• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Heroes Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Heroes Rise

Intro

Heroes Rise is a Tug of War type game that focuses on the hero you choose. An idea I got years ago from one of the original cinematic that had waves of units running into each other for a massive fight.

This project was started a long time ago but I never had time to continue it and was forgotten. Now, this is my most worked on map ever and I hope the time, effort, and fun I've had can be shared.

Gameplay

Like the cinematic I was talking about, there are waves of units spawning and crossing the landscape to fight. While there is no objective other than killing units and reducing the enemies troop count to zero.

In this, you and your hero change the course of the battle. With good micro and surrounding awareness of units, you can easily do so.

Features

Buying Units: From the shop you can buy additional units to an initial pool that will all spawn together. This is a good strategy to overcome the enemy.

Auto Item Pickup: Instead of clicking on every single item that drops off a unit (there will be more than a few), just walk in close proximity and they will be automatically added for your convenience.

AI: There is working AI, but only if you add a computer player before you launch the game! AI will pick at random it's own hero.
(Note: The current AI is easy and does nothing more than fight, run when injured badly, go back to heal, and when close to full health will fight again. This is a high priority change that will come soon to make it more entertaining.)

Planned Features
Custom Heroes/Spells: While there isn't much to add to this section, there are plans for at least 8 custom heroes with at least 3 custom spells apiece. For now there is only 8 melee heroes to play as; Paladin, Archmage, Mountain King, Blood Mage, Blademaster, Tauren Chieftain, Far Seer, Shadow Hunter. Please bare with me, I don't have much spell creating experience.

Screenshots

One of my favorite things is the terrain. I spent a lot of time reworking it form it's old look (it was terrible, don't bother asking to look.) and adding as much detail as possible.
No1.jpg

No2.jpg

VotedSettings.jpg

ItemPickup.jpg

Beta

If you download the beta please give feedback in the comments, also bug reports if there are any. What did you like about it? What could use improvements? What could you do without? Your criticism is the best tool for improvements, especially on issues that were overlooked.

Download Here: (Not enough feedback after a week to keep the beta up)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.