• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to determine the Z of an attachment point

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently face a problem with a model. I tried attaching stuff to it, but a model I used as an armor with the reference of "chest" appears on the head, while the reference of "head" appears under the jaw of the unit.

I tried to edit the Z of the respective attachment points, but they don't respond to my changes nor I know what Z to type there. How can I determine the proper height?

Level 51
You can try that out with particle emitters in magos.

Create (or use a default one) and play with it's x, y and z axis. That way you can easily see where you need to put it. Just copy the numbers to the attachment point.

If you don't know how you can edit these things, open a model in magos, go to node manager (at the windows tab), right click a particle emitter (or later the attachment point) and edit the values. It clearly shows x - y - z axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.