• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted Project of the Year 2009 (and 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I know it's a bit late, but I have had other stuff to do so I did not get around to do this earlier.

The hosted project of the year 2009 award goes to... Diablo III Warcraft! For being an unique, active project not to mention excellent piece of art of 2009. So congratulations to them :)

The hosted project of the year 2008 award was never handed out (I don't know why). But after looking back at that year, I have decided that the award should go to Warcraft III World of Warcraft for being an unique, beautiful project and also a great game.

Level 1
CloudWolf and every one else on the team deserved it fully! Congrats!
I can't wait for them to add Tyreal as a final Boss again! *sigh*
...On the other hand...I think I might see some "Gaia" in this year's "Hosted Project of the Year" award... *hint hint*

Level 25
Theres already discussion over at Udmod.com the D3W team plans on taking '10 too.

Well now that I know such a contest exists, Wc3:WoW has similar plans. :wink:

Though to be honest, a lot of development progress will stretch throughout Wc3:WoW. Total recoded triggers, much more improved gameplay and smoothness, and of course it will look a lot more like World of Warcraft... so watch out 2010 projects, here we come! :smile:

Level 18
It's funny though because I doubt any other projects were even considered. ::COUGH COUGH::. This was surely over popularity alone. D3W is a great mod, don't get me wrong. I just doubt this award means much.

Actually, I think I'm just more annoyed over W3:WoW winning 2008's award considering the project has been and never will be finished.

Congrats.

We all know whos gona win next year... Looks at self. :)

Good luck biatch ;)

It's funny though because I doubt any other projects were even considered. ::COUGH COUGH::. This was surely over popularity alone. D3W is a great mod, don't get me wrong. I just doubt this award means much.

Actually, I think I'm just more annoyed over W3:WoW winning 2008's award considering the project has been and never will be finished.

Good luck biatch ;)

Its just for the hosted projects so there are only a few projects that were considered right?

And I don't think War3:WoW will never be finished unless they will always release new updates (finished for me means there would be no more improvements or updates) but still it would reach the part where it will be fully playable.

Level 6
Congratz Diablo III: Warcraft! You deserve this award for having a monster amount of downloads! I really hope that maybe even blizzard helps you out more with this mod for Wc3, because you really deserve it.

Oh, and congratz Wc3:WoW, the best campaign for wc3 EVAR.

Level 17
Wow :O
I didnt even knew that there was an award like this. :)
Im more happy for Craka_J then myself, becouse i have always been a big fan of wc3:wow, not to mention that it was becouse of that map that i started with wc3 modding again. :D

2010.. stares at TKoK..

Last edited:
Nothing against D3W .. but - there's no public poll?
(On Moddb.com there was a great voting for 2009)

We don't do public polls for these sorts of awards since a lot of the time the staff is more aware of what they've done that the general userbase might not be aware of.

Level 18
Great decision. ive played D3W and id have to say it was pretty awsome.

as for WC3 WOW, i want to play it SOOO bad, so i cant wait till its finnally devoloped. they have had their highs and their lows and they have gone a long way from the OLD Wc3 WOW, so i congrajulate them

Level 17
Or perhaps the staff knows more that we let on.
No, you guys suck.

The hosted project of the year 2008 award was never handed out (I don't know why). But after looking back at that year, I have decided that the award should go to Warcraft III World of Warcraft for being an unique, beautiful project and also a great game.
A project that has accomplished nothing shouldn't even be considered a candidate for an award.

Status
Not open for further replies.