• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is ther an easy way to determine which bones are which?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm currently working on a blood elf - phoenix morph based on the druid of the talon model, but I am constantly frustrated because I don't know which parts of the models are attached to what bones. Is there an easy way to determine what bones are where? PLZ HELP ME T.T

I'm currently working on a blood elf - phoenix morph based on the druid of the talon model, but I am constantly frustrated because I don't know which parts of the models are attached to what bones. Is there an easy way to determine what bones are where? PLZ HELP ME T.T

In VM, look for 'View assigned vertices'.

Open a model. Then go to tools -> Vertex group of selection (vertices must be selected). This will show you which matrices are named as which bones, therefore you have to go to tools -> view matrices. This will give you the assignments on bones to matrices. To look up which bones is which number, you have to look for the bone's ObjectId. Best thing to do so would be using notepad opening a mdl not a mdx.

Status
Not open for further replies.