• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero requirements ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi all!

i succesfully made the Naga race as a 5th selectable and playable race

except i ran into a problem - the Naga race doesnt upgrade its town hall into 3 tiers, like the regular 4 races do!

also, i got 2 heroes - the lady vash type and the naga mymirdon type (i made the naga myrmidon type)

i want to allow player to make a 1st hero as normal, but in order to make the 2nd hero, one should have:
- armor researched to level 3
- weapons dmg researched to lvl 3
- submerged researched
- 6 x coral beds buildings (coral beds are the supply depots of naga)

how do i do this exactly?

many thanks

Level 3
When selecting a building in the object editor, you actually have Techtree - Requierments, you can also add researches and levels there.

However, as far as I know, you cannot require multiple buildings of the same type to be required.
If you also want that, you should do something like this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Coral Bed
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of living Coral Bed units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Greater than or equal to 6
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make Altar of the Depths Available for training/construction by (Triggering player)
        • Else - Actions
          • Player - Make Altar of the Depths Unavailable for training/construction by (Triggering player)

Level 12
For the requirements of the researches the solution is simple. Put the needed researches into the field: Techtree - Requirements, then put the level numbers of the researches into the field Techtree - Requirements - Levels.

171555-albums7933-picture94244.png

In regards to the coral reefs the trigger posted look good but the actions aren't so great. Better make the actions more like this: create dummy unit (dummy unit named '6 coral reefs') and remove dummy unit. Make the hero require the dummy unit in order to be made. This way you will be able to see the hero and look at his requirements and meet them.

Level 24
I do have an example of that...

It was a concept for custom hero ability learning.
It requires the hero to be some level but the learning is an upgrade.
So I needed the same kind of way to make it.

@Makoodzaka, @Eriador
The requirement settings of heroes are different than of buildings.

Attachments

• Warcraft IV.w3x
    68.5 KB · Views: 36
Level 3
no..sorry :(

just tested it

doernt work

It does work, but you would still have to add the upgrade to the original building (ie keep to the town hall), you can do that in the object editor in the - Upgrade to - field.

However, the requirement of a dummy unit is better, because when you remove the upgrade the whole button would disappear, so you wouldn't know what to upgrade to.

Level 12
I do have an example of that...

It was a concept for custom hero ability learning.
It requires the hero to be some level but the learning is an upgrade.
So I needed the same kind of way to make it.

@Makoodzaka, @Eriador
The requirement settings of heroes are different than of buildings.

How are they different? They feature an extra option to add requirements with each tier but that has no effect on the standard requirements. I just tested it myself and it works. Just make sure you have the numbers for the requirement levels right based on the order of your requirements.

Level 3
guys...after extensive testing, with:

Techtree - Requirements - Tier 2(urq1)
Techtree - Requirements - Tier 3(urq2)

i noticed that it doesnt work like it does with normal races!

take the regular human heroes .... at Tier 2, they have Keep, and Tier 3 they have Castle

this this means that unless you made that hero right off the bat, you' ll need to upgrade to get it!

i.e. say i made a Paladin, but i also want an Archmage...i will be forced to upgrade my Townhall to get it

i wanted to replicate this to the Naga - except that Nagas dont have town hall upgrades... :
i have 2 heroes.... you can make any hero off the bat
(either the Lady vash type or Myrmidon type....but if you want the other guy too, you would have to do more stuff... like build those buildings or get some upgrades (maybe get all armor and weapons upgrades)

problem is ...for these guys, it doesnt work like this!

the techtree requirements from above do not work for the Nagas!

in short - at the start of game, i want to allow player to train any of the two heros the Nagas have ...but if you want the other one too, you must build some stuff and get some upgrades

in order to get the 2nd hero, you must do ALL of the above - build all the buildings and get some upgrades too!

otherwise, you wont be allowed to build the 2nd hero!

this is to prevent the naga player from having 2 heroes right off the bat, while the regular races need upgrades which take some time

the heroes should be trainable in any order ...so it shouldnt matter which heroes the naga player trains first

Level 12
Ah, I getcha. In that case you are right... What you could do instead though is the following. Make a trigger than when a hero starts training (naga witch or naga myrmidon) you disable the other hero for that player and enable a copy of the same hero but with those requirements. Also remember to make a trigger that disables the copy of the hero with the requirements and enables the hero without the requirements when the hero is cancelled from the training que (in case you change your mind about the hero or something).

Level 3
What you could do instead though is the following.
Make a trigger than when a hero starts training (naga witch or naga myrmidon) you disable the other hero for that player and enable a copy of the same hero but with those requirements. Also remember to make a trigger that disables the copy of the hero with the requirements and enables the hero without the requirements when the hero is cancelled from the training que (in case you change your mind about the hero or something).

...and enable a copy of the same hero but with those requirements.
are you referring to the second hero ???

Also remember to make a trigger that disables the copy of the hero with the requirements and enables the hero without the requirements when the hero is cancelled from the training que

wouldnt this happen automatically, because the conditions arent met anymore?

will try and figure it out :p

i admit my trigger understand is pretty mediocre!

if i cant figure it out myself, i ll be sure to ask again here

many thanks

Level 12
Alright, I did the whole trigger for you and it works fine (unless I didn't understand what you meant). Basically the way the second hero gets the requirements you want is through being replaced by an identical clone in the altar after the training of the first hero. The only difference that clone has are his requirements. I had to disable the clones initially in the gameplay constants. The triggers got a bit too complicated for me but I did it and learned something new. Let me know if you have any questions and if it is what you were looking for.

Attachments

• CoralStuff.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 41
Level 3
@Makoodzaka

hello again

many thanks

i ran into a small problem ....my altar shows off 4 buttons

i mailed you a PM (but i dont have it in sent items) and i think it didnt sent you the message

in case you havent received the message in PM, please download my map:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/FISUxQiwce/MyMap.html

its a WinRar archive ...unrar it in some folder, and please first of all, read a text file called
Read me First!

thats it and 10000x thanks

have a great evening

Level 12
I cant't download the map from that link it asks me for facebook or some google plus nonesense. Either way, you probably did not set the techtree properties of the heroes to disabled. Go to world editor, click 'Scenario' on the top bar and press 'techtree properties'. Then select all the players and disable your two heroes with requirements under whatever race they are in. If you cannot find them anywhere you can create a trigger than disabled them for all players.

Status
Not open for further replies.