• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make a customized Tech Tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do you make a customized Tech Tree? I am making a Warcraft map that involves 5 races to choose from but the problem that i am having is, how do you make the Tech trees. I have made some units all ready and i will most likely be fine with everything else but my main problem is currently stopping me from completing my map. can anyone help me?

Level 8
well that depends witch tech tree you mean, it can be ttthe UPPGRADE TREE witch is maded with object editor(choose a building and then go down at the verry bottom and change the building upgrade to) or there can be witch units thats avalible to build(it can be maded by triggers and uppgrades like Orc´s berserker uppgrade) so please be more specific!

Level 2
sorry this was my first time posting. well i am making a map basically it's a ladder/melee/ ranking map, (what ever you guys like to call it, everyone calls it something different.) Anyway it is a map like that except the races are not the standard warcraft 3 races and the units,heroes,items,shops,ect.. are changed.
anyway i think you answered my question so i will use OE.
i am starting from scratch to create this new tech tree, the only bad thing is I'm not to "familiar" with triggers and jass i hope all goes well. ^_^

Level 2
sorry for double posting i couldn't find the edit button.
i also noticed that after i make the custom units i cannot place them in a tech tree.-Example: how a town hall has the "ability" to produce pesants
The units that i am making need to be a different race so, i cannot just place some custom units in night elf for example.

Level 12
Teh stuff it takes to build. I probably spelled it wrong, Im not a great speller. A Cannon Towers prerequisite is you need a workshop, I believe. So to build a cannon tower, you need a workshop. That stuff is in teh bottom of the unit's data, by the naem and stuff. Its called "requirements".

Status
Not open for further replies.