• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How about a Spell Contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I was thinking a spell contest where you get a blank map create some Dummy units, show off some spells. You know any sorta spell would work

THEME--> ANYTHING

any original spells you can come up, spells that fit together with the hero will increase points

RULES/REQUIRMENTS

Rule#1 All Spells must be made "after" the contest begins

Rule#2 All spells must be made alone and not with another user/person

Rule#3 All submissions must be made "before" the end of the contest ( date to be determined if this contest is accepted)

Rule#4 Hero may only have 4 spells

Rule#5 There is not a limit to passive, ultimates and regular spells as long as you have less than 4 spells in total

Rule#6 Custom models, icons and other things are aloud but will not count for judging

Rule#7 Map may contain anything you want but points will not be added for Map, Terrain etc.

Rule#8 only 1 hero is permitted

Rule#9 if you use any models, icons etc. please give credit to the person/people who made it( Don't want anyone left out)
Criteria

Each criteria will be thought about when judging

Criteria#1 Creativity, did you just take normal wcIII spells and change names, were there any special effects involved?

Criteria#2 Did you stick to say a topic/theme or were there a random assortment of spells?

Criteria#3how well did the spells fit in with your hero? elemental hero with time spells won't help for points

Criteria#4 Were the spells just randomly thrown together or did you put thought into them

Criteria#5 How about the creativity of your hero?

Criteria#6 If you were too use the spells in an actual game would the spells be balanced, or would they kill everything in one hit? (more points if they are more balanced)

JUDGING

-
-
-
Any site admin or moderators etc that wanna judge if this is accepted, plus i will judge I want three judges

Judges will give out a maximum of 40 points to contestants and we shall have a poll for the other 60 points

PRIZES

1st place ---> To Be Determined
2nd place ---> To Be Determined
3rd place ---> To Be Determined

Hope you all join (if this is accepted)

Level 7
Neo, my friend, I believe that the Hive has already and does have a spell contest ... I think ... this is probably pointless as there is probably no moderator and/or admin that will be a judge here :bored:.

However, I love how you arranged everything its a nice touch actually. Good job. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 1
Meh i was just thinkin so because thee main thing i am really good at in WE is spells i thought alot of other people were the same some people you don't understand WE as much as others so yah plus never hurts to try :D

Level 1
i think it was me.....

o well w/e I didn't really look at the hero/ zephyr contests because they were almost done sooooooo yeah....

I just got the idea because i am useless with WE but i can make really good spells. I made one spell where the hero shoots pure light at enemies and it looks so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.