• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Concept Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Ya, sure, I guess I will just start making random armour and attack items. Screw the bases, who needs them anyway.

Hi mr. Positive.

At least i am trying to help by doing something instead of bit**ing about every single idea/comment someone makes.

If you would have at least read my post at the item thread you would have seen it isn't all about "armour and attack" as you bluntly said and that there are some "base" items, but no, really, feel free to talk mindlessly about my suggestions without even looking at them.

At least i am trying to help by doing something instead of bit**ing about every single idea/comment someone makes.
That's my point. You are not helping, you are ignoring the fact that we need to understand the attribute system before we can start giving ideas. I understand your point of view, but it would be a lot better if people could just read what the project needs. You are using an attribute system (using items to give bonuses to INT, per example) that Xarwin said he didn't want. I understand you want to help, but please read the rules at least.

Xarwin said:
PLEASE TAKE A NOTE THAT AN ATTRIBUTE BONUS WONT WORK BECAUSE OF OUR CUSTOM SYSTEM.

EDIT
I didn't see your edit.
Please don't be to lazy to change your ideas. xD

Level 25
It wouldn't hurt you to actually read what i said on the end of my post:

Didn't see the no atribute bonus rule :p
Stat bonuses i wrote should be replaced as the following 1 of the bonuses:
10 inteligence points equals to 120 mana points or 1.7 mana regen.
10 agility points equals to 7% attack speed or 1.7 armor.
10 strength points equals to 100 health or 3.5 damage.

Meaning if i put atributes somewhere they should get replaced with the values i stated there, and i will do so in time, but in order not to get anyone confused i put these values so they can know: "oh 16 inteligence, that means that gives 192 mana points or 2.72 mana regeneration"

Edit:

Didn't see your edit.

Level 25
Septimus said:
CONCEPT STATUS: REJECTED
REASON: Only for those who contribute towards the project and been active/senior member of this site.

Xarwin said:
Everyone is free to submit a hero.
Make sure it follow the guidelines in the first post ;).

Seems a bit contradictory and hypocritical, even though the hero for which the comment was made was lame, the reason why it got rejected is a direct opposite of what Xarwin just said.

You should keep this in mind.

Level 11
Well that guy had like 50 posts and 3 rep, which is not very helpful. Fussiler1 on the other hand has 1,700 posts and good amount of rep. Since he doesn't have any neg rep (or at least fresh one), he obviously was helping people around, and not spamming. And that is good enough. We don't want only people on first 3 pages of member list with most rep you know.

Level 9
so if attribute bonuses wont work, wont most of the spells get affected? some of the people might have 'buy item and strengthen spell' concept in their brain when they make their hero ideas. if there is not going to be bonus attribute systems, do we need to give spell ideas in numbers (eg. 500) or in calculations (eg. strx1.5)?

Level 11
Well the plan is that Septimus checks all the heroes and if they are good asks for Xarwin for final approval. Icons are standstill. I suggested numerous times that we get someone like Septimus for icons, but it was ignored.

Level 31
Well the plan is that Septimus checks all the heroes and if they are good asks for Xarwin for final approval. Icons are standstill. I suggested numerous times that we get someone like Septimus for icons, but it was ignored.

I am way too busy with my campaign and my real life, with many inconsiderate user doesn't use the proper formatting, given a description that are way too long and some useless ability suggestion. It is really hard to get the work done.

I would try to find some spare time next week to sort it out.

Level 25
Give the users with unapropriate format hero submission a notification stating that if they don't edit their concept submission their hero concept will be deleted after 1 week.

Also notify them through a VM board since i don't think you get a notification when someone edits your post.

Level 11
Well obviously more people should be assigned to help septimus, plus some people to items. They all need to be checked. A group leader should probably be a mod so he can edit peoples posts too. You reading this Xarwin!!

Level 31
Well obviously more people should be assigned to help septimus, plus some people to items. They all need to be checked. A group leader should probably be a mod so he can edit peoples posts too. You reading this Xarwin!!

Well, I have some spare time in this couple of weeks. I begin to move and stick approve submission concept for viewer to view it.

Most of the approve submission would have an awesome formating, comment and etc etc once i am done with it.

Level 49
Hmm. About Shamanyouranus' submission. I suppose that it's fine right? He has about 18 total skills, 1 of them is a spellbook used to switch between skills(contains 4 skills), one is an ultimate and the rest change according to the initial skill. So as a matter of fact only 4 are usable at a time.

Also, I'd like to comment that FrIkY's Pandiablo submission works perfectly in the game. Nothing is too long, as I saw far bigger descriptions in other maps in WC3.

Also Zadelime is quite senior\famous.

Level 13
got a question about heroes. can i submit a hero concept that was submitted to the hiveworkshop a long time ago and isn't even available anymore and the user hasn't posted to the site in a little over a year and i've been working on the hero for my own map? of course, i'm altering the title of the hero class and the hero's model...but mostly else is approximately the same...with a tweak or two here or there. see it was a spellpack and i just recoded everything...it was gui. the thing is, he named the hero(proper name) after himself...so i think this map was made for such heroes...if they are worthy, of course. but maybe i'm wrong and we just want current users of hiveworkshop to have heroes named after them. either way, i'm planning to in my own map if it ever comes out to use this hero in my map, among others, most of which are already just designed by me and aren't really based on any hiveworkshop folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.