• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i get star wars empire at war forces of corruption to connect on lan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
i have asked on the petroglyph forums but they dont exactly get a lot of traffic. the regular game works perfectly on lan but the expansion doesnt work at all. i tried a clean install but that didnt help then i installed the patch but that didnt help either. the player cant see each others in the lobby or anything. i dont have the slightest idea what is wrong. please help.

Level 3
What does happen? Can't you connect? Does it connect and D/C? Is the package corrupt? Please give a little more hints since i can't really help you.

Level 3
i told in the first post in this topic that i had installed the patch. my firewall started up again after a reboot. i couldnt add the game to the exception list so i turned the firewall off but the problem remains the same.

Do you really have no other hints then your firewall? It could be 100reasons.

Level 11
but you refuse to listen.
:eekani:

Just a though: why don't you install an older OS, maybe Win98 or something, since all these games are really old, and you'll always run into compability and/or other issues when trying to run them in more modern environments, like Vista.

Level 22
Have you ever considered from your tons of games contacting the support? Lots of problems could be game-specific and their support could tell you the best, if you own their products that is. Ok you're beyond help. Something just compelled me to post, that's enough.

Last edited:
Level 11
Then send a mail to them. The fact that there is no support for your country probably means that they cannot offer help in your language, not that they will not help people outside the US.

Level 51
Certain websites. I guess it is you how are the problem really. As I posted in your other thread, go into another computer tech/star wars-freak fan site/pc shop/service or somewhere else. But please, as you see we can't help you in your "nothing works for me I refuse to listen to anything because I know it better"-phase, leave us alone.

Level 34
Certain websites. I guess it is you how are the problem really. As I posted in your other thread, go into another computer tech/star wars-freak fan site/pc shop/service or somewhere else. But please, as you see we can't help you in your "nothing works for me I refuse to listen to anything because I know it better"-phase, leave us alone.
He can post threads, it's up to you to read them. Simply stop posting if you don't want to help.

Level 51
See, I want to help him. I tried it several times, by linking him to helpful guides in the internet, refering to other helpful posts he ignored etc.

But know, as he still keeps to not listen to us, the only way we can help him is to make him go to another side in the web where he

a) trusts the people more
b) people with more knowledge are

See? I don't want him to leave because I don't like him or something, I really want to help him.

Level 11
the regular game works perfectly on lan but the expansion doesnt work at all.

i dont want to play the game online nor do i have enough cd keys for that. the game is perfectly capable of lan play.

jackie-chan-wtf.png

So, the game "does not work on lan", but it "works on lan", even though "you don't want to play online".
k.

Level 11
"Trolling The act of posting inflammatory messages is not permitted. Trolls will be severely punished." <-- actual HW rule. This, of course, doesn't help you with your problem, so here's a couple of links.

LAN troubleshooting #1
LAN troubleshooting #2
Your problem's solution

Also (I'm writing this in huge letters to ensure that you read it. I've noticed that you tend to miss whole paragraphs in posts),

Try what other people post before rejecting their solution beforehand, especially when you have NO knowledge of what they're talking about.

Level 21
i might try to use the same username on both pcs and possibly other solutions on that website. as for the third link on your list: that is for people that cant start the game rather than lan based and i dont have problems running the game. i dont troll. many of the solutions posted in this topic is solutions i have already tried.

Level 15
Hey uh Kercyn, if you go to the last page on that forum post they talk about how the patch from Lucas Arts fixes that without editing the XML :/

First two links are good though, FOLLOW THEM.

Give us a goddamn screenshot from inside the LAN lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.