• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Hero silenced forever and not have buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
[Problem] In my map, sometimes a hero get silenced forever (but very rarely happens), on status bar not show any buff of silence ability. I don't have any black icon for buff.
Does anyone know why? How silence without buff can happen? How strange!
120571823_695924047800218_1853556093148229296_o.jpg

Update 22/4/2021: I finally found how to create that bug, you can check in comment #15.
Now the real question is how to fix it? Because remove all bugs, killing hero and revice still doesn't help at all.

Last edited:
Level 12
Do you use a silence ability? In your map or a silence ability from a dummy?
Or any spell that silence..
When yes show a screenshot of the settings of the spell
On ability’s (Stun,snare,slow,silence) the duration of 0 is infinity to fix that issue use 0.001

if you remove the buffs it happens without silence buff too..

Level 6
Do you use a silence ability? In your map or a silence ability from a dummy?
Or any spell that silence..
When yes show a screenshot of the settings of the spell
On ability’s (Stun,snare,slow,silence) the duration of 0 is infinity to fix that issue use 0.001

if you remove the buffs it happens without silence buff too..
I have 4 or 5 silence ability, but none of them have 0 duration.

Level 6
why did you ignore the part with 'beer'? "D
You mean Drunken Haze ability? Can you describe it more clearly. How to Drunken Haze cause that bug?
And yes, my map have 2 custom spell from that ability, "attacks prevented" of 2 spell are set to "none" by default. And i tested it not stack buff with silence ability, it show 2 buff at status bar.

Level 6
there are no real causes, it just happens somehow
I finally found how to create that bug:
"Silence" a hero when it is under "hex" state, then wait when hex expires, at that exact moment "silence" that hero again. That hero will have a 50% chance of being locked from using the skill permanently even silence buff expires.
2021-04-21_021906.jpg
I have a demo map here. (Try it a few times to get result)

Now the real question is how to fix it? Because remove all bugs, killing hero and revice still doesn't help at all.

Attachments

• Test Silence Bug.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.