• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Dungeon Making Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Dungeon Making Contest

Contents
Rules
  • Nothing should violate the Hive's Rules.
  • 3rd party programs will be allowed.
  • You can not use the Ultimate Terraining Map.
  • No imports into your map except custom icons made by yourself.
  • No contestant will be allowed to use a map from any other contest.
  • All submissions should be turned in by the deadline date.

Requirements
  • One Boss Battle
  • One Custom Hero with Custom Spells

Criteria

CriteriaDescription
TerrainHow good your terrain is and how it goes with your setting.
VarietyIf there are different creeps instead of one creep the whole entire dungeon.
BalancingWas it to hard to beat?
BuglessWas there any glitches?
CreativityWas your dungeon creative or was it another blizzard made one?
Boss BattleHow balanced was it? How creative was it?
The entries will be marked with 60% judging, 40% public poll. Once the deadline has been reached, all entries submitted into the contest will be marked, and a public poll opened.

Deadline
The deadline for the contest will be (Not decided).

Prizes
Below is a list of all the prizes that will be awarded for this contest.

Awards

1st. 40 reputation points, and an unique award icon.
2nd. 20 reputation points.
3rd. 10 reputation points.
All of the winners will receive their prizes once the judging is completed.

Contestants
If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Contestant NameEntry Name

Last edited:
Level 10
Yeah, go ahead. You think I should put in requirements:
Must Have Rescuable Units?

It's not necessary to have it as a requirement. I just thought, some people may find it boring to just play with a Hero through a whole map, and it could be fun with some additional units when fighting. But at the boss battle I think the Hero should be alone against the boss, or that depends on if the boss have units that helps him too :p

Level 6
Think it over!
Its not necessary to have units or even rescueable units, you can use only a simple hero, and there can be quests, or something, when NPCs join your fight:)

and in addition: i think the dungeon might be much more interesting if its like an RPG dungeon (but alone) than something like warchasers. There should be an entrance with some vendor and questgiver NPCs, and many ways to go, some bosses, special items, even sets!
Id be happy if this contest will be hosted :))

Level 5
Think it over!
Its not necessary to have units or even rescueable units, you can use only a simple hero, and there can be quests, or something, when NPCs join your fight:)

and in addition: i think the dungeon might be much more interesting if its like an RPG dungeon (but alone) than something like warchasers. There should be an entrance with some vendor and questgiver NPCs, and many ways to go, some bosses, special items, even sets!
Id be happy if this contest will be hosted :))
Thanks for agreeing with me. :wink:

Level 24
This is a good idea for a contest, and if it is made I would be interested in joining this, since I haven't really been able to join a map making contest here at hive yet. And with holidays coming up soon I should have heaps of time. My only suggestion with the rules would be this.

• No contestant will be allowed to use a map from any other contest.

Just to make it absolutely clear I would change that rule to no contestants may use a map started before the contest, not just from another contest.

Level 24
Yeah one can understand that finding a judge for half a dozen maps who needs to in-depth review all of them, and keeping the same standard at each and every review to make it fair. Anyways I do hope that this get's hosted. If I find a partner, i'm sure to be one of the contestants.

Level 24
Its going to be hard to find a judge for any mapping contest, as they do take a long time to judge, and a lot of work, so I think that this contest should go ahead whether there is a judge or not. A public poll will do just fine if there isn't a judge.

I don't wake up at 8:00 in the morning on a Saturday, be patient. Anyways, I'll see if I can get this hosted today. I have a lot of work to do and this isn't exactly on the top of my priorities.

Anyways, I've had a bunch of homework and studying to do throughout the week and that's got me behind on hosting this. So I will have to delay it until 9/22/08.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.