• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How To Create A Hero Tavern

Level 2
Hi to all, i'm new ^^

First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian :p

Congratulations for your coll tut, but I don't have the voice that you selected in the Gameplay - Constant (my worldeditor is in italian).

How can I add the hero to the game constant if I can't find the string? :(

Level 2
There's the whole windows of the Costant - Gameplay.

Attachments

• TFT1.png
    TFT1.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 147
  • TFT2.png
    TFT2.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 150
  • TFT3.png
    TFT3.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 148
Mmm, no problem pandarian, we already fixed Larhalt's problem when i spoke with him by msn a few days ago.
About your problem, it is now complicated.
I don't know how to do it yet, but i shall teach you how to do it once i find time to.

EDIT
I am sorry to say i don't have time to update the tutorial neither to help you as i would like to.
However, you may like to see this template, i am sure it will help

View attachment DotaTemplate1.0.w3x

Last edited:
Level 2
WOW! This tutorial was really helpful! I have just 1 question. Why do we have to do this "Now that our hero is done, we have to add him to the Gameplay Constants in order to make the computer accept this new created unit as a Hero one. "? Would it be the same if I just make it a hero in the stats place? Instead of the Gameplay Constants? and How do I make the hero available on a set time? (the cooldown it has at the start)

Would it be the same if I just make it a hero in the stats place? Instead of the Gameplay Constants? and How do I make the hero available on a set time? (the cooldown it has at the start)
We have to do this to prevent allow you to have things like tier2 tier3 and so on and to allow only 1 hero of a type.
ABut the second question just look into the object editor. Your hero will have a field about Stock replenish and Start delay.
Btw +rep is always appreciated =P

Last edited:
Level 2
and the event would be me buying the unit? but what if there are lots of heroes and lots of players? would the code just be the same? o.o?

and the event would be me buying the unit? but what if there are lots of heroes and lots of players? would the code just be the same? o.o?
MMMmmm you are confused, try this code:

• Remove Unit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Remove Footman from all marketplaces
When the tavern sells the unit, we remove the sold unit from all taverns. Easy =)

Ok I have a lots of people with this question, so here is a very simple answer you all can use.

Question:
Hey I think your Tavern Tutorial was great it helped me alot in making my new map. But do you know how to make so that if like Player 1 buy a unit it get teleported to player 1's base and if player 2 buy a unit it get teleported to player 2's base

• Buy Unit
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Sold unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of (Player1Region))
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Center of (Player1Region)) over 2.00 seconds
About:
Now tell me how do I make it so there is no 'capital' building or lets say (peons) around where I set my starting points?
Please explain your idea better and in a decent way here, so all can benefit from the experience.

Hope it helps you guys =)

Level 9
Hero Transfer is wrong

You can do this as an alternative hero moving trigger:
Just create a region that covers the hero tavern and do this-
=========================================================
event
a unit enters region
condition
none
Action
if owner of entering unit is equals to allies of player (scourge/sentinel/etc), move entering unit to region (hero starting point/like in dota) else do nothing.
I highly recommend this trigger if you want to have your map an Allpick command or repick.

You can do this as an alternative hero moving trigger:
Just create a region that covers the hero tavern and do this-
event
a unit enters region
condition
none
Action
if owner of entering unit is equals to allies of player (scourge/sentinel/etc), move entering unit to region (hero starting point/like in dota) else do nothing.
I highly recommend this trigger if you want to have your map an Allpick command or repick.
I could do that, but that way we wouldn't have circles.
You also can have allpic and repick options with my code if you use your brains.
Still, my hero transfer DOES WORK, however remember that this is coding, there are several ways of achieving the same purpose.

Level 1
I am in general, quite new to the use of the world editor. Even though ive been able to create decent maps using techniques such as taverns they havent seen to come out good enough. My problem was using regions and triggers. This tutorial has helped me alot and so i congratulate you for helping me as well as others learn to make succesful maps. I have recently found this site and so all im wondering now is how i can make the heroes hold items and such (weapons) ive been able to find the vast list of custom items and heroes that were posted but i am having trouble with importing and using them.

Once again i congratulate mr phoenix for this tutorial and since i know not where to put this post, hopefully someone can redirect me to other tutorials? :D thanx

Level 1
I have a question, whenever I make a hero (example: a ninja) and put it into a tavern, when I buy that ninja hero, unlike other heroes, I can buy as many ninja heroes as I wanted like a unit. How can I limit the number ninja heroes I can buy?

Level 2
Thanks a whole lot, Phoenix. I didn't knew how to make a useful set of triggers on my map, and i circled around it with lots of useless triggers. :eek:
+repped o/

If you could also add how to remove units from being bought in a tavern after all players got theirs, would be good.

Level 4
Hm For the Hero Chooser Unit trigger.. usually this works doesnt it?

Actions
- Map Initialization
Condiitions
- Player slot (player 1 red) equal to playing
Actions
- Create 1 Hero Chooser Unit for Player 1 Red at (Center of(Region))

That seems better doesnt it?
But anyway thats my Opinion,

Nice tutoriall aswell

Actions
- Map Initialization
Condiitions
- Player slot (player 1 red) equal to playing
Actions
- Create 1 Hero Chooser Unit for Player 1 Red at (Center of(Region))
Actually it is impossible to work, because you have 2 times actions, and in GUI you can only have it 1 time.
If it is an event, it may work in fact =P

Nice tutorial as well
Thx =D

Level 8
1 question: how do you remove the unit you bought from the tavern? so you cant buy the hero again, (removes their picture from the tavern)

Level 8
I was thinking it should be something like that, but ive never seen that trigger before. I was looking in Unit - Remove but that just totally removes them from the game :hohum: xD
Thx.
Ah but is there a way you could put it so you dont have to refer to the unit? Like:
  • Hero sell GOOD TAVERN
    • Events
      • Unit - Heroes (Good) 0036 <gen> Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to Heroes (Good)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of good spawn <gen>)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Buying unit)) to (Center of good spawn <gen>) over 1.00 seconds
      • Neutral Building - Remove (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) from all marketplaces
But that doesnt work, i dont know what im doing wrong
Edit: You should put that in your tutorial

Level 8
Thx :)
Edit: It doesnt work :sigh:
I cant find your "Remove sold unit from all marketplaces"
I can only find Neutral Building - Remove (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) from all marketplaces
Even if i put a Paladin for sale, even Neutral Building - Remove Paladin from all marketplaces doesnt remove it if i buy it?

Thx :)
Edit: It doesnt work :sigh:
I cant find your "Remove sold unit from all marketplaces"
I can only find Neutral Building - Remove (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) from all marketplaces
Even if i put a Paladin for sale, even Neutral Building - Remove Paladin from all marketplaces doesnt remove it if i buy it?

Mmm, that seems odd it doesn't work as it should.
Ok I made a few tests, and I can assure that the following trigger works for the player that buys the unit:

• Hero sell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to My Tavern
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Buying unit) from the game
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of Place of hero <gen>)
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Sold unit))
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Buying unit)) to (Center of Place of hero <gen>) over 2.00 seconds
      • -------- Creating The Gryphon and the Text --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Gryphon Rider for (Owner of (Sold unit)) at (Center of Place of hero <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: Congratulations !!!...
In this case the player that buys the unit is unable to buy that unit again. You can easily change the trigger to work to all players.
Sorry about the previous trigger, I was convinced it would work =S

Here is the new test map.

Attachments

• Tarvern's Tutorial.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 117
Level 8
Ok, ill try that in a few mins.
Edit: I did it, and changed it to this:
  • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Number of players in (All players))))
That works doesnt it? Thats the closest thing i could find to All Players :p
I have no testers, but it works for player 1 so i think it would work for all others.

Last edited:
  • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Number of players in (All players))))
That is odd that shouldn't work ... My advise would be to make it like this:
  • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player 1)
  • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Player 2)
  • Comment - until all players are here
GUI is a mystery sometimes, which reminds me why I evolved to Jass =P
Anyway, I am glad I could help.

Level 1
Very well done tutorial,I appreciate what you have done and thank you for taking your time for making such a good tutorial...thnx man!!!

Level 1
I THANK YOU FOR THIS TUTORIAL!

this will really help me with my arena map... it was made very well... apart from the picture part... the computer i am on cannot see the pictures... might just be that i am on a school computer...