• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can create this spell ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Again hi guys.

I have a problem
I want create spell like this:

If hero have this spell , every time 4th attack , get bonus attack damage for 3rd.

Hero has 7 seconds for complete this 4th attack for get bonus attack damage but hero can keep bonus attack damage forever.

If hero have this spell , every time 4th attack , get bonus attack damage for 3rd.

That seems tricky, since that bonus attack damage has to be defined/handled by a bonus damage system first. Once you got that system down and working, you'll just wait for another damage instance using a timer. When the timer hasn't expired yet, and the hero attacks for the fourth time, the bonus damage will be saved via variable or mapped hashtable.

Level 2
There is no way to make it with Trigger ???
Because I have not this program for type Code Java script........

I want create this spell with Trigger .....

There is a way. But first, I would like to ask, what kind of damage detection system do you have, if any? I'll write a link to one, if not having any.

DDS

The other system, the Bonus Damage modification system, requires that you make a lot of abilities specifically for that system, and handled only by that system.

After you've gotten your damage detection system and the Bonus Damage Modification system, you would want to catch when a Hero attacks. Check if the level of the specific ability of the Hero is not zero; if it is, map out an instance for the unit.

Here's the idea:

• If - If (Conditions), then do (Then Actions), else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • Load 0 of Key(Damage Source variable) from HASH_VARIABLE equal to 3
    • Then - Actions
      • If - If (Conditions), then do (Then Actions), else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • // This part is when the unit's attack is still fresh, before seven seconds have elapsed/
          • Load 1 of Key(Damage Source variable) from HASH_VARIABLE equal to true
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom Script - someCodeHere() // Arbitrary
        • Else - Actions
      • Hashtable - Save 0 as 0 of Key(Damage Source variable) in HASH_VARIABLE
    • Else
      • Hashtable - Save (Load 0 of Key(Damage Source variable) from HASH_VARIABLE) + 1 as 0 of Key(Damage Source variable) in HASH_VARIABLE
For the someCodeHere part, look for a function that adds bonus damage (look at your own Bonus Damage Modification system's API) and apply the bonus.

Level 2
Critical Damage.PNG

Level 2
I made it but I do not know how to complete it ....... i mean ,, i cant :(:(:(

Anyway , this trigger working but this is abnormal working and i dont know, how can create trigger for Time out duration.
If you remember, I wanted to make it :

{{If hero have this spell , every time 4th attack , get bonus attack damage for 3rd.

Hero has 7 seconds for complete this 4th attack for get bonus attack damage but hero can keep bonus attack damage forever}}

But this one works unnaturally, and I do not know how I can fix it Because when Hero attacking someone , first damage from my trigger and then after 0.01 or 0.05 (s) second damage from hero attacking hit hero attacked,
And this is very unnatural
is not it?

(sorry for bad english..........)

You need to index after attack, assigning it to the attacking unit. Let each indexed element expire after <duration>, and in case one unit reaches the amount of 4 indexed elements at same time, some value has to be attache to the unit, making it clear it's assigned for dealing extra damage. (not sure I understood it correctly with 3rd attack bonus, but something like this should be probably the concept)

There are several tequniques that are required to be known:
Visualize: Dynamic Indexing
MUI Spells Using Artificial Waits

^Maybe not very simple to master instantly, but important to know.

Level 19
Again hi guys.

I have a problem
I want create spell like this:

Hero has 7 seconds for complete this 4th attack for get bonus attack damage but hero can keep bonus attack damage forever.
the
simplest solution is to use the already existing firelord's passive ability which accumulates damage. you could configure it to build up damage to match your requirements

I believe at the moment it is a times system, doubling the damage every hit. if you start with a fraction you could accumulate 1 fourth until you get a fourth resulting in a damage bonus

good luck ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.