• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to connect tech levels with abilitys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Entries missing in WorldEditor

So im working with the editor for a while now, still there is one thing i didn't get yet:

How do i create my own tech levels that work like flare for mortar teams. For example: you research a tech-type with the name multishot which than enables a ability for towers called multishot, which was not enabled before.

I created the ability, i created the tech-type. But how do i connect them now? Do i need triggers, cause it doesent work with custom abilities?

Thank you

Last edited:
Level 20
Are you sure it is not there?
aaaaaaa.jpg

Level 12
Press control + f and search for "areq" and "arqa" without quotes from ability settings.

Level 8
@above: I'd really like to have the like-post function now :D

Can someone send me a copy of the english editor.exe via pm? i litteraly have no idea what else could cause the problem since i reinstalled wc3 so the editor should be untouched, but it still doesent show up.

Last edited:
Level 30
Compared mine with your OE and yes, you are really missing the Techtree - Requirements. It might be your WE is not updated or is an old version. Its far too impossible for this to happen unless your WE is old or maybe also you've altered some things in your Warcraft and corrupted MPQ possibly.

Level 8
Compared mine with your OE and yes, you are really missing the Techtree - Requirements. It might be your WE is not updated or is an old version. Its far too impossible for this to happen unless your WE is old or maybe also you've altered some things in your Warcraft and corrupted MPQ possibly.

Well, thats what i thought too. But i reinstalled the game from the blizzard homepage. So this is the most unmodiefied version of the game i could ever get.

Level 30
You should always download it through CD and must be original. Not saying that the Blizzard Homepage's is fake but always remember to Download from the CD that is original.

Original CD of Warcraft 3 provides you advantage and I am very sure it has no missing files or anything.

Level 8
Okay problem solved. If anyone gets in trouble with the same stuff i did, here is the solution:

it's windows vista. You have to run cmd.exe as admin, than enter
net user Administrator /active:yes
than logout and login as admin again

i have litterally no idea how just this 3 techtree entries could be affected by it, but i don't even want to know anymore o_O .

any mod, please mark this as [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.