• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive dota tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I'll join

edit: Nevermind it's dota 1, sorry guys but every dota player already switched to dota 2 and going back to playing dota 1 is not going to be something anyone will want to do.

If this was true, then all those dota 1 related websites and clients wouldn't exist anymore. However they do. Besides, why not? If you're on this forum, that means you also play wc3 maps. And dota 1 is a wc3 map

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

So, in an effort to get things moving, here's the next thing we'll need to think about doing:

You'll need to collect and randomise everyone into teams, and then from there I can recommend Toornament as a free and useful service.

Awesome, thanks. I'm gonna Random Lists to randomize the people into random teams if we're gonna start as random teams.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

There would hopefully be more of these in the future, so I'm sticking this one out. But I'm still subscribing to see what goes down :3

And wow I first read it as 'Data' tournament and I was like, 'woah wtf hahahaha'

We can't say for sure. But sounds probable

Right, I say dota but I really mean "data mining". Its a secret pshh, don't tell anyone. :p

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

How many teams are we expecting? :D

Atleast 2. That's 10 ppl. Then we play as random teams. I'd expect atleast 3 games.

Also, from the 16 people that said they wanted to play, only 9 have confirmed so far.

So I'm waiting for each of them to reply back or atleast 1 more.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

So we're 11 ppl now. Might be a good time to schedule the first game matches for this weekend. What do you think?

I'm leaving a 10-20% ratio that someone won't be able to come, but incase everyone does I will spectate / record
instead of play.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
So we're 11 ppl now. Might be a good time to schedule the first game matches for this weekend. What do you think?

I'm leaving a 10-20% ratio that someone won't be able to come, but incase everyone does I will spectate / record
instead of play.

Depending on the time, I'm good - also I'm more than happy to record as my skill's pretty lacking, should everyone turn up.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Okay then, let's discuss time.

I am in UTC+1 and I'd be most comfortable after 6pm.

Write your time zones so that we can work something out.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Since there are so many different timezones and times people want to play at, let's organize our answers in a clearer style.

1. Preferred Day:

a. Saturday
b. Sunday

2. Preferred Playime:

a. Evening (6pm - 9pm)
b. Late Evening (9pm - 12pm)
c. Night (12pm+)

3. Game Version to Play:

a. Latest Dota Map
b. Specific (write your preferred version)

[E]clipse;2776554 said:
I wish i could join... broken PC... :( and exams on my head !! :(

O well hope to see you someday!

I guess I will join this.
It's time to unleash my Geomancer skillzz ;)

Can I add you to the players list on the main page?
Also: challenge accepted!

What version of Dota map is planned to play?

Changed your mind about playing? Cuz I remember you said you'd only play dota 2.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Sentrywiz, I think it would also be helpful for everyone to talk in GMT/UTC 0, rather than all our separate time-zones.

Hm, you may be right. Though its more important to know when everyone prefers to play rather than a timezone

there was a 6.85 released by one of the former developers(I think he is one because his name rings a bell when I have read it, tho i forgot his name)

Sadly, the new items are not added(because of Wc3's limit) but they added some new game mechanics(right-click deny, right-clicking runes with empty bottle automatically refills it, redeeming gold from recently bought items, etc.)

Level 30
6.83d is the version we'll all want.

I wouldn't want to play something that isn't officially released on GetDotA.com
It might be beta testing, or it might be a hacker re-creating the map and getting his own "fixes" about, which I think is more to be true.

For my GMT zones, anything works. I'm +1 but I generally have no sleeping habit these days due to my baby growing her teeth up, so I can pick whatever time I want :)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Guys I'm not as online as of late and not really interested in this anymore. It might be because I'm very busy irl as of late, trying to find a decent job + attending mandatory seminars and workshops nearly 8 hours a day. So I'm not in the mood for organizing dota events when I haven't played dota for nearly a month now.

Maybe once the dust settles and I'm back in the routine life I might help out but I can't right now. So I'll be happy to give this thread and all hive dota related threads to someone who wants to organize this (if its possible through admin / moderator). PM me if you want to organize this and possibly all future hive dota events.

I will still be available to play on weekends. I am UTC+1

Level 18
6.83d is the version we'll all want.

I wouldn't want to play something that isn't officially released on GetDotA.com
It might be beta testing, or it might be a hacker re-creating the map and getting his own "fixes" about, which I think is more to be true.

For my GMT zones, anything works. I'm +1 but I generally have no sleeping habit these days due to my baby growing her teeth up, so I can pick whatever time I want :)

6.84 was released but then shortly removed from getdota because it was filled with bugs, the warcraft 3 engine reached it's limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.