, make two "blizzard" spells
then make the first one create 0 waves. then use a trigger to spawn a dummy unit with the second blizzard this one
with the appropriate wave/damage.
Then order the dummy unit to blizzard the location via the same trigger, and voila

Example:
  • Blizzard
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • Set LeakPointN = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at LeakPointN facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Archmage - Blizzard LeakPointN
      • Custom script: RemoveLocation(udg_LeakPointN)

Level 7
alright, I can offer a solution for the ladder. Simply create an buff which slows units, and add it to the buffs list of your ability.

/\
||
for the post above mine, if you aren't sure how to create a dummy unit:

Simply create a new peasant unit. Rename it "dummy unit." Change its model path to "blah blah" or something else which is invalid. Give it the "locust" ability. Viola! You've got your dummy unit!

Level 7
For dummy unit i also do the folowing:
Shadow image - none
Turn Rate - 3.00
movement - type- fly
food cost - 0
And give them much mana so that in case you forgot to set spell mana cast to 0 it still works

also give the dummy negative regen if you don't add expiration timer

Level 3
Okay... thank u u3.... :)
but 1 more question for negative regeneration... -> How to set it??? it always rewrites to zero (0)... for the same problems i used Phoenix because it has -25 HP reg... 0,o?
and is it the same way to do that minus for auras??? to get -5 armor or -10% movements....? i guess that are again triggers ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.