• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

hero.png
contest.png
number.png
3.png

results.png

The contestants were to create an avatar of themselves. The Avatar must be in the form of a Warcraft 3 Hero.

Blame The_Reborn_Devil for the lateness :D

contest%20judging.png

8Ball777
Originality(2/15):
- Only positive fact about this hero is the model, since it uses a pandaren, which doen't is one of
the most used ones and maybe
- The ultimate may is at least one point for the originality

Visual(3/5):
- The Jump ability actually has a nice fitting effect
- May you could work a bit more on your tooltips. They are kind of confusing due to your style of writing
- The tooltip addition of cooldown/manacosts is a nice extra, much more playerfriendly (all in all your tooltips look
like those in WC3)
- Your ultimate still has some nice effects, even though it isn't a nice spell
- The totem spell is just really not fitting with its effects. You used an undead builing for it, but your hero is
some kind of fury
- The icons are fitting their spells.

Coding(1.5/10):
Let's start talking about your coding. First of all the trigger names are kind of missleading, since those names just
don't fit their tasks. You named them like nononono or letsstart (kind of), but in some
way triggers should tell the reader what the content of them is. Like stopJumpCastin or moveJumpLoop.
Another thing I really missed was any kind of documentation. It helps those who may want to use your spell, or just
want to learn from it.

- One of your biggest problems is that it seems like you don't know what leaks are, or maybe you just know how to clear
them, in both cases you may should look into this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/
There you can find some help and information about leaks in Wc3. All in all your spells leak about 50 groups... and this in triggers
which are executed every 0.01/0.04 seconds...
- That's another problem you might should fix, the periodic event of 0.01 seconds. You shouldn't use values below 0.03, since
it doesn't is that efficient. Think of it if you may have like 50 triggers which are executed each 0.01 sec. Would be a
real mess.
- All your spells are not MUI/MPI, they can only be used by one unit at a time, without appereance of any flaws.
In your jump trigger I noticed that you set an array with the important values, but you just use array[1]
You may could use a dynamic array system to make your spells MUI, seems like you tried to, or just copied this, but I don't
know.
- In addition you should start using loops for your spells/triggers, it would shorten your triggers as well as making your
spells more structured.
- All in all your code lacks a lot of stuff. I would recommend you to learn some more basic stuff about wc3 coding, since there
are a lot of flaws with your code.

Synergy(6/15):
- You used a pandaren as your hero model, so I expected spells who might would fit your hero in some way.
The jump-spell is the only one which really could be connected in anyway to your hero.
- The totem is just not a spell which would fit a fury pandaren warrior, that includes the model
- Your third ability (Extrimal Surviving) is a nice addition to your jump spell, since one can charge into a battle and
be protected in some kind, this is a nice fact.
- The ultimate just doesn't fit in this wild concept , with all those gleves which just doesn't fit to this pandaren. In the
end it still has a nice conection with (Extrimal Surviving)
- All in all the effects of your spells might have some synergy but that isn't enough, since it's just one spell which contects
them to be in some way nice.

Balance(1/5):
- This hero just lacks this part. Your spells in combination are just too mighty, that this hero would pwn everything in
a melee match
- Your jump spell is just the beginning ... one can jump far more then 1000 range to another place and in addition it deals
relative high damage
- The totem boosts everything of an unit... damage/armor/speed . And this with really high stats
- With the ultimate you can run into another base press it... and kill every unit in this base.
- May you should take a look at your work again to make some balance changes. Furthermore there are a lot of things lacking
so just my tip for you: Study the Wc3 basics again. But this contest may is a help for you, I hope so :).

Total = 13.5/50

88WaRCraFT3
Originality(4/15):
- This hero may offers some nice tactical stuff with switching to melee, but let's face it, this is the only
originial idea for this hero in combination with your Inferno Strength
- Rain of Terror is just another Rain of fire with... uhm a flying Infernal? Really why is this hero flying...I think
to have some trigger-code for this ability.
- Your ultimate spell is just a copy of the Inferno spell (DreadLord)... the only difference is the scripted meteor
and that you spawn 2 Infernals instead of 1
- This hero lacks new original stuff ... if 2 spells are just a rid off , then this is just not enough!

Visual(3/5):
- All your icons except the the Chaos Power one (Banish Icon) fit their spells. I see no connection between this icon and
turning a hero into a melee unit.
- The effects of all abilities are more or less fitting.
- I don't see any sense in attaching 2 hammer to the Infernals hands to express that it's a melee unit
- The looping sound effect of your Chaos Power is getting annoying with time...one could silence it
- Your Rain of Terror has just borring effects ... that's nothing special
- Your ultimate could use a casting area so one sees which units are affected by the spell

Coding(4/10):
First we start with some general stuff about your style of coding. All your triggers have fitting names and express what
the reader will find inside, in addition you seperated the single spells with comment-triggers. I missed some more documentation
int your triggers, it would improve the structure and make a lot easier for others to read. Inside your triggers you sometime
use if/then/else - blocks where it isn't necessary. All in all it seems to be fine, also if it's really simple GUI-usage.

- First of all there is no need for the variable array IS_Growing_Size. You just use it for setting the size of unit some
lines later. To achieve less lines you could skip this and set the size directly in the function call. Would use some
memory. -> In one block you set the IS_Growing_Size after usuage, cause some minor problems.
- The part in Is Set Height where you loop the Is_Unit_Group2 you just check for ability level and call stuff which could
be done in the ability-learn trigger to have the same effect. This in addition would be more perfomant since you have less
stuff to execute each 0.05 seconds.
- In your IS Change Caster trigger you check if the unit is a specific unit type and if not you again check for another
unit type in the else-block with another if/then/else construction... there is no need for this, since there are just
2 unit-types which can cast this spell, so if it's not the first type it has to be the other one. Would shorten your code ;)
- The knockback part of your Chaos Power spell can cause some bugs + leaks + MUI problems. You use an effect array to set the
knockback effects, but you just use the indexes 1-4 which will be overwritten if another unit casts this spell, and so
the effects of the first unit would never be destroyed.
- RoT condition also could cause leaks since your don't check if the group is empty after removing an unit from it. You
check this in the else-block, but when the group should get empty this statement will never be reached. So this definitely
will cause a leak. The same mistake is done in your M Loop trigger... checking if group is empty befoer removing an unit.
- You leak a group in your M Loop trigger -> Picking every unit within range...
- All in all I recommend you to learn the usuage of dynamic GUI usage

Synergy(8/15):
- All your spells are in some kind connected with the elemt of your hero: Fire.
- The best senergy is achieved between your Chaos Power and Inferno Strength ability. Those two are just ultimatetly
complementary and are offering much ways of usuage.
- I think that the manaburn effect of your Chaos Power is not really fitting this ability/hero, I connect some kind of anti
caster hero with this ability and not with fire (although burn may could be connected with fire)

Balance(3.5/5):
- This hero is well balanced. Not too high attributes or damage. Everythin seems to be fine.
- The fact that one has nice tactical options by using melee/range attacks is leading to a balanced used during fights
- The damage/range boost by Inferno Strength might be a bit high, so I recommend to lower this

Total = 23.5/50

Originality(11/15):
- I just can repeat myself, the idea behind this hero has capability...and you tried to do the best with it.
- The Flaming Swoop ability may looks nice but lacks some originality since it's just damaging a line of units.
- May you should have done a better connection between caster and fighter part of your hero to score more points, since
this would be the really interesting part!

Visual(4/5):
- Your spells have some nice effects and are totally fitting
- The tooltip could use some more work, since the learning tooltip is lacking a lot information, it's just too superficial
- Your Icons are well chosen, but lack the disabled version, so when you pause the game you will see green squares.
- May you could improve the effect of Spirit Worms
Coding(2.5/10):
Let's see. I liked how your spells were presented ingame, but nevertheless your code is lacking so many things, and this
causes bugs to your spells, and cause more problems! First I should start with the more positive stuff: Your
documentation is okay (You could improve it at some points) and all your triggers seem to be well structured , including
trigger-names and way of documentation. In addition I found no leaks, which shows me that you have a general idea of
some basic stuff. But there is one thing I didn't find: Timers! You may should start using them.
- First: All of your spells are just MPI (In one case not MPI eigther), try to learn how to use dynamic GUI or even Jass
- You use PauseUnit() which I wouldn't recommend. There are cases which can cause this function to bug
- All you triggers, even though they don't have any events, use GetTriggerPlayer() and GetTriggerUnit(),
instead you better store the casting unit or target, do as you prefer
- Then the thing with timers... you should start using them, instead you use wait in the wrong way. Waits can cause
player desyncs if not used right. Better store stuff like caster/target/player etc. in variables and then use them in
triggers which use timers
- In your Spirit Worms trigger you coded a workaround, since you weren't able to import the DISBTN files of your icons
correctly... better look again into how you should import icons, other stuff
- Not sure if this is right part, but I add it here (didn't really affect coding points): You should rework Spirit Worms.
All units surrounding the caster get neutral hostiles and that is kind of unfair.
- In addition to this could get worse since there is the possibility that your Turn Back trigger can bug
- All in all most of your triggers can cause bugs and this would lead to worse situations. Fix it please.
- Your Beast Within doesn't have a Chance of 16% ... it's 16.666 since (1/6)*100 == 16.66666666... You should check if the number
is smaller/equal to 16 out of 100 Integer random = RandomInt(1,100) | if random <= 16 then...

Synergy(9/15):
- All your spells were connected in some way. According to spell type and ingame appearance.
- Your ultimate, Flaming Swoop and Spirit Worms are perfectly co-operationg. You could damage hostiles with the Falming Swoop
and kill them when they are affected by Spirit Worms, same could be done with Ultimate/Spirit Worms. So there are some
options for having a nice battle, with some tactical parts!
- May you could have choosen another model for Flaming Swoop, since the sound/spell don't fit a red Gargoyle ;)
- Same for the Spiders... just red big spiders, c'mon. Also they shouldn't be that big eighter.

Balance(3.5/5):
- In general the damage done by your spells is well balanced but there are some flaws.
- The controlling player should be able to cancel the ultimate spell, actual the hero can't do anything when casting ultimate
- You may lower the spawned spiders (or hp/damage). There are just spawning too many, and that is imba

Total = 30/50

alext
Originality(13.5/15):
- This hero lacks nearly nothing. All his spells are in some way unique.
- The stun + extra damage thingy is a bit unoriginal but well, it fits this hero
- Maybe you could use another model since the Paladin - Model is kind of borring (didn't really affect the rating
since the spells still fit this model)

Visual(4.5/5):
- Everything is done right. Icons are fitting their spells same for the effects.
- Only flaw I've found was that Repetance-Buff icon wasn't the right one (Holy Light Icon)

Coding(7/10):
The first entrant I judged which actually used Vanilla-Jass. Your whole code looks very clean, well formated. Your documentation
was very helpfull in judging this, so I just can say this is how documentation has to be done. Moreover all your triggers were
named correctly, so that people can easily find the right triggers. But then there also were some flaws.
- I noticed that you never null locals. You should since jass locals don't get recycled as far as I know -> so they will keep
using memory
- In your TWS-Code you double checked if the caster has the ability. 1. in condition 2. in action with if-block. That's
not necessary.
- You use DestroyTrigger() in some parts of your code, when you use TriggerTimerEvents. This can cause bugs
as far as I remember. Just replace those TriggerTimerEvents with timers, does the same job and you can destroy those
timers without any following problems :)
- Then a small tip: You sometimes use local groups just one time. My tip for this: Create a global group and use this instead.
You don't have to destroy it just clear this group and use it later again.

Synergy(15/15):
- All your spells are well fitting. One can combine the usage of them to achieve a nice tactical move.
- Holy warrior -> Holy spells. Nothing more to say.

Balance(4/5):
- Your spells seem to be well balanced, and could be used in melee games as well.
- Vengeance of the Righteous can be too imba. If you tank some mobs and combine your spells you easily can achieve
1500+ adddamage. May lower the damage gain

Total = 44/50

Beast(TrOg)
Originality(8.5/15):
- You may should have worked harder to achieve more unique spells.
- Your shokwave spell is just another spell which damages a line. May rework this one and make it more original.
- Wilder is a really good idea, since one can use this in many different situations but just turning an unit into an hostile unit
with some red effects... doesn't seem to be that original
- Your ultimate is well done

Visual(3.5/5):
- You may rework your tooltips, they may use a lot of different colors, but they don't fit a regular melee game.
One just reads the last line of the tooltip, since there are the information needed => damage etc. so who would care
about the rest of your tooltips.
- All your icons are well chosen and fit their spells
- You may have chosen another model for your hero
- The effect of Wilder could have done better. Roar buff symbol could be confusing
- May rename your ultimate, since there is allready an ability called Roar

Coding(8.5/10):
This is a very clean and structured usuage of GUI. One can see what is contained in each trigger, since the names fit them.
In addition your comments are also helpfull so one can read relative fast through your trigger. You tried to make your spells
easy editable for others, nice move. You may should think about moving on to Jass, since there is nearly nothing you could have done
better in GUI. All your spells are MUI and leakless.
- In your Shockwave cast/ Wilder cast and Roar cast triggers you allways turn the periodic trigger on. Check first if the
Index is equal then 1 before turning on, since otherwise this trigger is allready turned on
- In your Roar cast trigger you create 1 dummy for each unit in your unitgroup, would be enough if you use one dummy for all
units in the group

Synergy(12/15):
- One can combine your spells in some nice ways to achive good tactics
- Your Shokwave doesn't really fit to this hero.

Balance(2/5):
- All your spells , except for Shockwave, are too imbalanced
- Wilder can be used on heroes, which shouldn't be allowed, since heroes are the main part of an army!
- Solidarity makes your hero nearly immune to melee attackers. They don't reach your hero to hit properly
- Roar is much too imba... big AOE with up to 7 seconds stun + 250 damage lower the stun duration + damage

Total = 34.5/50

Chewii
Originality(7/15):
- There are some parts lacking originality, AOE stun or just knockback, could be done better
- The ideas behind your Bloodrage spell and your Enrage spell are really nice but maybe you could have done
it even better
- The model used by this hero fits and is something uncommon!

Visual(1.5/5):
- This is the most lacking part of your hero.
- The name for your Bloodrage spell is missing in the ability learn dialog.
- You may should look for new Icons, since those don't fit this hero
- Make sure that the player gets to know which spell uses which shortcut
- All tooltips should be reworked
- May add buffs for Bloodrage and Enrage, there are no visuals for this spells
- Your ultimate just is a bunch of warstomps and could cause lags on low computers

Coding(3/10):
Your code lacks so many things. First you should start to structure your code. You have no documentation, start commenting your
code, that helps to achieve a better structure. Not a single spell is MUI nor MPI so they are useless in multiplayer.
Then you use wait and PauseUnit which both can cause bugs in the way you use it.
- Bloodrage is bugged if since you use waits. The buff doesn't get removed properly
- Each level of Enrage adds the event (Unit takes damage), that causes bugs since the trigger has 3 events in the end and so
the damage count is not correct
- In addition you could shorten your Rhough Skin code by not using an if-block for each level, instead do some math :p and
use just one if-block

Synergy(5/15):
- The only real good synergy is the one between Bloodrage and Enrage, they are a perfect combination.
- Your ultimate may offers some tactics in combination with Bloodrage/Enrage
- All in all you should rework your spells, since the idea is ok

Balance(3/5):
- Your hero seems to be farily balanced there is just one issue: Bloodrage is definitely too imbalanced, you may
lower the attackspeedboost.

Total = 19.5/50

cool_is_i
Originality(5/15):
- You tried to achieve something interseting by using a nice idea, creating some kind of hacker. Your model is something
new , so one expects somethings new
- All spells lack originality, although you tried to make them more unique by using the tooltip

Visual(2.5/5):
- Your icons are well chosen and fit to each other
- The tooltips could be a bit more precisely
- Since your spells didn't get that nice effects, you may should rework those
- Your use imported models which are not fitting for this kind of hero

Coding(2/10):
You named your triggers well , so I could easily find the triggers. The triggers are done relative inefficient and there are
a lot of things you may have done in another way. Also maybe use comments to achieve a better overview.
- Your Digitize spell isn't MUI or MPI, since you only use one variable to save the casting unit
- Stop using 'Do Nothing' function calls, they are not needed, since it's just an empty function
- For effects you use the dummy unit with a prechosen model. The same could be done with trigger effects
- Your Virus trigger could be done via object editor by using the 'Parasite' ability
- The Keylogger trigger leaks alot of unit groups, you may have used the custom line 'set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true'
but this only applies to the first group call, since inside the ForGroupBJ function 'bj_wantDestroyGroup' is again set
to false.

Synergy(1/15):
- The only synergy I could find was the theme at all

Balance(2/5):
- Your ultimate spell is just too imba, being invincible + AOE damage for 60 seconds. That's not nice.
- All other spells seem to be okay.

Total = 12.5/50

Darkyvm
Originality(15/15):
- All your spells are something which not often are used in wc3 and perfectly fit their hero
- Same for the models

Visual(4.5/5):
- All your effects, icons, models and skins fit and couldn't be better chosen
- The only thing you may could improve is your tooltip for multiple levels, all in all your spells are well descriped
- Give more information for 'Replenishing Waters'

Coding(7.5/10):
Your code is nicely done. The documentation is the way it should be, and your triggers are well structured. But there
are some flaws you might improve.
- Start naming your global variables in upper case, since so you can better differentiate them from local variables
- You use an timer interval of 0.025, I would say 32fps is enough (0.03125)
- In your 'Water Spike' trigger you use a filter function which calls another function writen by you ('Targets') with
the GetFilterUnit() parameter, thats not necessary, you can save one function call by merging those two functions
- You save your structs within the table, that's okay but you could use a HandleTable instead and you don't have to do
integer(struct) since the struct allready are handled like integers so you only could do (Table[unit] = struct), so you
also don't need the key variable within your struct ;)
- You use the BJ 'GetUnitLifePercent': Do it on your own so you can save 2 function calls
- You may merge the tick and loop functions/methods in your 'Replenishing Waters' trigger to one static method,
would save a function call ;)

Synergy(15/15):
- Your spells have a perfect synergy: Ice/Water magic which fits this hero and in addition your ultimate 'True Form'
creates an ultimative synergy

Balance(4.5/5):
- Your spells are balanced but you may lower the mana regen of 'Replenishing Waters', seems like one couldn't get out of
mana

Total = 46.5/50

DevilDuke1995
Originality(14/15):
- What can I say: You nearly managed to create an unique hero.
- Only flaw is your rogue spell, it's kinda lame

Visual(3.5/5):
- Your spells lack some effects: Your could create a better effect for your ultimate, that it's more obvious that those
two units are connected in some way
- The Blood Wrath effect is too overused!
- You may chose other icons, more fitting ones

Coding(8/10):
Your coding is not perfect but 'okay'. You lack some documentation for your triggers (globals are good descriped). Also I
like the short tutorials on how to implement those spells.
(Small tip, start using "this.var" instead of ".var", this increases the readability -> didn't affect rating)
- I don't get why you use a TextMacro in the 'SanguineCrescent'-Trigger, this also could be done with a simple function/method
- In your 'SoulTear'-Trigger callback method you only nulify the timer if the struct is destroyed, I would suggest to move
the line outside of the if-block
- Again in you 'SoulTear'-Trigger you start a non perodic timer with 0.00 duration, I don't get this, why not just calling
the method?

Synergy(6/15):
- All your spells fit this hero
- Your ultimate profits by your 'Blood Wrath' level, nice idea.
- That's all, there is no more synergy, since there is no sense in combining your spells in combat

Balance(4.5/5):
- Seems balanced
- May lower the life of your ultimate unit

Total = 36/50

Duruka
Originality(1/15):
- This hero lacks originality, all spells seem to be standard Wc3 spells with chanced effects
- 'Earth Strike' is equal to 'Stormbolt' plus an additional AOE effect
- 'Shock Aura' is equal to 'Thorns' , just another effect and total damage
- 'Scorch' is equal to 'Shadowstrike' without initial damage
- The ultimate just sacrifices an unit owned by the caster to summon an Elemental...

Visual(2.5/5):
- The 'Shock Aura' effects are nice
- Your tooltips seem to be fine, standard wc3 tooltips-style, which I prefer
- Your 'Earth Strike' tooltip is not correct, since it deals more damage
- The ultimate-icons doesn't fit the spell
- The effects of 'Scorch' and your ultimate are a bit lame

Coding(3.5/10):
Your coding lacks documentation, also if there wouldn't be much to documentate. Your triggers are very basic, but okay ->
no leaks and works as wanted.
- I don't see the sense behind your 'Shock Aura' trigger, this could have been done via object-editor and would be more
efficient

Synergy(2/15):
- The ultimate doesn't fit into the scheme, 3 earth/nature spells and 1 water related.
- One could combine 'Earth Shock' and 'Scorch' to have some kind of hero killer hero. Focusing single units!

Balance(3/5):
- Overall the balance seemed to be fine
- Add Manacosts to your ultimate and add a duration timer to the summoned unit and lower the life of this unit
- Your 'Earth Shock' also deals damage to the target of the spell, needs to be changed
- Earth Shock' is too imba against heavy armored units

Total = 11.5/50

Egorman
Originality(5/15):
- The theme is nice: Blood+Orcs ehm and of course BLOOD!
- The spells them self are not that original , 'Bloody Whammy' is just hex with a DOT
- Then a spell which summons 2 orcs, those orces also could be wolfs :p
- 'Vampirism of Strength' is vampirism whith a small strength boost.
- 'Blood Pool', the ultimate is just AOE damage over time.

Visual(4/5):
- Your tooltips, icons and effects seem to be fine.
- For all your spells, you use the same gore-effect, but it simply fits
- Random animal effect... could be something more bloody
- 'Vampirism of Strength' has the wrong buff

Coding(3.5/10):
What can I say, your triggers are organized and one knows, which belongs to which spell. There is no documentation.
I also don't know if you made all your triggers your self, since for your 'Bloody Whammy' trigger you use indexing to
achieve MUI, but all other trigger spells are not even MPI, mysterious!
- You turn the trigger 'Bloody Whammy Damage' off without checking if there are any spell instances left!
- Your 'VoS'-trigger will bug if more then one hero cast this spell
- Your 'BP Cast' trigger isn't MUI/MPI
- You should use loops for your 'BP Cast' trigger instead of copying the function call one milltion times :O
- Also the 'BP Cast' trigger leaks a location.

Synergy(3.5/15):
- All your spells fit your hero theme.
- Your 'Bloody Whammy' spell and your orcs can be combined to achieve a nice damage output on a single target

Balance(3.5/5):
- Your spells seem to be balance instead your ultimate: Hero becomes invincible and deals AOE damage over time

Total = 20/50

Gamecrafter_DK
Originality(8/15):
- A Crab-Hero which uses water magic, nice idea but could have better spells ;)
- I like the idea for your ultimate, could have been done better
- 'Cleanse' is really nice spell, could be very usefull in larger fights
- Your 'Call of the sea' and your 'Shell of the Depths' spells are plaine copies of 'Thunderclap' and 'HardenedSkin'

Visual(2/5):
- Your spells lack multilevel tooltip and the right commandcard placement
- You could have chosen other icons for your 3 basic abilities
- The 'Call of the sea' effect is one I have often seen
- The 'Cleanse' effect is just nice, fits the spell

Coding(2/10):
I could find each trigger, but no documentation. Your triggers are very basic and you may should look again into you
triggers to find leaks, if aren't familiar with leaks, look into tutorials again.
- ALl your triggers leak locations and unitgroups!
- You may rework your 'Spirit of the depths' spell, since I noticed some malfunction (Elementals moved away and
didn't attack)

Synergy(7.5/15):
- All your spells fit the hero-theme
- Your spells allow good combinations in battles (Slow + AOE damage, Slow + Micro + Heal)
- This hero can be used as some kind of tank

Balance(2.5/5):
- Your spells are okay, but a bit weak
- Increase the ultimate damage, or duration
- The duration of the slow effect of 'Call of the sea' is too short

Total = 22/50

Hunterravyn
Originality(13/15):
- Nice theme, wizard-thief
- Your ultimate is like 'Mirrorimage', could have been a bit more unique
- All your spells seem fine and unique (except ur ultimate)

Visual(3/5):
- You didn't import the hero icon correctly
- Your tooltips seem to be fince , but sometimes a bit too complex
- You could have used some better effects
- Your ultimate is a cinematic spell but wouldn't be that usefull in melee (effects + casting time)

Coding(4/10):
Your triggers are structured and well documented. But they look like been converted from GUI to Jass with some additional
local variables. Also you really use alot of BJ functions which end in unnecessary function calls. Also you set reals/integers
to 0, that's not needed.
- You could merge alot of your if-blocks by using 'and, or' or else-if-blocks
- For your 'Stand and Deliver' trigger you don't use an condition function, instead you use an if-statement, I wouldn't recommend this
since condition functions are relativly fast and you dont create hundreds of variables each time a spell is cast on your map, since this
action function is called each time a spell is used.
- You use your own 'wait' function. Why not using just a timer calling another function and storing necessary stuff into a hashtable?
- You don't remove a location in your 'Skilled Thief' trigger, just nullifying isn't enough!

Synergy(4/15):
- Your spells fit the theme
- Maybe your hero copies should profit of other skills

Balance(2/5):
- Your item-stealing spell is unfair in melee maps and does not depend on the players skills
- Your ultimate is much too imba -> e.g. your hero has items with + 20damage, you've got 9heroes with nice damage output
(the damage is too high), you should lower it!
- Your 'Phase Shift' spell could be improved

Total = 26/50

Kala
Originality(3.5/15):
- This hero lacks alot of originality, all those spells are used anywhere else. Ice heroes can be really cool with unique
spells
- Your 'Volley' spell is very similar to frost nova, without novadamage!
- 'Frostarrows' is just a standard spell!
- 'Accuracy Aura' is a copy of 'Trueshot Aura', just another icon and name
- Your ultimate is a copy of a DotA spell, just adds an additional agility point if stunned for 3secs

Visual(4/5):
- Your tooltips and effects are fine and fitting (Allthough you don't have to write the manacosts in the standard-tooltip
since one can see them)
- You may have chosen better icons for 'Volley' and 'Crystal Arrow'

Coding(3/10):
You have some basic GUI-triggers which lack documentation and MUI/MPI. In addition you should think about renaming the second
'Crystal Arrow' trigger.
- There is no need to use the 'Volley_caster' variable in your 'Volley' trigger.
- 'Crystal Arrow' trigger isn't MPI/MUI

Synergy(9/15):
- All spells fit the Frost Archer
- Your spells are working quite well together and allow nice combinations infight
- e.g. very good hero against melee units, can keep those in distance and deal moderate damage
- With good micro one can play supportive and help small unit groups to get away
- Very player-skill based hero (e.g. the ultimate)

Balance(4/5):
- This hero is very balanced and definitively not imbalanced
- You may make your ultimate more powerfull (e.g. harder to use than 'Stormbolt' but lower damage and stunrate)

Total = 23/50

Kingz - Disqualified

Unfinished work, which is sad since it's a really nice idea!

Maker
Originality(12/15):
- Very cool goblin hero with some nice spell ideas
- Your ultimate is something very special! Didn't see something similar before
- Your 'Jetpack' spell is okay, but nothing new, same for your passive spell, makes the hero a walking factory :p

Visual(2.5/5):
- You could have chosen better icons for your 'Jetpack' and ultimate spell
- Your learning tooltip need some work, so one gets more information about those spells!
- The effects of your ultimate can bug if placed on higher ground.

Coding(7.5/10):
This is a very advanced GUI code with some nice done documentation, keep it on. All your spells are MUI since you correctly
used hashtables, and also I couldn't find any leaks. Next step for you would be the useage of Jass ;).
- You should check if there are any spell instances in use and may turn off your pereodic triggers (Only 'Robots Spawn' trigger)
- In your 'Jetpack Disable' trigger your hashtable isn't flushed correctly since you use 'Picked Unit'
- I noticed some lag ingame sometimes, but couldn't find the reason

Synergy(11/15):
- Your spells fit your hero well and allow some nice combinations
- This hero can be used as a nice supporter in battles (Spawned Robots + tower!)
- Also very effective in AOE damage if Jetpack and ultimate are combined
- All in all there are some ways to combine your spells, and your ultimate can be more effective if the player has fast
reactions

Balance(4/5):
- Hero seems to be balanced
- Only the tower building can be abused to avoid high damage (missiles etc.)

Total = 37/50

Mephestrial
Originality(4/15):
- The main idea for this hero is fine, some kind of skeleton necromancer
- All your spells lack originality, could have been done much better!
- Would have been cool if the summoned skeletons would be based on the dead units (caster,archer etc.)
- You may should chose another soundset for the hero!

Visual(2.5/5):
- Your icons don't fit the spells (ultimate is okay, but also could have been another icon)
- Your hero model is nice!
- You should rework the tooltip of your passive spell ('Necromantic Aura')
- The visual effects of 'Raining Blood' don't seem to fit the name -> Bloodrain!!

Coding(1.5/10):
Your coding is very basic and lacks some stuff like cleaning leaks and documentation! Look into some tutorials on how to
clean leaks in GUI.
- Your 'Necromantic Aura' trigger leaks some locations!
- Your 'Necromantic Aura' trigger will lead to malfunction, use 'And, Multiple Conditions' to connect those conditions
- The 'Necromatic Aura' trigger does not what descriped in spelltooltip, since it does not affect all friendly units!
- 'Reap' trigger should have been done else, since the kill wouldn't be noticed as a kill!

Synergy(2.5/15):
- The spells fit more or less, could have been better ones
- Supportive hero who can have a greate amount of skeleton warriors
- No real synergy between spells!

Balance(2/5):
- Ultimate is too imbalanced, kills every unit, including heroes
- 'Rebelios Bones' should also be able to affect heroes.
- 'Raining Blood' also stuns for a short time, should have been written in the tooltip!

Total = 12.5/50

N1ghthawk
Originality(12/15):
- Archangel hero with some nice holy spells.
- All your spells, except your ultimate are something unique and not often used.
- The soundset of your summoned units doesn't fit (Grunt soundset...)

Visual(4/5):
- Your hero model fits your hero perfect!
- All your icons are well chosen, except your 'Deliverance' icon, since it doesn't fit the the spells theme!
- You have some mistakes in your tooltip (Archmage instead of Archangel)
- Your spell effects are okay, but I don't get the connection between your 'Consecrate' spell and the star of david.

Coding(7/10):
You use some advanced GUI coding with really nice done documentation and well structered triggers. There only a few very small
flaws which could be fixed. I would recommend you to start using Jass, since there is nothing more to do much better in GUI!
- Your 'Divine Guidance' trigger should be done else, if there are more then one hero with the aura in the surrounding area
there will be spawned 2 units, instead of one, and the effect of reviving would be destroyed!
- Pausing units can lead to bugs, which I noticed -> I couldn't give any further orders to the hero after casting the spell
- 'Deliverance' does not have a chance of 7,5% but 6% since you try to cast 2,5 (real value) to integer. The cast cuts all digits
behind the decimal point (real) 2.5 becomes (int) 2!

Synergy(5/15):
- Your spells fit the hero theme
- The spells can be combined (summoned units can be kept alive by healing!)
- Also a nice damage output can be achieved by combining spells
- Since you've got 2 passive spells your hero is based on luck, which destroys most of the synergy

Balance(4/5):
- Well balanced hero
- Only flaw: Needs too much luck!

Total = 32/50

NearbyHermit
Originality(6/15):
- Pure fire/desctruction based hero with some nice spells
- Your taunt like spell is very similar to the one from DotA
- Passive Ultimate but not that unique
- The idea for your aura spell is nice! (very basic spell but still nice idea!)

Visual(4.5/5):
- Your heromodel is well chosen and fits the hero
- Icons and tooltips are good (Some mistakes)
- I really like those short notices at the end of your tooltips
- Effects for your spells are well chosen!

Coding(4/10):
Very basic GUI usuage which lacks documentation, there is just one flaw I've found!
- In your 'Pyro Ring' trigger you set the group variable inside the loop, set it afterwards!

Synergy(15/15):
- The synergy of your spells is just awesome!
- All your spells fit the hero, in addition all abilities are AOE related
- Your aura makes the ultimate even more efficient, since enemies are attacking faster and the hero can be hit more often
- Same for other spells (taunt, AOE damage/stun)!

Balance(2/5):
- The synergy may be fine, but this part shouldn'T be disregarded, you may add an internal cooldown to your ultimate,
it's just getting too imbalanced if many enemies are attacking the hero
- May lower the damage of your AOE stun spell
- Lower the chance of your ultimates single target counter

Total = 32/50

Pharaoh_

Disquallified - You don't have a passive ability!

Sad since the idea is great!

ronojales
Originality(8/15):
- Nice idea creating a Flame Dancer hero!
- Your concept may be nice but your spells lack some more originality!
- The idea of your 'Emblur' spell is very nice
- 'Inferno Curse' spell has also a good idea, but needs some more work

Visual(3.5/5):
- Your hero model is okay, but it doesn't symbolizes some fire related warrior!
- Your icons are well chosen and your tooltips are also well done
- The spell effects could need some rework , especially the 'Inferno Curse' one

Coding(5/10):
You use an moderate GUI coding style with a really well done documentation. Your triggers are well structured and don't
have any leaks, as far as I can see. Only flaw for your spells: They are only MPI!
- You use PauseUnit in your 'Burned Passion' trigger, this can lead to bugs (same for the wait call)
- You may check if there are any instances of your spells left so you can turn off your pereodic triggers!

Synergy(7/15):
- All your spells fit the hero
- Your slowing aura increases the efficiency of your AOE spells ('Dancing Flames', 'Inferno Curse')
- 'Emblur' also can be nicly combined with 'Dancing Flames'

Balance(0.5/5):
- Your spells are not that balanced at all
- Lower the duration/damage of your 'Inferno Curse'
- 'Emblur' requires a duration, actually can be used without any limits
- 'Burned Passion' is annyoing, since it allways pauses your hero if the effect procs (50% chance after some time!!)
- 'Dancing Flames' is much too imbalanced

Total = 24/50

scorpion182
Originality(12/15):
- A lightning scorpion, nice theme!
- 'Lightning Grapple' is for sure my favorite spell for this hero: The idea is just great, why isn't such a spell allready implemented
into the original wc3
- Your ultimate for sure lacks some inovation.. c'mon just AOE damage
- Your passive ability also has a very nice idea, but it should have been implemented better, since it can be abused
- 'Recharge' is very basic but fits well

Visual(5/5):
- Your heromodel is very well chosen, same for icons
- You made some nice looking tooltips with much information given
- All your spell effects fit

Coding(8.5/10):
You have some nice advanced Jass skills with basic variable documentation, may add some more documentation to other parts,
helping other people to understand what you are doing! Anyway, well done code :)
- In your 'Lightning Grapple' trigger there is no need for the if-block inside the group loop of your struct creation
the loop is exited before!
- Your ultimate cooldown doesn't start if 'Lightning Charge' is ready and used in combination with your ultimate, fix this

Synergy(10/15):
- All your spells fit your hero theme
- Your passive ability can be used nicely in combination with other spells
- Recharge is a nice addition to your other spells and allows some nice cast actions
- In the end there are some combinations possible

Balance(5/5):
- Very well balanced hero

Total = 41/50

spencenator

Disqualified - No passive ability, but nice hero idea!

Vakama_Lynx
Originality(6/15):
- A new naga hero with some nice ideas
- Your spells lack some inovation
- 'Tidal pull' could have some more interessting effects, since only AOE slow is lame
- 'Tsunami Strike' seems like a copy of a DotA spell
- Your ultimate has a nice idea!
- 'Tidal Blessing' is okay, but also kinda lame

Visual(5/5):
- This part is well done
- Your icons and effects fit their spells
- Your tooltips grant enough information and are well done.

Coding(3/10):
Basic GUI skills with no documentation and a very bad trigger structure. Your trigger names should have been better chosen
instead of just Spel1/2/3/4... use descriptive words! In addition your triggers are neigther MUI nor MPI! At least you clear your
leaks.
- Use 'And, Multiple Conditions' to connect your conditions, else it can leads to malfunction of your spells
- You don't have to set your global variables to 'no unit'
- Use math instead of multiple if-blocks

Synergy(5/15):
- Your spells fit your hero
- Your slow aura and your AOE damage spells allow some nice combinations
- In the end there is not much synergy!

Balance(4/5):
- Your spells are more or less balanced,
- Maybe lower the damage/heal effect of your 'Tidal Blessing'

Total = 23/50

Xiliger
Originality(14/15):
- Very well done hero with some fresh ideas
- You managed to create two inovative AOE damage spells! ('Flame Break', 'Wild Fire')
- The idea of 'Pyroclasm' is just nice, attacking orbs are allways funny
- Your passive is also nice done and very usefull

Visual(4/5):
- Your tooltips are well done
- Icon of 'Pyroclasm' could have been better chosen
- Effects fit their spells

Coding(8/10):
You use have some advanced Jass skills. I miss better documentation and also I've found some minor flaws. I don't like the fact
that you also used GUI...
- In your 'Cast Pyroclasm' trigger you create a group in onLoop, and loop through it till you get the first enemy in this group.
Why not adding condition to the filter that only enemies are added, and then use the FirstOfGroup if not empty?
- You don't nullify the local handle variables in your onLoop method in 'Cast Pyroclasm' trigger
- In your 'Flame Break' trigger add to your filter function the IsUnitEnemy condition
- In your 'DDS Main' trigger instead of doing everything in the action-function do it in the condition one, since it's faster!
Also you don't nulify the local handle
- Why using GUI for 'DDS Add Unit' and 'DDS Init'

Synergy(10/15):
- Your spells fit the hero
- The synergy between 'Pyroclasm' and 'Flame Break' is very nice
- Your spells are mainly based on dealing damage to multiple units so combination leads to more epicness... :p
- Your passive could have been better connected to your other spells.

Balance(5/5):
- All your spells are balanced

Total = 41/50

xxdingo93xx
Originality(15/15):
- You got some really unique hero here! Nice work man.
- All spells seem to be inovative!

Visual(5/5):
- Not much to say: Well chosen effects, icons and great work on tooltips.

Coding(9/10):
You have some very advanced Jass skills. I missed some more detailed documentation. Anyway your triggers are well (structured etc.)

- I noticed a FPS drop for 'Lightning Vortex' which seems to be connected with your group loop within your execute method

Synergy(7/15):
- All spells fit the hero
- This part is your most lacking one: Your damage buff spell increases the effects of all other spells
- Some nice combinations in melee fights can be achieved.

Balance(5/5):
- This hero is balanced.

Total = 41/50

Zanar
Disqualified - Got 5 skills, rule was to have a total of 4 skills!

8Ball777 - 13.5/50
88WaRCraFT3 - 23.5/50
456564 - 30/50
alext - 44/50
Beast(TrOg) - 34.5/50
Chewii - 19.5/50
cool_is_i - 12.5/50
Darkyvm - 47.5/50
DevilDuke1995 - 36/50
Duruka - 11.5/50
Egorman - 20/50
Gamecrafter_DK - 22/50
Hunterravyn - 26/50
Kala - 23/50
Kingz - Disqualified (Unfinished Hero)
Maker - 37/50
Meohestrial - 12.5/50
N1ghthawk - 32/50
NearbyHermit - 32/50
Pharaoh_ - Disqualified (No passiv ability)
ronojales - 24/50
scorpion182 - 41/50
spencenator - Disqualified (No passiv ability)
Vamaka_Lynx - 23/50
Xiliger - 41/50
xxdingo93xx - 41/50
Zanar - Disqualified (5abilities)

(xD.Schurke's judging * 1.5) + ((votes / total votes) * 25) = Total

8Ball777: (13.5 * 1.5) + ((2 / 98) * 25) = 20.7602041
88WaRCraFT3: (23.5 * 1.5) + ((3 / 98) * 25) = 36.0153061
456564: (30 * 1.5) + ((1 / 98) * 25) = 45.255102
alext: (44 * 1.5) + ((0 / 98) * 25) = 66
Beast(TrOg): (34.5 * 1.5) + ((1 / 98) * 25) = 52.005102
Chewii: (19.5 * 1.5) + ((1 / 98) * 25) = 29.505102
cool_is_i: (12.5 * 1.5) + ((1 / 98) * 25) = 19.005102
Darkyvm: (47.5 * 1.5) + ((3 / 98) * 25) = 72.0153061
DevilDuke1995: (36 * 1.5) + ((2 / 98) * 25) = 54.5102041
Duruka: (11.5 * 1.5) + ((2 / 98) * 25) = 17.7602041
Egorman: (20 * 1.5) + ((0 / 98) * 25) = 30
Gamecrafter_DK: (22 * 1.5) + ((6 / 98) * 25) = 34.5306122
Hunterravyn: (26 * 1.5) + ((0 / 98) * 25) = 39
Kala: (23 * 1.5) + ((0 / 98) * 25) = 34.5
Maker: (37 * 1.5) + ((2 / 98) * 25) = 56.0102041
Meohestrial: (12.5 * 1.5) + ((1 / 98) * 25) = 19.005102
N1ghthawk: (32 * 1.5) + ((10 / 98) * 25) = 50.5510204
NearbyHermit: (32 * 1.5) + ((4 / 98) * 25) = 49.0204082
ronojales: (24 * 1.5) + ((0 / 98) * 25) = 36
scorpion182: (41 * 1.5) + ((2 / 98) * 25) = 62.0102041
Vamaka_Lynx: (23 * 1.5) + ((0 / 98) * 25) = 34.5
Xiliger: (41 * 1.5) + ((9 / 98) * 25) = 63.7959184
xxdingo93xx: (41 * 1.5) + ((15 / 98) * 25) = 65.3265306

First Place
Second Place
Third Place
Darkyvm
alext
xxdingo93xx

Poll | Contest

I won't spill my poison, but this is unfair. Way unfair. I cleared out the issue of 4 active abilities with xD.Schurke already. My question:
So, our hero can have 4 active skills too?

Before you start complaining, not all of the melee maps' heroes have 3 active skills and 1 passive. There also heroes, who have full active skills, e.g. Lich, Blood Mage, Warden, Dark Ranger, Alchemist, Naga Sea Witch, Firelord, Beastmaster, Far Seer, Shadow Hunter. They are too many to ignore this fact.

Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/hero-contest-3-avatar-161433/#post1508405

The judge's answer:

of course you can have 4 active skills, 1 has to be an ultimate... but think before creating the spells: 4 damage spells won't be good for the balance.

Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/hero-contest-3-avatar-161433/#post1508426

I waited months for getting the results of my disqualification? I proceeded with my entry, after I got the reply from the judge, but apparently, I was wrong.

Good job to the winners.

Level 17
Congrats to the victors!

Edit: Even though I did not participate in this, it may have been better to tell the disqualified contestants earlier so they could fix that up instead of telling them at the deadline.

Level 16
I won't spill my poison, but this is unfair. Way unfair. I cleared out the issue of 4 active abilities with xD.Schurke already. My question:

Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/hero-contest-3-avatar-161433/#post1508405

The judge's answer:

Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/hero-contest-3-avatar-161433/#post1508426

I waited months for getting the results of my disqualification? I proceeded with my entry, after I got the reply from the judge, but apparently, I was wrong.

Good job to the winners.

sry but next time you may should consider later posts of judges:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/hero-contest-3-avatar-161433/index10.html#post1510821

1) atleast 1 passive
2) balance for melee games
3) should be fine, but should fit the concept
4) story is allways good... but not necessary

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/hero-contest-3-avatar-161433/index12.html#post1511750

hm i think a passive ability is an abilty which can't be affected by the player... since spells like searing arrows can be affected they count as active ones

And you could have known this, since you submitted your entry later

Level 17
if one entries any contest (not only on THW) one checks the rules before, and read through the rules or what judges etc. posted (easy via searching thread) and if one is sure that the entry fits all rules then I can submit it

This doesn't excuse the fact you should have at least notified the person first so they can edit the model instead of being disqualified at the last minute when they were told they were in the right.
I understand this isn't my problem but it just seems wrong to me what has occurred to an entry.

Level 25
drama-llama.jpg

On a serious note; Not sure about the details. But from what has been posted here and by my own observations. It seems like both Schurke and Pharaoh should have learned something.

Being a judge, you should have decided what rules are the correct ones before posting other posts with invalid information.
Being a contestant, you should have checked the rules more thorough.
And you shouldn't have trusted the judges, they are manipulative and evil.

Level 17
[rant]

rules change during some contests: One have to be aware of it, and I dont know which people are affected by rule changes

Yes but you are not paying attention to what I am saying.
People have lives, and they don't check the thread 24/7 or when they get home from either school/work/luxury.
As a judge you must know what rules affect people and you have to notify the contestants so they can modify their entries.

The contestant doesn't need to check the thread after they submit their final entry, so it is YOUR job to tell them if something is wrong and he probably did read the rules too.
You said he can have this entry in yourself -
"of course you can have 4 active skills, 1 has to be an ultimate... but think before creating the spells: 4 damage spells won't be good for the balance."

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but honestly this is stupidity by the judge in my view.
[/RANT]

Sorry to say, but this is a crock of shit...

As well, changing the rules in the middle of a contest is wrong, as stevie said, people read the rules upon entry, and dont read again, you need to tell people about changes, so you don't get labled a dumbass when you disqualify someone after they ask you and you say its fine.

Level 17
Well, if you want my opinion - judges are always the people who get all the blame in the end. They are doing heaps of work judging the entries, if one or two mistakes out of dozens of entries occur it should be forgivable. What I'm trying to say - c'mon guys, I think being up to date when participating a contest is standard for every contestant, it can't be THAT hard. It's not the judges' fault if others don't give a shit about the latest news.

Level 16
Yes but you are not paying attention to what I am saying.
People have lives, and they don't check the thread 24/7 or when they get home from either school/work/luxury.
As a judge you must know what rules affect people and you have to notify the contestants so they can modify their entries.

The contestant doesn't need to check the thread after they submit their final entry, so it is YOUR job to tell them if something is wrong and he probably did read the rules too.
You said he can have this entry in yourself -
"of course you can have 4 active skills, 1 has to be an ultimate... but think before creating the spells: 4 damage spells won't be good for the balance."

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but honestly this is stupidity by the judge in my view.
[/RANT]

bleh... I don't have a life?...kay kay

Well, if you want my opinion - judges are always the people who get all the blame in the end. They are doing heaps of work judging the entries, if one or two mistakes out of dozens of entries occur it should be forgivable. What I'm trying to say - c'mon guys, I think being up to date when participating a contest is standard for every contestant, it can't be THAT hard. It's not the judges' fault if others don't give a shit about the latest news.

I have judged before, mistakes are easy to make, yes, but a mistake on this scale is hard to forgive, he openly said that it was okay, then when the results come out, Pharaoh was DQ'd for the things he asked and got okay-ed. All because the judge didn't let him know.

Level 17
I have judged before, mistakes are easy to make, yes, but a mistake on this scale is hard to forgive, he openly said that it was okay, then when the results come out, Pharaoh was DQ'd for the things he asked and got okay-ed. All because the judge didn't let him know.

We could blame both parties now. Contestants for not being up to date and judges for not making things 100% clear.
To be honest I'll continue by following this discussion as observer ... I became tired of arguing about drama situations like these.

Level 12
tl;dr

Why the hell did Pharaoh get screwed?

The contest rules only state that:

-The hero must have a total of 4 skills.
-The hero must be like other WC3 heroes and have one ultimate skill and three regular skills.

Nobody has to read 50 pages before submitting a damn entry.

Level 16
Moin moin o_O

Pharaoh_ is disqualify? Can't understand this and I agree to Pharaoh. You said, OF COURSE he can use 4 activate spells but on page 10 you say something about a passive ability ... So you really expect, that everyone should read always those 50 - 60 - 70 sides of mass post, before an upload to make sure everything is fine?

If you don't know what you want from the beginning, don't take care of it anyway and don't make it as a fault of someone else! I really like Pharaoh_'s idea and what ya did, is very unfair!
(Nothing against you schurke!, I'm the last who say something like that!, but that what happen is unfair really)

Else gratz to the winner!

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 16
tl;dr

Why the hell did Pharaoh get screwed?

The contest rules only state that:

-The hero must have a total of 4 skills.
-The hero must be like other WC3 heroes and have one ultimate skill and three regular skills.

Nobody has to read 50 pages before submitting a damn entry.

yes you have, and like I stated before: Search for Judges entries.

There is nothing unfair about it, if one isn't able to follow rule adjustments, then I'm sorry, but it's the contestants fault. You all guys complaining about..."whine whine I dont wanna read some pages where contest related stuff is posted"... one has life, judge has to inform.... fuck off, judges also dont have the time to inform anyone who entered.

Before one submites something, one checks all rules + stuff posted by judges to be 100% sure nothing is done wrong!

And if I say you can use 4 active spells on the first page it may not be the latest stuff.... since it's posted on the damn 1. page.
Get over it. Nothing unfair about it!

Level 22
And if I say you can use 4 active spells on the first page it may not be the latest stuff.... since it's posted on the damn 1. page.
Get over it. Nothing unfair about it!

If you look at the bottom of your post, you should see this handy button called ''Edit''.

Keeping the OP updated shouldn't be too much trouble (especially for a contest).

Level 12
You're such a freakin' genius. I love how you fully recognize the purpose of the main post and the rules it contains.

Yes ofcourse! I should've known that the posted wall of text was for decoration.

Level 16
Yep not every rule update is posted in 1. thread => standard, this rules are also active, but further rule updates affect those. I don't get the point what is so hard to read judge/mod posts to get in touch with further updates?

And again: If you join a contest you have to be sure that your submission fits every rule stated anyware in the thread related to the contest. If some are just too lazy to read 50-60 posts of judges (max)... Those are the same who only reply to longer posts.... "WETHF textwall dont gonna read this shit."

Level 16
And no it hasn't something to do with "whine whine whine". The point is that Pharaoh (in this case here) asked you and you give an answer! Later you changed this answer and now you say this was the fault of him by disqualify him and this is just a fail, because he trusted you, you even could pm him, so he knows that you changed your opinion about that!

Also you can comment like you want, you can't expect people to read every page, just because there is maybe something, what is important. Then you can change your opinion on every 10. page and at the end all fail! So if there are any rules changes at all, there should be a note that o the very first page, so all see that something changed.

Level 13
And no it hasn't something to do with "whine whine whine". The point is that Pharaoh (in this case here) asked you and you give an answer! Later you changed this answer and now you say this was the fault of him by disqualify him and this is just a fail, because he trusted you, you even could pm him, so he knows that you changed your opinion about that!

Also you can comment like you want, you can't expect people to read every page, just because there is maybe something, what is important. Then you can change your opinion on every 10. page and at the end all fail! So if there are any rules changes at all, there should be a note that o the very first page, so all see that something changed.
I accept that too ;)

Yep not every rule update is posted in 1. thread => standard, this rules are also active, but further rule updates affect those. I don't get the point what is so hard to read judge/mod posts to get in touch with further updates?

And again: If you join a contest you have to be sure that your submission fits every rule stated anyware in the thread related to the contest. If some are just too lazy to read 50-60 posts of judges (max)... Those are the same who only reply to longer posts.... "WETHF textwall dont gonna read this shit."

Some of us don't have the amount of time to read through over 100 pages of posts to find one stupid little rule change that you neglected to let participants know about. You as a judge should update the ones that this rule changes effects, at leas those that you know of. So that nothing like this happens. The way you are trying to justify this as right, just shows how insincere you are, and how much of a douche bag judge you can be.

Someone should not have to dig for a change that you made, even after you have went ahead and given the okay. When you give the okay to someone, then change the rules saying otherwise, you need to put it in the "official" rules on the first post, in which everyone sees.

Why can't you understand that the only official rules are in the first post? Anything changed must be added/edited to the MAIN rules.

You do not have the authority to add/change rules halfway through the contest without officially updating them.

100% agreed.

We could blame both parties now. Contestants for not being up to date and judges for not making things 100% clear.
To be honest I'll continue by following this discussion as observer ... I became tired of arguing about drama situations like these.

xxdingo93xx, I am very disappointed in you.

First off, do you really think that I give no s**t about the rules? Was that my first contest? Have I been disqualified in the past? No, in both cases.

Secondly, I don't think I have poured any "drama" drops in my post. I stated in a serious manner what happened. I think that my post has had serious, emotionally naked statements, nothing more, nothing less.

Thirdly, I don't see why you become an advocate of god knows who. Don't judge something, if you don't have a place in it. Yes, I might call situations like these "drama" ones myself, but ultimately, you have no reason to judge something, when you haven't been in my shoes before. I have every right to feel the way I felt (furious and disappointed), because luckily or not, I had concentrated the best amount of votes in the public poll, waited 8 months to be judged (when the results should be delivered within a maximum of 2-month period) to learn that I got disqualified.

Finally, out of the quoted xxdingo93xx, I don't demand anything. I am just stating the obvious. I was logged in all day in this site, people know that; I was keeping myself up-to-date just fine. That quote of yours was the permission-granted for me, to proceed with the completion of the four active skills. I can't pretend that I am ok with it, when I feel very bad about the result.

Apart from that, I really really don't understand why a hero can't have 4 active skills, when we are supposed to imitate the core of a generic ladder hero. Your mission was to compare the entry hero of ours with a hero of the default Warcraft III. When Lich, Blood Mage, Warden, Dark Ranger, Alchemist, Naga Sea Witch, Firelord, Beastmaster, Far Seer and Shadow Hunter have four active skills in their arsenal, I don't see why my hero is out of the Warcraft III's concept.

In my personal opinion, all of the rules should have been figured out before the contest even began and then once posted, should NEVER change unless multiple contestants are abusing loopholes in said rules. And if changed, the original post should be immediately updated and a pm sent out to all registered contestants notifying them of changes in the OP.

This just sets a good system where we can avoid conflicts such as these.

In my personal opinion, all of the rules should have been figured out before the contest even began and then once posted, should NEVER change unless multiple contestants are abusing loopholes in said rules. And if changed, the original post should be immediately updated and a pm sent out to all registered contestants notifying them of changes in the OP.

This just sets a good system where we can avoid conflicts such as these.

Agreed.

Level 17
You're making me break my own principals, but well, let me get this out.

xxdingo93xx, I am very disappointed in you.
uh-hu.

First off, do you really think that I give no s**t about the rules? Was that my first contest? Have I been disqualified in the past? No, in both cases.
I probably expressed myself wrong. I don't think you don't give a shit about rules. It wasn't my first contest either and I have experienced disappointements, too.
Secondly, I don't think I have poured any "drama" drops in my post. I stated in a serious manner what happened. I think that my post has had serious, emotionally naked statements, nothing more, nothing less.
I wasn't refering to your post actually. It is the situation which is another drama-scene for me.

Thirdly, I don't see why you become an advocate of god knows who. Don't judge something, if you don't have a place in it. Yes, I might call situations like these "drama" ones myself, but ultimately, you have no reason to judge something, when you haven't been in my shoes before. I have every right to feel the way I felt (furious and disappointed), because luckily or not, I had concentrated the best amount of votes in the public poll, waited 8 months to be judged (when the results should be delivered within a maximum of 2-month period) to learn that I got disqualified.
Right, you're saying it, "of god knows who". You can replace this with "nobody". As I already said, it is my opinion and I'm not trying to push someone to any side.
Finally, out of the quoted xxdingo93xx, I don't demand anything. I am just stating the obvious. I was logged in all day in this site, people know that; I was keeping myself up-to-date just fine. That quote of yours was the permission-granted for me, to proceed with the completion of the four active skills. I can't pretend that I am ok with it, when I feel very bad about the result.
If you've always kept yourself up-to-date why didn't you notice that the rules were changed? Sorry, but this is a lil paradox :/

Apart from that, I really really don't understand why a hero can't have 4 active skills, when we are supposed to imitate the core of a generic ladder hero. Your mission was to compare the entry hero of ours with a hero of the default Warcraft III. When Lich, Blood Mage, Warden, Dark Ranger, Alchemist, Naga Sea Witch, Firelord, Beastmaster, Far Seer and Shadow Hunter have four active skills in their arsenal, I don't see why my hero is out of the Warcraft III's concept.
Agreed actually. I think it is a matter of originality or style adding passive spells to a hero or not. It just so depends on the creator.

Ok to allow everyone to see my position - I'm neither speaking against you as I can imagine this being a big poopoo-situation nor standing behind Schurke's decision. I'm also not afraid of leaving the top three podeum since I already said a couple of times - this contest was my resignation of wc3 modding and I just wanted to leave my name behind somewhere here.

Status
Not open for further replies.