• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Minicontest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyritie has a valid point... Why can't parrot host it? does that go against any rules, or more importingly, does it affect anything badly? As long as the mods approve the contest, I don't see why a "not-mod" can't host it?

I vote for Parrot!

Why? Because normal people can't create threads in the arena, that's why.

Level 3
i'm in too!! i love making themed heroes with cool spells... i also have LOTs of ideas in my head by now! i think this contest is just great, i can be a noob in a middle of PROs but usually ppl like the heroes i made (at least some guys from my MSN), i think this contest is gonna be fun (if approved)
gonna see what model i'm gonna use, not sure yet

Level 3
0.o' actually those stuff can be done without triggers and importing files with import manager, so it's not kinda a REAL import hehe

Level 28
I do believe that his idea has been submitted many times in the past.

A staff member was once working on its development but it has yet to take place: it will eventually.

I think I get why the contest isn't aproved but the reason is kinda shity.
Just because some staff memeber was working on it but never completed it (or whatever). It's like the mods don't want a non mod to be the first one to host a specific type of contest.

It's a great idea and I don't get why they can't aprove it.

Level 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacek
doesn't blizzard td have custom water elemental only? xd

and by object edited spells I mean spells WITHOUT triggers/jass

Yes,you can.You won't win anything tho.

you cannot ashure that... he might get a GREAT idea that everyone liked then voted him, never knows, but of course a JASSer like most of the ppl in this contest will have much more freedom to do his great ideas =D

Level 2
Remove me from the contest, Parrothead. I have acquired a new computer and it seems I am unable to get Warcraft III on it.

Level 8
This seems to be not be getting anywhere. Perhaps if you made it a direct challenge to all you have already stated that they are interested in the contest you could make it work that way.

This is just a suggestion and I do not know if this is allowed.

Level 4
Well, I would prefer having it a contest because it certainly has enough members and it would make for a nice competetion. If it was a direct challenge there would be no prizes other than bragging right saying you beat everyone else. If it becomes a competition you can get an icon award and reputation points; this gives people more reason to join it.

Status
Not open for further replies.